Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Old 03-08-2014, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Up^
Old 03-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Great race last night! The weather was perfect and the traction was high. It was nice to see some old faces at the track. We had a very productive driver's meeting. Thanks for everyone's input on the upcoming track improvements. Please always feel free to come to the track and share your opinion. We want to provide the best possible facility for racers and we're always open to input from our racers. The date for next month's club race will be posted soon. We look forward to seeing everyone at the track.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Can't waite till next time!
Old 03-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Track was money just like usual. Props to Bob, Robert, and Dave for running a great race.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys, I have talked with a few of you on here but at the time my car was unable to run but now I pretty much have it together and I am ready to run, your track looks awesome! Have some questions, how often do you guys run? Every weekend? Any times during the week? And do you guys have like a key holder program where you can run on the track whenever you want pretty much for practice? I work a lot but would love to be able to get some track time in, so I guess what I am asking is when can I practice and when do you race and how often for both? Thanks
Old 03-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kenny myers
Hi guys, I have talked with a few of you on here but at the time my car was unable to run but now I pretty much have it together and I am ready to run, your track looks awesome! Have some questions, how often do you guys run? Every weekend? Any times during the week? And do you guys have like a key holder program where you can run on the track whenever you want pretty much for practice? I work a lot but would love to be able to get some track time in, so I guess what I am asking is when can I practice and when do you race and how often for both? Thanks
Hi Kenny. Currently we have a club race once a month. The next club race is Sunday April 13th. The track is always open as long as the park is open. But we can't guarantee when/if the lights will come on at night. Feel free to go out and run anytime. However the track will only be prepped once a month for our club races, so the traction will not be ideal when you're there by yourself. I hope you can make the next race. We look forward to seeing you at the track.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Our next club race will be Sunday April 13th.
Yes, that's correct. I said SUNDAY! The racers spoke and we listened. We'll be moving our Monthly club races from Saturdays to Sundays. It will be difficult this year to hold our monthly races on the same weekend of every month as we've done in the past, because of the busy racing schedule in the state with the Worlds and Nationals being in Kissimmee. We won't always be able to avoid conflicts with other races, but we'll do our best. We'll be posting the race dates for the next few months soon, to help you guys plan for the upcoming races.

Club Race Sunday April 13th
Practice starts at 9AM
Racing starts at 11AM

Current Classes:
17.5 Touring
Mod Touring
World GT, 1/12 scale and Nitro Touring (When enough racers attend.)

The Spec tire for touring car classes is Solaris (Hard Compound)
Old 03-16-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, just found this track and group. Live in Coral Springs and look forward to getting back into this hobby. I'm interested in 1/12 and Stock Touring. I have to start from fresh. Got rid of all my equipment years ago. The only thing I have is my old Airtronics C2P I think it is. About 20 year old AM radio.. lol. Could you guys give me a shopping list for your track for these 2 classes? I need a good car/cars, charger, radio, batteries, motor, gears, tires... lol whole kit and kaboodle. I will be stopping by to see what is going on but I would love a head start. Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again and look forward to being a future enthusiast.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dbme
Hi Kenny. Currently we have a club race once a month. The next club race is Sunday April 13th. The track is always open as long as the park is open. But we can't guarantee when/if the lights will come on at night. Feel free to go out and run anytime. However the track will only be prepped once a month for our club races, so the traction will not be ideal when you're there by yourself. I hope you can make the next race. We look forward to seeing you at the track.
Thank you so much, I will try and be there for the next race, really looking forward to coming out! Thanks a lot for the info
Old 03-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seefil
Hey guys, just found this track and group. Live in Coral Springs and look forward to getting back into this hobby. I'm interested in 1/12 and Stock Touring. I have to start from fresh. Got rid of all my equipment years ago. The only thing I have is my old Airtronics C2P I think it is. About 20 year old AM radio.. lol. Could you guys give me a shopping list for your track for these 2 classes? I need a good car/cars, charger, radio, batteries, motor, gears, tires... lol whole kit and kaboodle. I will be stopping by to see what is going on but I would love a head start. Any info from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again and look forward to being a future enthusiast.
As far as Tc goes your best option is probably an X-ray since a lot of guys down there run them and can help you with setup, crc as far as 12th scale goes. Electronics would be hobby wing or team powers but also can not go wrong with orca for speedo batteries nd motors. Trinity motors are also very fast and popular. Radio gear I'd go with futaba or airtronics
Old 03-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by seefil
Everyone will have a different opinion regarding what to buy. There are a lot of good options, but it all depends on your budget and how serious you plan to be. If you're on a tight budget, buying quality used equipment is a good option. There's always someone at the track looking to sell something.

1/10 TC:
Kit: Xray is the most popular at the track. It's durable. Even an older used Xray model is a good option.
Batteries: Turnigy nano-tech (Great Value for the price)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...APPROVED_.html
17.5 Motors: Most popular at the track are Team Powers Plutonium and Trinity D3.5
Radio: Airtronics, KO
ESC: HobbyWing XERUN V2.1, v3.0, v3.1
Body: Protoform LTC-R
Pinion Gears: Robinson Racing
Tires: We run a spec tire. Solaris (Hard Compound)

1/12 Scale:
I'm not up to date on the latest equipment for 1/12th scale, but the most popular 1/12 cars at the track are Team Associated and TOP Racing.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can someone post info about the world GT class please. Popular chassis, body, track rules... Now that you're on a Sunday schedule I'll b able to make it out if I know what to come with !
Old 03-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Phantombones
Can someone post info about the world GT class please. Popular chassis, body, track rules... Now that you're on a Sunday schedule I'll b able to make it out if I know what to come with !
You can really use any popular (or unpopular) WGT chassis, Crc, AE, BMI, Speedmerchant etc. No specific chassis seems to have a major advantage on our track. I like to use the Parma DB9 body, but a lot of people use the Sophia body.

BSR spec tires are suggested, and seem to work best. We will allow other tires for club races. Traction compound varies, from Paragon to Suntan lotion, and everything in between. This track is always prepped well for race day and has a lot of traction.

13.5 Brushless motor- 1s Lipo. Blinky speed control- no timing. Gear around 2.0 to start- adjust from there based on motor temp. D3.5 or Team Powers seem to be the motor of choice.

Let us know if you need any other information and we look to see you at the track. This class is starting to grow and really gaining traction! (Pun intended)

Ken
Old 03-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default WGT

Originally Posted by mosssman
You can really use any popular (or unpopular) WGT chassis, Crc, AE, BMI, Speedmerchant etc. No specific chassis seems to have a major advantage on our track. I like to use the Parma DB9 body, but a lot of people use the Sophia body.

BSR spec tires are suggested, and seem to work best. We will allow other tires for club races. Traction compound varies, from Paragon to Suntan lotion, and everything in between. This track is always prepped well for race day and has a lot of traction.

13.5 Brushless motor- 1s Lipo. Blinky speed control- no timing. Gear around 2.0 to start- adjust from there based on motor temp. D3.5 or Team Powers seem to be the motor of choice.

Let us know if you need any other information and we look to see you at the track. This class is starting to grow and really gaining traction! (Pun intended)

Ken
I finally got mine (CRC Gen x10 LE) put together and look forward to trying it out.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default 12th. Scale next club race!

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach-img_00000085.jpg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.