Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach >

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Like Tree63Likes

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Old 07-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

thanks guys.... we have put alot of time and effort into making this track nice. There have been a lot of people that helped along the way. There are still more improvements that will happen. We will be adding a second 1/18 and smaller sized track in the extra space we have in the north end of the Rink. The power is ALMOST done, with all but 4 of the outlet boxes run. I started on the pit spaces last night, but I beleive I am going to redo what I started to make them a little shorter. We will be added some lights to the pit area, still working that out.

The track offically closes at 10, so you have 30 minutes to clean up. If you dont, It gets VERY DARK.

The Practice night has been organized to 20 minutes Electric Only, 20 Minutes Gas only, and 20 minute open track. This seemed to work well last night.

MDI will start organized racing racing pretty soon. We still have some items to sort out before we move to the next step of racing. We will also be starting the club in the next month or so. Still a bit to do...

Thanks again to everyone that has donated time and money, everyone in the area apreaciates it. I have seen a bunch of new racers, so anyone that sees a new racer, offer to help them out, and don't be afraid to point out whats good and bad.

Thanks again...
Old 07-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Suspended

20 minute increments for nitro works for me.. I ran like 4 tanks each time I ran my sedan. it was like running two mains in one night.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpilone
20 minute increments for nitro works for me.. I ran like 4 tanks each time I ran my sedan. it was like running two mains in one night.
Jarrod did you run the R12?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Suspended

no, the R12 is in storage right now (sold my house).

I ran my rd logics mongoose, which I had dialed until I twisted apart a front dogbone/universal
Old 07-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Thanks for the compliments, the track is really coming along... I jsut wish I had time to drive...

Don't worry Tim. After a few months of running a track you will lose all desire for racing. The sight of an RC car will cause extreme nausea.

Just kidding of course. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:51 PM
jag
Tech Master

Default Base Setup

Does anyone have a base setup for a 200mm TC (nitro), tires (shore and diameter), ride height, springs (stiff, soft), etc...? How is the traction? I know the track has a different type of surface than just smooth asphalt, how does it affect the tires?

I am very excited about this track. It looks great. Good job Tim.

Thanks,
jag
Old 07-23-2005, 06:01 PM
Suspended

i'm running my setup for miami (RPR).

baseline:

stock springs
30wt oil
45 deg front swaybar
7 front / 1 rear droop
6mm ride height
62 or smaller tires (try 40's)
really good traction, too soft and you'll traction roll. very very minimal tire wear too.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Suspended

for the 710m, run red springs.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for stepping with the suggestions Jarrod. I have not run my own nitro car at the track yet, so I would not want to make any suggestions. When the track is prepped is high to very high traction in the line.

Jag, thanks, alot of people have put alot of time in to make this happen.... It is nice that people are enjoying it. We still have alot to do, and I am sure we will feel some growing pains, but we will get there...

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-25-2005 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:55 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jpilone
for the 710m, run red springs.
Thanks Jarrod. My car won't be ready for this Wednesday but maybe I will see you next week. Does anyone race out there on the weekend?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

You can run out there with your car on the weekend, The track is not prepped, so I would bring your blower. MDI will be running racing, hopefully within a month or so. We will be racing Saturday afternoons/early evening to start.

We still have some loose ends to tie up before racing starts in earnest.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:18 AM
jag
Tech Master

You can run out there with your car on the weekend, The track is not prepped, so I would bring your blower. MDI will be running racing, hopefully within a month or so. We will be racing Saturday afternoons/early evening to start.

We still have some loose ends to tie up before racing starts in earnest.
Sounds good. Is there a time when a group of people are out there on the weekends? I assume that the timing system is the biggest item left to complete?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

There is a group of guys that goes out on the weekends, just not sure when, I have been there on Saturday, and saw them in the afternoon. I have dropped by the track, all hours all days, and there generally is someone there running.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

There is a group of guys that goes out on the weekends, just not sure when, I have been there on Saturday, and saw them in the afternoon. I have dropped by the track, all hours all days, and there generally is someone there running.

Tim Potter, You got PM
Old 07-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Another good practice night. Rained around 5-5:30, track was ready to go aorund 6:30

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.