Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minnreg Carpet Weekend July 23rd / 24th

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just to make it easier I'm converting my F1 to run rubber tiresSo what exactly are the Legends rules (any tires=what motor and battery and gear ratio). I might have to try to borrow one to run.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

from mikes hobbytalk post

LEGENDS guys - we are sticking with basic box stock chassis rules but are opening up motors and batterys and tires. PHS runs spec 4cell, Quaker runs 6cell, some guys want brushless, some want spec tires, some don't. So for this race we will have FUN for SURE!!!!!!! Run what ya brung!!!!!! What will win???

i would think that "basic box stock chassis rules" would make the gear the stock 81 with a 21 or 22
Old 07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

opening up the motor rules for Legend is going to cut out at least 4 of us. The whole idea of this class was to keep the cars the same, down to the tires. Why would you open it up to whatever motor, battery and tire? isnt that the WGT class?

We run brushed spec motors at Quaker Steak every Monday and the racing is great. Im not buying another motor to run in this car for one race...if the motor option is opened up to brushless then everyone will be running brushless. Will be fun to watch but I wont be participating. Seems counterproductive to have $150+ worth of electronics in a $100 car.

Maybe some tracks allow these open spec's, just seems silly to me. no biggie
Old 07-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

giltch I read those rules and I also saw they adopted some others. I could not find the others. That's why I asked. Legends with a spec silver can motor? 4cell and what type. the group in orlando run 4 cell up to 2400's.they also run the legends spec tires. Why would I want to run a 4 cell against a 6 cell? Or a brushless motor?
Old 07-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by scotty-j
opening up the motor rules for Legend is going to cut out at least 4 of us. The whole idea of this class was to keep the cars the same, down to the tires. Why would you open it up to whatever motor, battery and tire? isnt that the WGT class?
the only thing i can say to that is the legend rule book is 20+ years old and it might be time for a update. i dont know what is in boylans head but this could be more of a open test to see what works to get that updated book and for the birds
Old 07-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Guess I'll be out for the Legends class. It seems the only difference between the running group is 4 cell or 6 cell. So why not come to terms on a battery and leave it at that? Running a legends car boosted and brushless seems silly. Sucks cause I was looking forward to carpet oval, and running them on the onraod layout sunday.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

The rules for Legends was tough as we have a few places now running them and all with different rules with motor/battery/tires. Not sure we can make a rule to work for everyone except opening them up. If we can get 2 groups to race maybe that can work. How many from Quaker are planning on racing? I wouldn't mind seeing a couple heats and using the rules from Quaker. Just need a head count. Trust me we will work on this to have a great race for all at Minnreg!
- Spec Legends (Quaker rules - someone please post them)
- Outlaw Legends (Open tire / motor / battery)
Heck we can space them out and guys can race both maybe?

Whole bunch of awards are now ordered! The race is officially called the:
"FCC Dog Days of Summer"

http://www2.wagt.com/mgmedia/image/2...mmer-come-fro/
Old 07-12-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Champion

Glitch -if you'll go to www.rjspeed.com you will see the legends rules have been updated. They run 4 cells fixed gear ratio (21/22 x 81) and spec tires. They have a spec motor also.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Short Version of Quaker Steak rules

Duratrax Photon Speed 2 silver can non rebuildable motor
Spec kit or BSR tires (Must have yellow or purple line)
6 cell (round cell) 1800 mAh Nicd or Nimh battery (any plug)
ESC - Open (cannot be timing advance capable)
Bushings only
RJ Speed Legends body (coupe or sedan)

*If you have to ask if it is legal to do to your car, chances are its not!
these are box stock, SPEC racing cars made to be equal in every aspect.
Random Tech will be done to make sure all rules are being followed and will be strictly enforced.

Actual Post

http://www.rctech.net/forum/9067331-post186.html
Old 07-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mike,
I see that the entry fee is $40/unlimited classes both days. What if your only running one class one day, same entry cost?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Glitch -if you'll go to www.rjspeed.com you will see the legends rules have been updated. They run 4 cells fixed gear ratio (21/22 x 81) and spec tires. They have a spec motor also.
That has been the battery rule for 20 years.... Remember the first yellow wrapped 1400 (I think they were 1400)
Old 07-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Cool to see all the Legend interest! Ordered awards for Outlaw and Spec Legends both days. Spec is Quaker Steak rules. Outlaw as it was. Have fun!

Yes we normally charge 40 and used to charge 20 for second... so trying to help as much as we can and still pay rent for the weekend.

Thanks guys!
Mike
Old 07-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Legends has always been 4 cell. Count me out not going to 6 cells.The legends rules have been the same forever (since 1995). Rick upgraded them to include the different (cheap) motor and batteries and his three piece frontend.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

what would be wrong with picking out a new 1 cell lipo pack (smc 3.7V 4000mAh 25C) a spec brushless motor (trinity monster lock 17.5) and a non boosted esc (novak GTB 2 Sportsman ESC) all these still keeps a spec class and updates the cars to new technology.... and these are just examples and as far as cost about 200 for the people who have none of these... and i know that most oval and road racers have atleast 1 of these items if not more

i think that it would bring new life into this old class
Old 07-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

My answer is do what you want- I'm not racing that class period.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.