R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #61
Tech Adept
 
River rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno-Machino View Post
Hey racers, any 10th electric late models planning to race this weekend?
I believe I will have both mine done so I'm in!!!
__________________
WWW.RIVERRATRC.NET
River rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #62
Tech Adept
 
Geno-Machino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The other "O"town
Posts: 100
Default

Sounds great.
Scaled the car and tires are in the box ready to go.
Just tell me what to prep for motor/esc if it's different than 13.5 blinky and I'll head that way.
Just wanted to be sure to get track time when I'm burning a kitchen pass.
Geno-Machino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #63
Tech Adept
 
River rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno-Machino View Post
Sounds great.
Scaled the car and tires are in the box ready to go.
Just tell me what to prep for motor/esc if it's different than 13.5 blinky and I'll head that way.
Just wanted to be sure to get track time when I'm burning a kitchen pass.
I'm set up for 13.5 blinky or open up to y'all
__________________
WWW.RIVERRATRC.NET
River rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #64
Tech Adept
 
River rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
Cool

Track will be really good we prept it earlier this week and covered it up and looked at it to day and still looks smooth and fast!!
__________________
WWW.RIVERRATRC.NET
River rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #65
Tech Adept
 
Geno-Machino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The other "O"town
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by River rat View Post
I'm set up for 13.5 blinky or open up to y'all
Blinky works for me but I'll go with the flow. No problem.
Geno-Machino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #66
Tech Adept
 
Geno-Machino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The other "O"town
Posts: 100
Default

Made it up to RR today and WOW what a great place to race. It lives up to all I had heard about the place. Just sorry it took so long to finally get there. Saw a lot of folks I had not seen in many years, the Carriggs, the Showers and Ponder too.
Well maintained, great racing surface, well planned facility and a real class act. Reminds me a lot of the old days at the Whip only in dirt.
If you haven't made the trip, it is worth doing so.
Thank you Steven.
I look forward to getting back that way soon. Maybe we can grow the 10th Late Model class. The Legend cars looked great on dirt too!
Geno-Machino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:21 PM   #67
Tech Adept
 
River rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
Thumbs up

Thank you gene for all the help with my new 1/10 late model it's going to be a real fun and competitive class I had a good time racing with you and hope to do more soon !
Hope you had a safe trip back
__________________
WWW.RIVERRATRC.NET
River rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #68
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 407
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

The SSC LM49 is currently in production and seeks to test the efficiency and performance of this left-hand-dedicated chassis platform hosting the single-shaft Traxxas 4 wheel-driveline on 2cell/540 power in the 1:8 electric Late Model class at River Rat. Do you guys see a lot of electric 1:8 Late Models? With a 12.85" wheelbase and approx. 10.75" track/width to the outside edge of a 1:8 tire/rim, and approx. 6lb estimated track-ready weight will it be able to run in your 1:8 class? Really looking forward to wheeling some oval track once again.

I attached a photo of the draft LM49 layout during design. There is a wedge tuning feature in the front right quadrant (a camber link will extend from the top plate down to the diagonal link capture/block). The flex tuning block down the middle b/w rear and front top plates can be removed or ran with any configuration of up to 4-mounting screws. It'll be built with two front towers and 4-equal length front GTR shocks. Also looking for the body company that makes an SC-conversion correct-width Late Model Body (I bought one >2 years ago for a custom SSC build request w/1:8 motor setup but the name slips my mind).
SSCLCG.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #69
Tech Adept
 
River rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCLCG.com View Post
The SSC LM49 is currently in production and seeks to test the efficiency and performance of this left-hand-dedicated chassis platform hosting the single-shaft Traxxas 4 wheel-driveline on 2cell/540 power in the 1:8 electric Late Model class at River Rat. Do you guys see a lot of electric 1:8 Late Models? With a 12.85" wheelbase and approx. 10.75" track/width to the outside edge of a 1:8 tire/rim, and approx. 6lb estimated track-ready weight will it be able to run in your 1:8 class? Really looking forward to wheeling some oval track once again.

I attached a photo of the draft LM49 layout during design. There is a wedge tuning feature in the front right quadrant (a camber link will extend from the top plate down to the diagonal link capture/block). The flex tuning block down the middle b/w rear and front top plates can be removed or ran with any configuration of up to 4-mounting screws. It'll be built with two front towers and 4-equal length front GTR shocks. Also looking for the body company that makes an SC-conversion correct-width Late Model Body (I bought one >2 years ago for a custom SSC build request w/1:8 motor setup but the name slips my mind).
I sent ya a PM not sure if you got it but if it fits our rules on www.riverratrc.net under outlaw 1/8 elec we wont have a problem with it Im not sure what that truck looks like but the single shaft may be a problem because of the rules state that it has to be a three diff system you may want to do some looking to make sure it fits other tracks so if it dose well you wont be limited but as far as testing you are welcome to do so no mater what it is
thx
steven
__________________
WWW.RIVERRATRC.NET
River rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #70
Tech Adept
 
River rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
Cool SATURDAY OVAL RACING

Just another beautiful sunny saturday club race if your in the area come on out going to be a good time.

Also offroad will be open for practice
__________________
WWW.RIVERRATRC.NET
River rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:22 PM   #71
Tech Adept
 
River rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
Cool DOUBLE HEADER

double header this week at river rat oval friday night off road saturday
details at
www.riverratrc.com
__________________
WWW.RIVERRATRC.NET
River rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #72
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Im moving up to Hawthorne in the next month or so (up fro St. Petersburg). I have a Mod Sprint and 4WDLM. Do any of your locals run Mod Sprints, or at least have them on their shelves at home? Trying to drum up some interest here and at NewRed.
flamingtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #73
Tech Adept
 
River rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingtire View Post
Im moving up to Hawthorne in the next month or so (up fro St. Petersburg). I have a Mod Sprint and 4WDLM. Do any of your locals run Mod Sprints, or at least have them on their shelves at home? Trying to drum up some interest here and at NewRed.
Yes on mod sprint I have one on the shelve and I know of a few more we have a few 1/10 2wd late models 13.5 class and sclm and a lot of 1/8 nitro and electric our site is
Www.riverratrc.net
Check it out
Steven
__________________
WWW.RIVERRATRC.NET
River rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:49 AM   #74
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 58
Default

Besure to come out Friday night 4-4-14 for some fast action Oval Racing and then come back for some Wild action racing on the Off-Road Saturday afternoon 4-5-14. Hope to see you all there

RC Signup Oval Info
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3726

RC Signup Off Road Info
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3698

This weekend 4-4-14 and 4-5-14
__________________
MindFreak Racing
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MindFreak-Racing/158254950929700
Beavis1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #75
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 58
Default

River Rat RC Saturday. Come get you some Oval Action

__________________
MindFreak Racing
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MindFreak-Racing/158254950929700
Beavis1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:50 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net