Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Dirt Devils Offroad RC Club, Delray Beach >

Dirt Devils Offroad RC Club, Delray Beach

Dirt Devils Offroad RC Club, Delray Beach

Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hinecken
That's what it's all about man! Good people having a great time and helping each other out! That was/is our entire foundation for this club. Glad to see that others share our sentiment. This weekend is going to kick a$$
No doubt!! See you Sunday...
Old 05-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

OK guys lets start doing the anti-rain dance starting today. I understand it needs to be done 2X a day to be effective.

Rick
Old 05-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

No worries, this weekend is going to be great... I made a call.. You guys can thank me later
Old 05-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChrisIso
No worries, this weekend is going to be great... I made a call.. You guys can thank me later
Good lookin out buddy. I'll grill you up a brat for your troubles
Old 05-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got my fingers crossed for some descent weather.but at this point I just want to run .don't care if I have to pressure wash my shit to get the mud off.hey mabee we can change the name mud devils and hold mud bog races instead.or not,that's just me f..n frustrated.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

air-boat series with the oval club
Old 05-24-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

^^ Nice

Ok, I wanna know who didn't anti-ran dance this morning? If catch that person I'm going to have their head!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Welcome to the "Sunshine" state where it can rain a few city blocks away and be sunny where you are.

Good thing about the track is it seems to drain water pretty good. If it rains up until Friday I think we are going to be OK, however if it rains a lot on Saturday, that might be the kicker if we are able to run Sunday.

The airboat idea sounds good or maybe a waterproof Traxxas with big huge tires?

I can't dance worth a hill of beans, never could, its up to you guys who can dance to get outside, look up, scream/shout and dance your legs off!!!
When they ask you at work what you are doing, tell them, I'm sure they will understand.

Rick
Old 05-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Just to make a friendly observation... It seems in Fla, the more you talk about rain, the more chance you have of it raining.. We try to just not talk about it.. and it will go away ...
Old 05-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hinecken
Revised Track Schedule:

Sunday, May 27th, we'll be hosting a formal practice session.

9am - 4pm

We will have our lap counting system in place as well and a generator for charging up batteries. All AMB/Mylaps transponders will work.
  • Cost is $10 per person, ROAR membership required.
  • ROAR memberships will be available track-side, as well as Dirt Devils club memberships.

With enough vehicles, we would like to run some informal races to test out the lap counting software and get more familiar with it. This is your chance to see how your set up works on the track with actual recorded lap times before our rescheduled home opener on the 3rd of June.

Dan will be bringing a gas grill so everyone can cook up some hot lunch. If you're interested, bring some food to throw on it and toss Dan a couple bucks for the gas.

A note on tire selection: This track is soft and loose (my personal favorite, old school racers will appreciate it). With a little drizzle, it packs down pretty good but is still soft on the surface. This track likes Pins and Studs. Any tread pattern that is too tight will pack up with clay quickly and you'll soon be running slicks. I tried calibers on my stadium truck and it was like ice-skating around the track. Double D's hooked up ok when the track was dry, but when it was damp they packed up with clay almost instantly and all traction was lost. For the front end, Carvers seem to give me the best turning. Tried pins up front, tight ribs, and Carvers. Carvers worked best for me. This info only applies to 2wd open-wheel vehicles. You 4x guys and short course drivers are on your own

Alcohol is not permitted on park grounds. If you're caught by a Ranger, you're on your own. Yesterday someone was nice enough to leave a dozen beer bottles laying around after they left. Unacceptable, the club catches all the heat from this and we certainly don't need it. Clean up after yourselves and respect the track if you want to keep it public. If not, the park will fence it off and it will only be usable during club events. I don't want that, neither does anyone else I'm sure.
just a bump to keep the info fresh.

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Just to make a friendly observation... It seems in Fla, the more you talk about rain, the more chance you have of it raining.. We try to just not talk about it.. and it will go away ...
I shall give your "ignore it and it will go away" theory my most valiant attempt.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone know where to get some racing ducks?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

what, didnt the county provide yall with them?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Ya but don't want to Chase them down.gettin too old for that.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

I have found as being a native Floridian if you dont like the weather forcast then just switch channels on the tv it will be different from station to station.
We try to race every saturday and try not to call it untill race time. Sometimes we win and sometimes not.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Went to track made a few veins to drain water,look good just needs a day of sunshine and a little manual labor on Saturday afternoon I'll be going out to do some repairs for Sunday practice race. Oval is a mini lake but if we have a full day of sunshine it may be ok with a little pumping on Saturday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.