Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR electric off-road Region 4 race

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Glad to hear its not gonna be a slicks race. That is a serious downer for people traveling in that have never seen your surface. I know a group who wen and were out to lunch because they didn't know the local tricks to traction at your facility.

A suggestion for the format would be KiSS

Use what's worked for years and years. No bumps (this isn't supercup)

Run 3 rounds of qualifying with 1 drop and qual points. Rocket round just isn't a fair way to race at a large event with changing track conditions and they will change being that its a new layout as rubber lays down. When you run rocket round it makes for a do or die qualifier in the last round. Qual points rewards consistency not one single flyer.

It's your race so do what you want. But just suggesting how regionals have been ran for many years.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Kris
Old 08-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

I think bump ups are great.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Great suggestions by Randy on the "No Bumps" and "Qual Points" for qualifying eliminating the rocket round issue at big races.
Also great to hear that there will not be a sealed surface any longer and eliminating the use of slicks.

I wasn't planning on racing the Regional since I haven't raced any of them since my return to racing a few years ago but am now thinking about it.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randy is right.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Its great that you want to be able to save money and time off for school/work to make it a 2 day race but Friday is still a day to be missed from either one if your not a local. The out of towners will still use Friday as a practice day. Unless you have open practice Saturday?

So with the past history of supercup and regional attendance your looking at 150-200 maybe more entries. So with no issues your looking at a race program that will end at anywhere from 11-1 in the morning. With people living in south and north Florida they will probably stay Saturday night and drive back Sunday. So it will still be 3 days.

With the format that you intend to use just doesn't make for a fair racing program like quali points does expecially for a regional event.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys for all constructive criticism. This is all a learning experience for me and I'm trying to make this feasible for everyone and keep you all happy.

I will strongly consider changing to 3 quals with qual points, no bumps and aaa mains. That would make this a 3 day race.

Thanks
Kris
Old 08-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

ROAR rule 5.7.9 outlines the qualifying that is to be used for a regional (level 3) race. It is mandatory that there are 3 rounds of qualifying. The type of qualifying is up to the race director. If time is a concern, I would not use a triple-A main format for the mains. It will just add 12 plus minutes for every class and make a long day into a vary long day.

The only way you can run less qualifiers is to apply for a deviation of rules. This would have to be signed by roar and advertised 30 days before the race. If someone was to protest the race procedure, the protest would be upheld and you would end up running 3 qualifiers.

The method that Randy has stated is ROAR approved and makes for a level playing field.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

You guys don't think it's a bit late to be changing all the details about the race?

Keep the format the same for now, if you change it now and turn it into a ROAR rules debate you'll just hurt the turn out. ROAR is suffering right now (in turnout from regular guys) because it all turns into a rules debate. Who cares if the race doesn't follow all the little guide lines of the race, I'm not saying it isn't following, but that is what everyone is debating. The goal should be to maximize the turnout, maximize the competition, and have everyone leave the race saying they really enjoyed the competition and are looking forward to it next year. If you don't aim to do that you'll have one main of the fastest guys for mod buggy, a few guys really eager to win stock buggy, and everyone else at home because they didn't want to deal with the drama. When that happens, you've killed the fun, killed the race, and then taken away the legitimacy of the race. Is that really what we want for the hobby?

The only idea I would like Kris to strongly consider is that some things on the track are changed before the race. Change a few jumps, corners, and whatever else. Doesn't have to be everything, just enough so that the guys who spend the next month at the track are still on their toes. It'll make it more interesting instead of having some guys who can run the track blindfolded and some guys who have never been on it before.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

Couldn't of said it better Seth!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Bottom line is ROAR has rules. Anybody can protest rules not followed. Changes made when protest is upheld.

With all due respect, Anything less then FULL compliance of ROAR rules undermines the legitimacy of the race and my membership.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What are you talking about Seth? The race is 6 weeks away. It's not rocket science to change the format in RC Scoring pro. I garantee if you took vote at the drivers meeting Saturday AM it would be overwhelming for a qual points format.

Race 3 drop 1 simple and efficient. If you want bumps add bumps but keep in mond that adds to how long it takes to run the program adding names every heat. Triple A mains are cool but could lead to a long day if you offer them for every class. Maybe just do triple A's for 2 or 3 premier classes like 2whl mod, 4whl mod and one other. Don't offer them for stock and it might encourage more to sign up for other classes.

Just some things to consider. I'm stoked that your willing to listen to constructive ideas.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohiostatechamp
Bottom line is ROAR has rules. Anybody can protest rules not followed. Changes made when protest is upheld.

With all due respect, Anything less then FULL compliance of ROAR rules undermines the legitimacy of the race and my membership.
+1
If your not going to follow ROAR rues then it's no more than a club race IMO.

I also agree with Seth about the track change. Changing the layout a month before the race doesn't exactly level the playing field for those traveling long distance.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Ah yes, good old ROAR regions. Let me share a lil fact with the follow the rules guys. A track last year tried to "follow" the rules. Y'all are arguing over the format now, but if he changes it. Then Next weekend it will be tires and the next will be batteries and the week after will be the track open with the ROAR layout for people to race on before you have a chance. Hmmm sounds like I heard all your crap before, it's because all heard all this crap last year. Here is my advice to you Kris. You will receive ZERO HELP from ROAR, it's your business, your track, your money and YOUR EVENT, you run it the way YOU want it. No matter what you do there will always be a racer quoting the RULES and telling you about protests and blah blah blah.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Sure you can argue it's a club race, but the way it's been going, there's club races with bigger entry counts than ROAR regional and even national races! Who cares about how legitimate the race is if you only get 10 entries and 10 people arguing about the rules? Do you think changing the format and dates of the race (all day Saturday race to 2 days of racing) a month before is going to increase entries and people's interest in it or hurt it? Maybe instead of being anal about the rules we should be looking at what rules to change or add to help grow ROAR races.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since when do we follow rules? I couldn't tell you the last "ROAR" race in Florida that actually followed the rules.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.