Search
Like Tree2Likes

Jeff's RC Studio in Ft. Myers Florida.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CFowler
What motors are used for 12th scale ? Brushed? How many turns? Lipo?
Mr. Fowler! We are leaving 12th scale open....run what you can handle. Since there are not many neophytes in 12th scale, we figure that should keep things simple.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Default 12th scale LIPO

Originally Posted by RCTVLIVE
Mr. Fowler! We are leaving 12th scale open....run what you can handle. Since there are not many neophytes in 12th scale, we figure that should keep things simple.
ONE CELL LIPO...
Old 10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Tentative Rules.

Oval classes:

Sprint car: Open motor, 2 cell lipo open rubber tire.

Touring oval: 17.5 motor any ESC and spec tires. No left side battery chassis like that of the Tc3. 99% of touring cars made today are right side battery placement. No aftermarket chassis’ allowed. Shock towers and chassis must be OEM.

Tamiya M Chassis: Any M chassis Tamiya mini. Stock Tamiya ESC and Silver motor. Lipo or Nimh. Open rubber tire. NO TOURING CAR TIRES ALLOWED. Ball bearings and Tamiya hop ups ok.

Pan Car: One cell lipo, open motor, esc and tires. Wing optional.

Short Course Truck: Box Stock

Short Course Truck Pro: Open

On Road Classes:

Tamiya M Chassis: Any M chassis Tamiya mini. Stock Tamiya ESC and Silver motor. Lipo or Nimh. Open rubber tire. NO TOURING CAR TIRES ALLOWED. Ball bearings and Tamiya hop ups ok.

Touring 17.5: Spec tires, open ESC and 2 cell lipo.

1/12th scale: Open esc, motor and tires. One cell lipo.

World GT: One cell lipo, 13.5 motor open ESC. Open tires.

F1: Rubber or foam tire, 2 cell lipo, silver can brushed motor. Open ESC.

Off Road Classes:

Short Course truck: box stock

Short Course truck: open

2-wheel Drive Buggy: 17.5 motor, 2 cell lipo, open ESC, open rubber tires.

2-wheel Drive Truck: 17.5 motor, 2 cell lipo, open ESC, open rubber tires.

4-wheel Drive Truck/Buggy: 13.5 motor, 2 cell lipo, open ESC, open rubber tires.

Monster Truck: Any traxxas stampede, HPI’s duratrax or other brand truck with monster type tires and suspension. Open ESC, motor and rubber tires.

Last edited by RCTVLIVE; 10-07-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good and fair call on F1 class,looking forward
Old 10-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kmichael
Good and fair call on F1 class,looking forward
That is how I roll......
Old 10-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

wondering about onroad 17.5 touring class where you say spec tire, does that rubber tire possibly have a name ? like solaris or sweep or cs27 or have you just not decided yet ?
Old 10-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

By not allowing tc3/4s you are eliminating a popular car that would allow people to race without having to buy a new car. There is a reason ae still sells a rtr tc4.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 427 COBRA
wondering about onroad 17.5 touring class where you say spec tire, does that rubber tire possibly have a name ? like solaris or sweep or cs27 or have you just not decided yet ?
Yes it is Solaris........we will have them on hand.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by saltygator
By not allowing tc3/4s you are eliminating a popular car that would allow people to race without having to buy a new car. There is a reason ae still sells a rtr tc4.
It was a hard decision but I decided it would leave out to many sedan racers that want to race oval but would not do so because they were at a disadvantage from the onset. You are right there is a reason AE still sells the RTR Tc4 but oval is not the reason. I also have a Tc3 and love it but we have to give everyone a fair chance with the rules.

If nothing else I want racers to come and leave knowing they won or lost on their own merit not because someone had an advantage or cheated. Cheating has been going on for to long in RC and for once I am in a position to do something about it. If we start on a level playing field the class will only grow. Thanks for your comment.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

I will say this. I have been in this hobby since 1979 and have lived through the many changes in that time. I have also interacted with many types of people and know I will never be able to make everyone happy. I can however provide a clean, state of the art, fun facility where there is a level playing field and drivers will be able to test their skills week in and week out. Our television program continues to grow and we are very excited at the prospect of filming product at our own track. I will do my best to make Jeff's RC Studio a great experience and look forward to seeing everyone track side. We are not re inventing the wheel but there will be some very UNIQUE happenings at this track that you won't find anywhere else. Jeff

Look for races from Tamiya, HPI, Traxxas and Xray in the near future.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCTVLIVE
I will say this. I have been in this hobby since 1979 and have lived through the many changes in that time. I have also interacted with many types of people and know I will never be able to make everyone happy. I can however provide a clean, state of the art, fun facility where there is a level playing field and drivers will be able to test their skills week in and week out. Our television program continues to grow and we are very excited at the prospect of filming product at our own track. I will do my best to make Jeff's RC Studio a great experience and look forward to seeing everyone track side. We are not re inventing the wheel but there will be some very UNIQUE happenings at this track that you won't find anywhere else. Jeff

Look for races from Tamiya, HPI, Traxxas and Xray in the near future.
Couldn't agree with you more Jeff!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hello Jeff,

While I agree with most of the rules, there is one area I believe should be more defined. Open ESC. Open by means of model and make, good. But if you mean boost and timing, then everyone will want the most expensive makes out there to get those features. I know that I cannot afford those high $$$ ESC's as I'd rather run more than one car vs. one costing $1,000.00 lol.. I'll be racing low $$$ everything in more than one class; and I am hoping others will agree so those of us with small wallets can have a fair chance.

No disrespect, just saying ESC programming can make a BIG difference.

One more thing, Has it been 14 days yet? LOL, can't wait!!! Any open dates, or sneak peaks????
Old 10-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hunts3lehigh
Hello Jeff,

While I agree with most of the rules, there is one area I believe should be more defined. Open ESC. Open by means of model and make, good. But if you mean boost and timing, then everyone will want the most expensive makes out there to get those features. I know that I cannot afford those high $$$ ESC's as I'd rather run more than one car vs. one costing $1,000.00 lol.. I'll be racing low $$$ everything in more than one class; and I am hoping others will agree so those of us with small wallets can have a fair chance.
I think Jeff is saying - Open ESC are any Novak, Tekin, Castle, Duratrax.
Most new programable ECS start out at $100.00 to $235.00
I'm running a Castle Mamba Pro $128.00.
Come see me and I will be happy to help program your Castle ESC on my laptop.

Progamming cards are about $30.00 so you don't need a computer.

The track size is about the same size as Snowbirds Nationals.
About 80 foot straghtaways so there is no need for alot of ESC timing.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I don't get not allowing a certain make of car.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Track

Is the track open ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.