Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach >

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Like Tree63Likes

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Old 08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks again for everone coming out and running tonight. Rich, glad you had fun, that Brushless system will come around...

Wednesday nights are pretty popular, and we have a good mix of Gas/Electric. We have been slicing the night up, doing 20 minute increments of Electric only, Gas only, and Open track. That lets everyone get out there and run with the same types of cars, so we are not running over each other.

We should be racing in a couple of weeks, when we have a solid date for the first race, we will be sure to post it. Once again, MDI racing will be providing the Saturday Race programs.

I met with Royal Palm Beach Parks and Recreation today,and we recieved approval to finish the improvements to the track area. They also cleared us to seek donations to pay for the improvements.

So far we have raised about 1400 dollars to pay for the Drivers Stand, Piping, Corner Dots, Welding, signage and other misc items. We are about 1500 short to finish what we are doing. We have to build new stairs for the drivers stand, as they are too steep, we will be building the rest of the pit spaces. adding lights to the pit areas, Knocking down a door in the rink on the north side, setting up the club, and incorperating it as a not-for -profit org, we need about 10 more welded junctions, and 10 more corner dots with welded connectors. Additional piping so we make layout changes, compressor, ETC.

We are gettign there, and I would like to thank some people and companies that have got us this far.

Lou Recchio and The Village of Royal Pam Beach Parks and Recreation for the place to race
Joe ( I am sorry I dont know your company name ) for the electricity in the pit area
Causeway Lumber for the Drivers stand PT
Joe Grenadier Builders for the Drivers Stand PT
XS Power for a good sized donation
Ross Reardon from Craftmaster Pools for very heavily discounted pipe.
Adam Dipirro for the dedication of the prepping the track and always keeping an eye on things.
Tim the Carpenter for building the stand, and the 400 bucks in nails, screws and connectors for the drivers stand.
Mike for helping the new racers with thier cars every week.

And to all the racers that are supporting us.

Last edited by TimPotter; 08-11-2005 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:46 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xdamxincx
Hey people.. names Rich . I was out practicing tonight with the black electric car with the rc driver stickers on it ...
Would like to say i think the total layout and everything overall was awesome..And i would like to thank those again that helped me out with my car .... I had fun even tho my car is not up to par yet. But i will definitely be out more often.. And would like to come to the races when things get rolling there ....

thanks for a great track...
Welcome. I hope I didn't crash into you last night.

Tim, thanks for letting me drive your 1/12... that car is bad a$$. I need to get mine finished so you can help me get it setup.

jag
Old 08-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

que pasa seņor jag ... i'm currently rebuilding my 1/12 so i'll be coming for you soon i'm selling my tc4 if you know someone who wants one, i'll be driving the new yokomo soon
Old 08-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

The timing system is on its way so we will be racing within the next couple of weeks. I will have personnal transponders for sale in the store too.

Steve
Old 08-13-2005, 10:57 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sonic31
que pasa seņor jag ... i'm currently rebuilding my 1/12 so i'll be coming for you soon i'm selling my tc4 if you know someone who wants one, i'll be driving the new yokomo soon
BRING IT!

I guess I better finish building my L4.

jag
Old 08-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Suspended

Tim,

bring the steel, and I can bring my welder to the track (120v gasless mig)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Thanks again for everone coming out and running tonight. Rich, glad you had fun, that Brushless system will come around...

Wednesday nights are pretty popular, and we have a good mix of Gas/Electric. We have been slicing the night up, doing 20 minute increments of Electric only, Gas only, and Open track. That lets everyone get out there and run with the same types of cars, so we are not running over each other.

We should be racing in a couple of weeks, when we have a solid date for the first race, we will be sure to post it. Once again, MDI racing will be providing the Saturday Race programs.

I met with Royal Palm Beach Parks and Recreation today,and we recieved approval to finish the improvements to the track area. They also cleared us to seek donations to pay for the improvements.

So far we have raised about 1400 dollars to pay for the Drivers Stand, Piping, Corner Dots, Welding, signage and other misc items. We are about 1500 short to finish what we are doing. We have to build new stairs for the drivers stand, as they are too steep, we will be building the rest of the pit spaces. adding lights to the pit areas, Knocking down a door in the rink on the north side, setting up the club, and incorperating it as a not-for -profit org, we need about 10 more welded junctions, and 10 more corner dots with welded connectors. Additional piping so we make layout changes, compressor, ETC.

We are gettign there, and I would like to thank some people and companies that have got us this far.

Lou Recchio and The Village of Royal Pam Beach Parks and Recreation for the place to race
Joe ( I am sorry I dont know your company name ) for the electricity in the pit area
Causeway Lumber for the Drivers stand PT
Joe Grenadier Builders for the Drivers Stand PT
XS Power for a good sized donation
Ross Reardon from Craftmaster Pools for very heavily discounted pipe.
Adam Dipirro for the dedication of the prepping the track and always keeping an eye on things.
Tim the Carpenter for building the stand, and the 400 bucks in nails, screws and connectors for the drivers stand.
Mike for helping the new racers with thier cars every week.

And to all the racers that are supporting us.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

mr. potter, i was wondering if you were considering having some races on sunday? i have sundays off and there isn't much racing going on at speedzone anymore ??? i work on saturday so by the time i get off and then drive up there i haven't too much time left.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Carlos, sorry but our standard program will be on Saturday's . We also run practice on Wed nights till about 10pm. We had decided on Saturday afternoon/evening for many differnt reasons, one such being that Speedzone was running on Sundays, and we did not want to conflict with them.

Dependning on whan you get off work, you still may be able to catch a a round and mains. Even better, make sure your boss sends you early so you can REPRESENT !

If you would like to come up on Sunday and run some., the track should be well groomed and ready for you. I am sure Sunday will be for special events at Village, Oval, Nitro Enduro's whatever becomes popular.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks tim
Old 08-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Great turnout tonight, about equal Nitro and Electric. Get ready to start regular racing.MDI will be installing the timing loop before next wednesday night. We are looking for some plywood if anyone has some to donate. Thanks to everyone for thier support!!!!

Last edited by TimPotter; 08-18-2005 at 05:57 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

mr.potter, can you give me directions to your track? i'll be driving up i-95.

thanks
Old 08-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how many sheets of plywood are needed ?
Old 08-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Carlos,

Here is a link to directions

http://www.fseara.org/clubs/mdi.htm
Old 08-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

3 sheets ripped lengthwise in half should do the trick. Thanks for asking. We will be at the track thsi tuesday doing upgrades.

Originally Posted by xdamxincx
how many sheets of plywood are needed ?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if u want to come get them give me a call and schedule somthing.. i just have whole sheets... gimme a call at 6285425

-Rich

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.