Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
would the tampa bay area support a real indoor offroad track??? >

would the tampa bay area support a real indoor offroad track???

would the tampa bay area support a real indoor offroad track???

Old 10-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Default would the tampa bay area support a real indoor offroad track???

Just trying to gauge interest in it??? Im really tired of all these half assed attempts at running tracks in this area, im talking about an actual indoor offroad dirt track, not carpet , let me know what u think guys
Old 10-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm not sure dissing other tracks is a good way to gain support on a new track.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Its not a diss, its the absolute truth!!! Are u happy with the current tracks in this area and how they are ran??? If u are, cool, i am not though and im ready to do something about it!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

indoor offroad carpet and indoor offroad dirt is like comparing apples to oranges.

The amount of work to build a indoor offroad carpet track, isn't half ***
Old 10-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

I
Originally Posted by tmail55
indoor offroad carpet and indoor offroad dirt is like comparing apples to oranges.

The amount of work to build a indoor offroad carpet track, isn't half ***
I agree, carpet is def easier, but im not talking about easier!!!! Im talking about building a
Top shelf, nationals level indoor coarse, but im not so sure thers a demand for it here, seems like everone around here loves the onroad cars and dirt oval, thats why im putting this out here, not so much to put anyone down
Old 10-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Run a good program and do good business, make it a shop and a track. That would be good for the area.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx
Just trying to gauge interest in it??? Im really tired of all these half assed attempts at running tracks in this area, im talking about an actual indoor offroad dirt track, not carpet , let me know what u think guys
I sure would....We need it in the area bad!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

I
I agree, carpet is def easier, but im not talking about easier!!!! Im talking about building a
Top shelf, nationals level indoor coarse, but im not so sure thers a demand for it here, seems like everone around here loves the onroad cars and dirt oval, thats why im putting this out here, not so much to put anyone down
There is a ton of RC racers in this area...Lake park is a great example, Losi and Jconcepts have had several national events there for years...Build and we will come and support!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you build a quality track that is run well people will race it as long as you don't compete against an existing track.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
If you build a quality track that is run well people will race it as long as you don't compete against an existing track.
Members of a track get out of it what they put into it...competing with local track is fine as long as its done for the good of the hobby and is kept ethical
Old 10-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damnit Man
I'm not sure dissing other tracks is a good way to gain support on a new track.
I agree
Old 10-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I agree
In all honesty this area does lack an indoor dirt track...
Old 10-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

I really feel we lack tracks period!!!! Even when lake park isnt underwater its geared more towards 1/8 scale, i do however love yupers, really good guys out there, they do everything in there power to make sure the track is good. But as with anything outdoors in fl ur at the mercy of the weather.so im thinkn this is the answer, we would def have a speed shop, along with plenty of pit areas, now just need some opinions on were to put it. South tampa, st pete, clearwater, maby by the airport??? Everyone chime in please lol
Old 10-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

this is a great example of a real indoor track...this is what we need in Tampa...I think it would do awesome here..just my 2 cents

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ppu3N1pytA
Old 10-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I really feel we lack tracks period!!!! Even when lake park isnt underwater its geared more towards 1/8 scale, i do however love yupers, really good guys out there, they do everything in there power to make sure the track is good. But as with anything outdoors in fl ur at the mercy of the weather.so im thinkn this is the answer, we would def have a speed shop, along with plenty of pit areas, now just need some opinions on were to put it. South tampa, st pete, clearwater, maby by the airport??? Everyone chime in please lol
Clearwater would be nice, for selfish reasons, but good luck dealing with this city

Any of the places you mentioned, would still be ideal. Just do it legit, so u wont have to worry about getting shut down. Because that has happened(rcasylum). I hope it works out. We need it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.