Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Florida RC Track Insurance? >

Florida RC Track Insurance?

Florida RC Track Insurance?

Old 10-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Default Florida RC Track Insurance?

I'm looking for some help from fellow tracks here in florida. I've been trying to get some quotes for liability insurance on a track in the pan handle of florida. I've had quotes from $500.yr to $1900.00 yr. Aside from roar, what other insurance companies can you all suggest. If you have a phone number and contact number that would be great.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowlife88
I'm looking for some help from fellow tracks here in florida. I've been trying to get some quotes for liability insurance on a track in the pan handle of florida. I've had quotes from $500.yr to $1900.00 yr. Aside from roar, what other insurance companies can you all suggest. If you have a phone number and contact number that would be great.
Thanks in advance for any help!
I would stick with roar
Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

I've looked into roar but it only covers drivers with the membership, the track with the membership but nothing for spectators or drivers who just happen to be passing through. I need insurance that covers anyone who steps onto the property. Like I said before, I've already gotten some quotes, I was just curious to see what others were using.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowlife88
I've looked into roar but it only covers drivers with the membership, the track with the membership but nothing for spectators or drivers who just happen to be passing through. I need insurance that covers anyone who steps onto the property. Like I said before, I've already gotten some quotes, I was just curious to see what others were using.
When you join ROAr you get a packet in the mail. In that packet is a chance to get extra insurance for $67.00 for the year. It's thru the McGowan Agency I believe.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

correct me if im wrong, but i thought roar insurance was only covered during a roar event at a track and not for regular weekend races
Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glitch48
correct me if im wrong, but i thought roar insurance was only covered during a roar event at a track and not for regular weekend races
As long as ALL RACERS and pit persons are ROAR members any race you have is covered.

If any racer or pit person is NOT a ROAR member ,you have no coverage .

It is the least cost for the coverage you get.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

The only problem I have with that is it doesn't cover spectators or drivers that aren't a ROAR member. I need coverage that guarantee's coverage for anyone that steps on the property. Of coarse we'll have a fence around all tracks but accidents still can happen. It doesn't even have to be race related. What I have found with the numerous insurance companies is there's no money in insuring a rc track. At first I thought it was because of hurricanes but an agent finally told me yesturday there's no money in it so no one wants to touch it. There has to be insurance companies that will insure something like this with out charging a arm and a leg. I mean in 22 years of racing I've seen only a hand full of accidents and only one of them required a hospital visit.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

welcome to the wonderful world of track owner ship. people dont understand what it is like to try and get insurance for an r/c track. also REALLY LOOK into roar, it is a secondary insurance. if someone gets hurt they will make u use your liability insurance first then roar kicks in. i will get u the name of our insurance company, but we pay $4,896.00 a year. that includes fire , theft and liability. dont let anyone bs u, go with the best insurance u can get. we carry $2,000,000 liability. hope it works out for u. NEWRED HOBBIES
Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

WOW!!!! That's extremely high. Even the agent that insures RC Pro Series was only around $1900.00 a year. The new agent I'm dealing with has me around $835.00 a year with 1,000,000.00 general aggregate, 1,000,000.00 each occurance, 1,000,000.00 personal injury and advertising injury, 100,000.00 fire damage liability, $5,000.00 medical payments. I thought this was pretty good as far as coverage.