Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
FORGASS Race #6 at "The Swamp" March 12-13 >

FORGASS Race #6 at "The Swamp" March 12-13

FORGASS Race #6 at "The Swamp" March 12-13

Old 03-01-2005, 02:21 PM

Default FORGASS Race #6 at "The Swamp" March 12-13

There are very few hotels with availability! Get your reservations NOW!!!!

I found a hotel in Naples with plenty of rooms for the racers.

Spinnaker Inn Of Naples
6600 Dudley Drive
Naples, FL 34105-3850
(239) 434-0444

It's $75 per night (cheaper than anywhere else, because it's "season") and we have to mention "The Swamp"
Old 03-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Could someone expain to me why it is that when planning for the series no one in charge came to the conclusion that this was season and it would be so expensive to stay during springbreak.. This is really stupid. Who is in charge. Why; is that not important to the planners of the seasons schedule... I would say that it was not very smart. It would be like putting a race in daytona on the same weekend as bike week. It is not a problem that the hotel is $75. Its the fact that no one came to the conclusion that there is almost no availability. I may not like the hotel you pick... Just a thought and something to look at for the future. Jarrod do you have any answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2005, 05:37 PM

Raf,

There's no logical answer really. Even the FSEARA race this month had problems.. In lakeland for FORGASS it's hit or miss because of all the airplane activities they have going on up there.

There's no way we can get all of the activity of every city before doing the schedule.

Also, Naples is not going to happen in any warm months.. the very second the sun remotely goes down, the mosquitos (which are very large) eat you alive!!!