Like Tree63Likes

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Everyone,

I got an email from the Park mgr today. Due to insurance limitations, they do not want us to be doing any part of the demolition or rebuilding of the track. Pounce the track is rebuilt he asked me if we could paint the track. That being said, no Track day on Sunday. I want to thank everyone again for wanting to help. I am going to try and meet with the Parks manager tomorrow to see what the timeline is for rebuilding. I will keep everyone posted!

Kindest,

Robert
Nice to see the Park is committed to rebuilding.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any updates on what got accomplished this past weekend?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Old 05-07-2014, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by seefil
Any updates on what got accomplished this past weekend?

Inquiring minds want to know...
Drove by there yesterday. They completely removed the drivers stand, the benches inside of the wall and also the top half of the wall all the way around the track. Only thing left to remove was the timing and scoring area.
Looks like decent progress. .....
Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DaveVera
Drove by there yesterday. They completely removed the drivers stand, the benches inside of the wall and also the top half of the wall all the way around the track. Only thing left to remove was the timing and scoring area.
Looks like decent progress. .....

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i have simply run out of time and need to unload all my old stuff if anyone is interested in getting into it. i have an older xray t3 2011 in fine shape fully outfitted and a BMI CH10 WGT car also rtr. i can part out anything also. let me know. shoot me a pm and i'll check in every once in a while..
Old 05-14-2014, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has there been any headway on what we are going to do for a drivers stand
Old 05-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

For anyone eager to race, some of us will be going to Valkaria this weekend for the final FSEARA race of the season. It's a relatively short trip up I-95 and it should be a good time as always. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Originally Posted by greasy geek
has there been any headway on what we are going to do for a drivers stand
No details yet. Stay tuned.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Racing

[QUOTE=dbme;13265717]For anyone eager to race, some of us will be going to Valkaria this weekend for the final FSEARA race of the season. It's a relatively short trip up I-95 and it should be a good time as always. Hope to see some of you guys there.

I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE MENTIONED THIS SOONER. TOO SHORT OF NOTICE FOR ME TO PACK AND GO THIS WEEKEND. HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by astgerma52sp
I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE MENTIONED THIS SOONER. TOO SHORT OF NOTICE FOR ME TO PACK AND GO THIS WEEKEND. HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS!
Sorry you can't make it. We'll be going to Valkaria again for the Regionals (June 7-8). Start packing.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default WGT Officially added to ROAR Regionals @ Valkaria RC

Great news for those who want to compete for a ROAR Regional title in World GT: the good folks at Valkaria RC have been very gracious to add the class to the roster!

This is a ROAR event- ROAR rules apply.

WGT SPEC TIRES- Must have purple stripe

ROAR approved 1S LIPO

ROAR Approved 13.5 Brushless Motor

930 gram weight minimum

Please consult the ROAR website for complete set of rules.

Spread the word as this class was just added to the program based off of demand, please inform your fellow racers that would be interested in competing for a regional title. Valkaria RC is a great flowing asphalt track, perfect for this type of car.

Thanks,

Ken

June 7/8 go to Valkaria RC for more info

Last edited by mosssman; 05-19-2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add date
Old 06-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

We're making another trip up to Valkaria RC this weekend for the Regionals. Looking forward to another great weekend of racing.

It's less than 2 hours North of Village.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

had a great time at valkaria raceway
Old 06-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I stopped by the Royal Palm track today to check on progress. All of the wood has been removed, stand, tables, everything except the fence posts. Its basically a concrete pad with posts all around. The track pipes are still there, and actually look drive-able, but they do not want people on it right now, I know I tried . I spoke with the park employee (who asked me to leave) he said its a couple of months away from being finished. They are planning to fence in the track, and a drivers stand is still up in the air, as far as parks supplying it.
I actually spoke with this person for a good 30 min or so feel confident the track will reopen, all that this person asked was that if we see anything in need of repair, or replacement it be reported so that is can be maintained properly.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbipro
I stopped by the Royal Palm track today to check on progress. All of the wood has been removed, stand, tables, everything except the fence posts. Its basically a concrete pad with posts all around. The track pipes are still there, and actually look drive-able, but they do not want people on it right now, I know I tried . I spoke with the park employee (who asked me to leave) he said its a couple of months away from being finished. They are planning to fence in the track, and a drivers stand is still up in the air, as far as parks supplying it.
I actually spoke with this person for a good 30 min or so feel confident the track will reopen, all that this person asked was that if we see anything in need of repair, or replacement it be reported so that is can be maintained properly.
Yes, we do feel confident the track will re-open soon. I hope to speak to the park director in the near future about the plans moving forward.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Smile

COOP we have some down time till august .if you guys need a hand with anything please let us know .
I know lil pete and I could make the trip down
maybe even earn us a set of them village stickers for our pit box

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.