Wiki Posts
Search

Mills Pond Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Mills Pond Raceway

Just thought I'd ask. I am looking into buying a 10L3 and was wondering if there is a big turnout for the Oval track races. Not to much talk in here about that track(Mills Pond). Ans what is the setup they run. 4 cell?? 19T?? Thanks for all the help.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

I had an electric car here in Miami, I traded it for a nitro car...No local hobby shops stock a major amount of electric stuff and you have to go to coral springs to race (on road). I just got a 200mm 1/10 touring car and went to Royal palm Raceway. It was great, also some guys get togeather and bash at tropical park on sundays from like 2 to 5...

My advice is to get a nitro...also you don't have to wait for the batts to charge!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Though I did like my pro 4 very much
Old 03-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jhigga15
I had an electric car here in Miami, I traded it for a nitro car...No local hobby shops stock a major amount of electric stuff and you have to go to coral springs to race (on road). I just got a 200mm 1/10 touring car and went to Royal palm Raceway. It was great, also some guys get togeather and bash at tropical park on sundays from like 2 to 5...

My advice is to get a nitro...also you don't have to wait for the batts to charge!!!
jihhga your advice is not right for everyone.
just because you didnt want to drive to race. doesnt mean he wont. If sinisterrc wants too let him decide!

your answer sinister is yes they run 4 cell 19t every saturday evening track opens around 3pm if I am not mistaken.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

you will have to find jeff irish at the track...he is the banked oval guru and he is fast!

also i think a solid chassis car would do you better on the banked tracks...

also check out www.focars.net we have a oval series that runs once a month....
Old 03-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well I ended up buying a serpent Impact. It has an RB .15. Is this car legal to race at any of these parks. I dont want to take it to the oval, as you guys know this is more of a track car. Another question is do you guys no where I could get a manual, or atleast something that has part numbers for all the parts. So when I replace something I can have these handy. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

you can buy directly from serpant but keep in mind you bought an outdated car that hardly anyone runs anymore.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

The Oval crowd at Mills Pond is growing again. The last 3 weeks there have been four (4) classes running on the oval. 19-Turn 4-Cell is bouncing back. OVAL RACING IS NOT DEAD!