R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Florida Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing-54/)
-   -   Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing/77231-village-raceway-royal-palm-beach.html)

tallyrc 07-12-2009 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by M-Technic (Post 6056176)
I'm going to try and find a chassis to run RCGT in the invitational with.

tim was like a clown pulling car after car out of his sleeves the other night for that class.. pretty sure if i shook him upside down atlest 2 more might have fallen out. :lol: i think he has 4 of them.. he has a complete class in his trunk...

TimPotter 07-13-2009 06:25 AM

Ha. got to show support...

Deebs 07-13-2009 09:22 AM

Another fun night of competitive racing at the Village!

nitro enduro did not happen due to lack of enough gas racers but all the electric guys showed up to race and that we did! Thanks for supporting the club.

Thanks to Tim for running the race and getting everything set up - hopefully we'll see some results posted soon.

also - Congrats to Dave and Diana!

Deebs 07-13-2009 09:22 AM

The new track layout was a pleasant surprise!

Technique550 07-14-2009 02:21 PM

rcgt rules

Want to bring the RCGT Challenge to your tack? It's easy! The rules of RCGT are plain, simple, easy to follow, and set up to allow racers to pull out their cars on the shelf or in the closet, and still be plenty competitive. Here is how to get the RCGT Challenge started at your local track:

-Any 1/10th scale 4WD Touring Car chassis.
-Any "realistic/scale" Touring Car/GT body (No "Race" bodies, Stratus, Mazda 6 etc.)
-Bodies should represent models that are running or had been run in the Touring Car, GT2, GT1 classes in ALMS, LeMans, Speed Challenge etc.
-Any 26mm spoked wheels (no dish wheels)
Allowable X-Pattern tire choices are up to the race organizer, with competitiveness and cost in mind:
-HPI #4790 X-Pattern Radial Tire 26mm D-Compound (base spec tire)
-HPI #4490 X-Pattern Radial Tire Pro Compound 26mm (stickier compound for improved traction)
-HPI #4495 X-Pattern Radial Belted Tire Pro Compound 26mm (sticky and belted tire, allows for more speed)
-Kit Lexan wing (flat realistic wing if included) or Plastic realistic wing set(s) only (keeping in mind the spirit of realism of the class)
-27T/17.5 Motor Limit.
-6 cell NiMH or 2 cell LiPo 7.2/7.4v battery limit.
-Suggested minimum weight limit: 1350 grams

Keeping the spirit of the class, scale realism, the final decisions on specs should be decided by each local track/organizer and should reflect the local flavor of the track/racers.

Had a good time runnin the rental sat. night thanks to everyone for help and support. I'm trying to get something together to run rcgt myself sounds like a lot of fun.

GTSSTANG 07-14-2009 02:53 PM

I have everything, but tires ready to run RCGT..

What FDR should I use for a novak 17.5 at our track?

M-Technic 07-14-2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by GTSSTANG (Post 6067341)
I have everything, but tires ready to run RCGT..

What FDR should I use for a novak 17.5 at our track?

Depends on the speed controller Rick.

yyhayyim 07-14-2009 03:50 PM

Are you guys planning on running RCGT as a basher class like the VTA was run, or a competitive class like TC?

GTSSTANG 07-14-2009 04:29 PM

I am using a Novak GTB.

TimPotter 07-14-2009 09:02 PM

VTA was not run as a basher class, it had some rough heats, but it was not BASHER.

RCGT is just a more laid back fun class... Matter of fact ,if we have some TA cars, I say run them togther.

Originally Posted by yyhayyim (Post 6067557)
Are you guys planning on running RCGT as a basher class like the VTA was run, or a competitive class like TC?

iceman76 07-14-2009 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by TimPotter (Post 6069160)
VTA was not run as a basher class, it had some rough heats, but it was not BASHER.

RCGT is just a more laid back fun class... Matter of fact ,if we have some TA cars, I say run them togther.

i dont know about you guys but im door checking Mr.Felix Law:sneaky::sneaky: Hope to see u tomorrow Tim

M-Technic 07-15-2009 12:17 PM

Practice tonight! Gotta get the cars ready for the Invitational next weekend!

For those that are stupid like me, there is another active thread going for the Invitational. Here is the link:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-...july-25th.html

TimPotter 07-15-2009 09:16 PM

Great Practice tonight....

MY RCGT car is HOOKED up....

boyntoncyclone 07-18-2009 05:32 PM

AMB Transponder

Hey Tim, know of anyone selling a personal transponder, or one I can use for the race?
:eek:Sold mine sometime back when I thought I was done!

Deebs 07-18-2009 07:25 PM

We should have hand out transponders available for the race - to be confirmed