SFEAR - FSEARA Old Timers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFEAR - FSEARA Old Timers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

tim thats not nice esspecially when I am trying to be nice on here!

give me some stickers and I will let you use my setup for that Mi2!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

hey paul just bring out the p12 spyder I'll bring out an old 12l and my my p12 also just to display ! I even actually run the p12 spyder with you for fun. Just need fresh rubber the old trc's on it are dry rotted!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ahh Hector, I would prefer to run my own setup. Really does matter what setup I have, you will still hack me at some point.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:11 AM
Suspended

I'll be down in Florida from Nov 20-26, and I'm definitely going to dig through all of the old stuff. I'll let everyone know what I find.

I'll be sure to look for pictures and any old State series documentation too.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

THANKS !!!!! Will you be out to Coral Springs ?

Hector, Delete some of your PM's you mailbox is full
Old 11-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Suspended

No, won't get down to Ft. Lauderdale unfortunately. I'll be between Clearwater and Gainesville while I'm down there.

I plan to check out Speedline while I'm down, though.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

if you werent so slow!

try pm again just emptied the box!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:17 AM
PMK
Tech Apprentice

Hector, the P12 is better left as a static display. I have a ton of spares but don't plan to run it.

If you guys are serious about the decals...what ones do you want me to have Tim reproduce? I have some full uncut SFEAR sheets, KRP / Flying Penguin Hobbies, composite craft, partial sheet of Red Lobster Classic, McAllister Team Hammer, Delta, Parma, Novak, Futaba, plus many more. Ask and I'll look.

PK

Also Jeanne thinks somewhere in the stuff she saved over the years, she has club photos, state race photos, and god only knows what else. Could be some vintage revup mags and she thought maybe old entry lists from when she organized the SFEAR hosted state races. I never grow tired of how she amazes me by finding this old stuff, hopefully she's right and can locate it.

Last edited by PMK; 11-11-2004 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've got a full sheet of the red lobster classic decals. Anyone ever hear from Norman - wasn't he the flying Penguin ? Are you going to try and come up to the super region race at Robbies in december?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

paul go over to mdi make steve an offer on that 12l4 it has been there for awhile!
If not order it over the net.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Paul, I got that Race newsletter from Steve, thanks.... That is exactly the kinda stuff I am looking for. If I can find more of htose, I can rebuild the points from previous years and post them on the FSEARA site as an archive.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:54 AM
PMK
Tech Apprentice

Tim
As for more stuff like that, Jeanne is the one that needs to search for it. I suspect that with the house almost ready to be placed in a frenzy with her decorating for Christmas soon, she will uncover any stuff stored she might have. With some luck you might get some stuff from the years 85 thru 89, be patient and time will tell.

That flyer was probably one of my last if not the last electric state race I attended. 1989 if I remember correct was a big shake up year. Up until then the batteries were SC1200 (yellows) or SCR's (red), 1989 saw the 1700's come out. With the new kid at the time, I opted out and raced 1/8 for a while. It may have also been the year I did a partial term as a Roar regional 1/12 rep.

If you look close at the first page or two, that may have been the states first year with 1/10 as an official class, it says something about Bill Fraden being some promo rep or something.

Hector I need to get some info from you, send me a PM about what works well at Coral Springs for tires and such, in other words bring me up to 2005 technology. Maybe I should get a different chassis than a 12l4, any thoughts? I was toying with going all Orion stuff and use the old PCM and Tekin to run it for now. Send a PM as I don't want to dillute this discussion.

BTW his price for the roller seems fair, but as you know it takes more than a chassis to go racing. I have seen them for less but not enough to go some where else. He's 1 minute by car and five walking, kinda handy to have nearby.

PK
Old 11-30-2004, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Going back alittle- I found my new SFEAR tee shirt . I'll have it at the region race this weekend .Got afew other old(new) tee shirts- they have been in the closet for years.
Bill
Old 12-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i still have the two trc composit craft cars and the state race trophys behide them boy do i miss those days i even got the same astro prower supply i use today

gary tuttle
team wfo
Old 12-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

I got a bunch of old newsletters and stuff from Bill Fraden today, I wil be posting it on the FSEARA site in the next month or so. What I really would ike to get my hands on are the first newsletters of each year, as they have the point totals for the proceeding year....

Thanks Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.