R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Florida Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing-54/)
-   -   Dirt Devils Offroad RC Club, Delray Beach (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing/586618-dirt-devils-offroad-rc-club-delray-beach.html)

bschanz 01-11-2012 07:39 PM

Dirt Devils Offroad RC Club, Delray Beach

Yup, that's right ladies and gents. There is a new track coming soon to Delray Beach for outdoor offroad r/c racing. South Florida Dirt Devils Off Road Racing club invites you to West Delray Regional Park Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 11:00am for the inaugural club meeting.

The address is: ENTRANCE: 10875 Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach, Florida 33436

Directions are: Head west on Atlantic Ave in Delray until it ends, the park is on the right. Pretty easy huh?

The club meeting will consist of open forum discussions towards classes, race times, formats, etc. Some track work will also be done. Memberships will be available for $45/yr. Membership fees will include one free race day and discounted race fees.

This track is being designed with 1/10 scale buggy and truck, 1/8th scale buggy and truck and Short Course trucks in mind...

Bring your ideas, bring a shovel, and prepare to get in on the ground floor of a great racing club built for fun, fun and more fun.

While you are at it, check these guys out:
http://www.southfloridarc.com/

You think you have fun dirt oval racing? These guys have FUN dirt oval racing at Southland Speedway. Doubt it? Ask Jeff Maturo of RCTVLIVE and Jeff's RC studio. He and the Russman traipsed all the way from Naples to Boca to race with this club. I bet they'd do it again too.

In all seriousness, the oval club is where the offroad club gets its inspiration. Check out the oval club at the same address listed above on Saturdays. Get a feel for how the club is, race once if you feel like it. Then, some on by on Sunday and lets get this offroad ball rolling.

Thank a bunch!

Ben

Hinecken 01-12-2012 07:51 PM

Can't wait. I'll do my best to put in a few hours on Sunday morning until 2ish. Already Ok'd it with the Boss Lady.

bschanz 01-13-2012 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hinecken (Post 10163515)
Can't wait. I'll do my best to put in a few hours on Sunday morning until 2ish. Already Ok'd it with the Boss Lady.

Looking forward to meeting you. I got a couple hours too.

Guys and gals. We need volunteers and club memberships. This is a good opportunity to have a racing club and track the way you want it. We are all about fun, fun, fun..... Come on down, make some friends, give some input and help a new club get off the ground.

Ben

dandrc 01-13-2012 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by bschanz (Post 10166781)
Looking forward to meeting you. I got a couple hours too.

Guys and gals. We need volunteers and club memberships. This is a good opportunity to have a racing club and track the way you want it. We are all about fun, fun, fun..... Come on down, make some friends, give some input and help a new club get off the ground.

Ben

nice job ben thanks for helping put the word out:)

bschanz 01-14-2012 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by dandrc (Post 10168069)
nice job ben thanks for helping put the word out:)

Dan, I had intentions of putting the picture of the clay mock up on this thread. Unfortunately, I cannot do it. Think you could do it for us so people can see what were are planning to create?

Again Ladies and gentlemen. I don't want to be repetitive and annoying, but this is kinda big.

If you want another offroad racing alternative to driving to Mills Pond, Coral Springs, Palm Beach Gardens and wherever else, this is your chance to have a say in the track design, club format, etc, etc.

The club is dependent on its members. The club that inspires this endeavor is the South Florida Dirt Oval club. I included a link to their site on my first post. Those guys and girls are serious about two things, everybody gets to race, and everybody has tons of fun. We are building our club with the same intent. Please join, help us get rolling. We plan on Opening weekend late February, early March.

Ben

damracecars 01-14-2012 12:11 PM

Ben, Please check with Dan (daddy-O) at the Oval Club, Not sure you can offer discount racing as the county would not let us do it. Also, It appears that The county want's to run this through the Oval Club. Best get a meeting with Daddy-O to help clarify.
Goof luck with this deal.

Uncle Mike

bschanz 01-14-2012 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by damracecars (Post 10170607)
Ben, Please check with Dan (daddy-O) at the Oval Club, Not sure you can offer discount racing as the county would not let us do it. Also, It appears that The county want's to run this through the Oval Club. Best get a meeting with Daddy-O to help clarify.
Goof luck with this deal.

Uncle Mike

I do recall the discount racing thing. Dan Dailey(dandaman) is really the one spearheading this endeavor. I am just trying to get the word out.

I am a little confused about the county's intent? To your understanding, they want the Oval Club to oversee the offroad track too? I have NO idea when I can get with Daddy-O. Hopefully Dandaman is at the track today and they chat about it.

By the way, what the heck are you doing internetting at this time of day. Shouldn't you be at the track racing?

Ben

dandrc 01-15-2012 03:34 PM

OFFROAD TRACK

hey guys you may be right on the discount racing fee thing but nothing is etched in stone.i just came up with that to encourage people to join to help fund the start up of the offroad track.and in that fee would include a free race day,and we would probably have every 3 mos what i would call MEMBERS APPRECIATION day where everyone would racing 1 class free , second class and so on for $5.but once again nothing is etched in stone .daddyo and i have a lot to work out ,we'll figure it all out and we will have a great off road track to match the already awsome dirt oval. i want to thank everyone who came out to help with the disassembling of old drivers stand today.everyone seemed to work well together ,that was awsome .this is what will make a great club.we were able to move 3 10 ft. sections,and ther's about 10 more left plus the ramp.cant do much on track to the park moves the clay and brings more gravel,but if we get the rest of driver stand we can make benches or other things out of some of the lumber from old stand. i'd like to try to form a crew for next saturday or sunday if possible ,please let me know if we can get together mabee we can get another 3 sections.thanx again guys.:nod:

Hinecken 01-15-2012 05:51 PM

Great meeting everyone today. Judging by the way we were all able to work together this is going to be a great track! I think we got off to a great start and if we can keep up the momentum it will be done before you know it.

Jamiez 01-15-2012 09:39 PM

Delray Track

Rich and I stayed and roped the Delray off road track lay out. This track looks incredible. I agree, the members are turning out, and the comradery is there.

dandrc 01-17-2012 11:43 AM

Haven't seen it yet.to late by the time I get off work and drive over to park the gate will prob.be closed.

Hinecken 01-21-2012 07:26 AM

We'll be working on moving some more of the driver stand tomorrow, 1/22. We need as many bodies to help as we can get. The more the merrier. Meeting at the old track in Boca at 9am. Come help out for a great cause. DO IT!

stm99 01-21-2012 04:48 PM

i'll help

i'll be there tomorrow with my uncle dan to help, but im only 12 years old but i can do something instead of sittin there posing for animal crackers.:ha:because anything i can do to help get this track going faster will work because i want too run offroad soo bad.:nod:

dandrc 01-22-2012 04:25 PM

driver stand

well we removed 2 more sections of the old driver stand today.next wkend i'd like to try to get 2 or more if possible.then the next thing would be to start erecting the new stand.anyone willing to volunteer a little time lmk.we mainly need help loading and unloading which would take little time.anyone with a trailer would be a big help then we could haul an extra section.these section are 10 foot long. taking them apart has gotten easy after taking 5 of them.a little muscle would go a long way.thanx hineken,slikrick and sparechangeracer for helping today.:nod:

dandrc 01-22-2012 04:28 PM

member id cards

i went to staples today and ordered cards for membership id.