Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach >

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Like Tree56Likes

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Reply

Old 04-14-2014, 09:30 AM
  #5221  
Moderator
 
DaveVera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
Posts: 411
Default

Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
Great times yesterday!
+1 nice battle between you ,Boosted and Cooper!
DaveVera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:39 PM
  #5222  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
greasy geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: west palm beach florida
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

had a great time Sunday. Great racing, good turn out , nice to see some new people
greasy geek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:50 PM
  #5223  
Tech Regular
 
Yb2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Port St Lucie Florida
Posts: 328
Default

So I was late getting to the club race this sunday but I was able to track test my 1/8th Kyosho GT1 brushless conversion for the 1st time on track !! here is a youtube vid !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE4Ttx-U9-k
Yb2fast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:04 AM
  #5224  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
dbme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 664
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Yb2fast View Post
So I was late getting to the club race this sunday but I was able to track test my 1/8th Kyosho GT1 brushless conversion for the 1st time on track !! here is a youtube vid !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE4Ttx-U9-k
Nice.
dbme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:16 PM
  #5225  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
dbme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 664
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Unfortunately within the past week the track has been vandalized beyond the normal broken pipes and wood. The track will be closed until repairs can be made. Currently we do not have a date for when we expect these repairs to be completed. The drivers stand was destroyed and the Park will be removing the drivers stand soon. We are currently looking into our options for building/purchasing a new drivers stand. This is an unfortunate set-back, but the good news is we have the support of the Park to rebuild the track better than before. The first step will be to tear down the top half of the track's outer walls.

We will get started with the rebuild on Sunday May 4th (Around 9AM). We can use all the help possible. Even if you can only help for an hour, any help will be appreciated. Please come help rebuild Village Raceway on Sunday May 4th. Thanks.
dbme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:06 PM
  #5226  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
Robertcooper88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loxahatchee
Posts: 806
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dbme View Post
Unfortunately within the past week the track has been vandalized beyond the normal broken pipes and wood. The track will be closed until repairs can be made. Currently we do not have a date for when we expect these repairs to be completed. The drivers stand was destroyed and the Park will be removing the drivers stand soon. We are currently looking into our options for building/purchasing a new drivers stand. This is an unfortunate set-back, but the good news is we have the support of the Park to rebuild the track better than before. The first step will be to tear down the top half of the track's outer walls.

We will get started with the rebuild on Sunday May 4th (Around 9AM). We can use all the help possible. Even if you can only help for an hour, any help will be appreciated. Please come help rebuild Village Raceway on Sunday May 4th. Thanks.
I will be there to help. I met with the City Park mgr today, some nice things are going to be done soon. The whole Dugout area, where timing and scoring is will be coming down, all of the battered tables will be removed as well. The meeting went great. As Dave stated, any and all help is appreciated as we make this transition. Look forward to seeing you all out there.
Robertcooper88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:32 PM
  #5227  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
seefil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Man that is brutal. I will try and be there.
seefil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:23 AM
  #5228  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I should be there! Thanks Dave and Robert for coordinating this, and especially for dealing with Parks & Rec for us.
M-Technic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:04 PM
  #5229  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
dbme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: FL
Posts: 664
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Track Workday this Sunday (9AM).
We hope to see you guys there. Any help will be appreciated.

dbme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:01 PM
  #5230  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
Robertcooper88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loxahatchee
Posts: 806
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

This is shaping up to be a good group out at the track helping us revitalize our track. I have been getting alot of calls, texts, Facebook stuff and everything about the people that want to help. We really appreciate it. The more the better!

The Parks Dept. shut the power off out at the track because of the damage. I will be bringing a big generator out there. If you have sawzalls, Grinders, blades, push brooms, gloves etc, please bring them.

I will be bringing some water, cokes etc out to the track.

Lastly, we are open to any and all ideas as we make these improvements to get the track back up to snuff. If you think you have a good idea, we will have a little meeting to talk about them. Look forward to seeing everyone!
Robertcooper88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:35 AM
  #5231  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
greasy geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: west palm beach florida
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

im officially in wgt
greasy geek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:43 AM
  #5232  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
seefil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'm in. ..
seefil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:44 PM
  #5233  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
Robertcooper88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loxahatchee
Posts: 806
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Everyone,

I got an email from the Park mgr today. Due to insurance limitations, they do not want us to be doing any part of the demolition or rebuilding of the track. Pounce the track is rebuilt he asked me if we could paint the track. That being said, no Track day on Sunday. I want to thank everyone again for wanting to help. I am going to try and meet with the Parks manager tomorrow to see what the timeline is for rebuilding. I will keep everyone posted!

Kindest,

Robert
Robertcooper88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:24 PM
  #5234  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
seefil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88 View Post
Everyone,

I got an email from the Park mgr today. Due to insurance limitations, they do not want us to be doing any part of the demolition or rebuilding of the track. Pounce the track is rebuilt he asked me if we could paint the track. That being said, no Track day on Sunday. I want to thank everyone again for wanting to help. I am going to try and meet with the Parks manager tomorrow to see what the timeline is for rebuilding. I will keep everyone posted!

Kindest,

Robert
So much for beer and sandwiches!!
seefil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:11 AM
  #5235  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
greasy geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: west palm beach florida
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I know we aren't working Sunday ,but are we still meeting out there. then breakfast maybe
greasy geek is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service