Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree63Likes

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

XRay 12 or VBC Lightning? Just wondering...

And do I also need an AMB transponder? Used ones are ok, correct?
Old 04-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just bought a vbc lightning, you can see my pic in the thread from a week or two ago. The parts are very high quality, most parts are interchangeable with AE 12.R5.2, and the price is much better than the xray or the ae. The machined aluminum parts on the car are first class. All of the different chassis will be competitive, so the choice will be more personal preference and parts availability.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mosssman
I just bought a vbc lightning, you can see my pic in the thread from a week or two ago. The parts are very high quality, most parts are interchangeable with AE 12.R5.2, and the price is much better than the xray or the ae. The machined aluminum parts on the car are first class. All of the different chassis will be competitive, so the choice will be more personal preference and parts availability.
I just purchased the VBC Lighting off of a guy here. Good deal. I could use some help Mosssman.

Tires? Compound? Are they rubber capped or foam? Where to purchase?

I am going to get the batteries you recommended previously. I still need to figure out a motor. Probably Team Powers. Charger? Middle of the road quality.

I could use a starting point for gears to get.

And last, do I need to purchase a transponder?

Last edited by seefil; 04-02-2014 at 07:03 PM. Reason: spelling.. lol
Old 04-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

By the way, I took a 45 minute drive up there tonight. I thought there was practicing on Wed night? I guess it's just scheduled like the races. Great track! Any idea how late the lights stay on and when they throw you out?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seefil
By the way, I took a 45 minute drive up there tonight. I thought there was practicing on Wed night? I guess it's just scheduled like the races. Great track! Any idea how late the lights stay on and when they throw you out?
We haven't been practicing on Wednesday's for a while, just our once a month club race which the schedule was posted on the last page. The track is open every day though since it's a public park, the track just won't be prepped so the traction is pretty bad. The lights used to stay on until 9-10, but I don't think we're sure how long they stay on right now. If the lights are on, nobody will be kicking you out.

You'll need a transponder. We use AMB, and used transponders are just fine.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks M-Technic..
Old 04-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just purchased the VBC Lighting off of a guy here. Good deal. I could use some help Mosssman.

Tires? Compound? Are they rubber capped or foam? Where to purchase?

I am going to get the batteries you recommended previously. I still need to figure out a motor. Probably Team Powers. Charger? Middle of the road quality.

I could use a starting point for gears to get.

And last, do I need to purchase a transponder?
You will want foam tires, you can order from Amain.com, you should get an assortment of tires in different shores(hardness) 28- 32 rears 30- 35 fronts. Contact tyres are only 5 to 6 a set from amain are are trued to a useable diameter. Team Powers motors seem to be a good way to go, if you are trying to keep cost low, you may be able to find Trinity d3.5 13.5 for club racing, since they are now not legal for Roar sanctioned events, people may be looking to unload them cheap.

If you need a charger to use before you decide what to buy, I have one you can use.

Gears, 64 pitch 68- 72 tooth spur.64 pitch pinions around 45-52, an assortment is fine but this will put you in the ball park.

You will need a transponder. Mylaps 2 wire seems to be the standard, as the new 3 wire does not work at all tracks. Someone else could probably chime in here with other advice.

Hope this helps!

Ken
Old 04-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mosssman
You will want foam tires, you can order from Amain.com, you should get an assortment of tires in different shores(hardness) 28- 32 rears 30- 35 fronts. Contact tyres are only 5 to 6 a set from amain are are trued to a useable diameter. Team Powers motors seem to be a good way to go, if you are trying to keep cost low, you may be able to find Trinity d3.5 13.5 for club racing, since they are now not legal for Roar sanctioned events, people may be looking to unload them cheap.

If you need a charger to use before you decide what to buy, I have one you can use.

Gears, 64 pitch 68- 72 tooth spur.64 pitch pinions around 45-52, an assortment is fine but this will put you in the ball park.

You will need a transponder. Mylaps 2 wire seems to be the standard, as the new 3 wire does not work at all tracks. Someone else could probably chime in here with other advice.

Hope this helps!

Ken
Very helpfun Ken, thank you!!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Club Race this Sunday
Practice Starts at 9AM. Racing Starts at 11AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, so I was in royal palm yesterday and I stopped by the track to see the layout and I love it! From what I have seen you guys have the best track I have seen out here! Keep up the good work! I am still trying to get up there to race, my car is all good and ready to go but my spectrum radio took a shit so now working on that, sooner or later I will get there, just wanted to say nice track and can't wait to be able to race on it!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Very helpfun Ken, thank you!!
I will be out there on Sunday, I have a few 13.5 motors, I believe 3 of them. One is team powers and the other 2 are speed passion mmm motors. They are basically new if interested. Will sell cheap.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
I will be out there on Sunday, I have a few 13.5 motors, I believe 3 of them. One is team powers and the other 2 are speed passion mmm motors. They are basically new if interested. Will sell cheap.
Thanks! I will be out there but without electronics. I am still gathering my gear. Starting from scratch but would love to see a race to prep and ask questions. I'll bring some cash and we'll talk. I'll look for you.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

We've redesigned our website. Check it Out!
www.villageraceway.com
Old 04-08-2014, 05:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dbme
We've redesigned our website. Check it Out!
www.villageraceway.com
Looks Great Dave!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Great job on the site Dave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.