SFEAR - FSEARA Old Timers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFEAR - FSEARA Old Timers!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Suspended

With all the storms blowing through down there, do you remember Bryan Norcross (when he was still with Channel 10) coming to TY Park to do Neighborhood Weather?

He came out on Friday during the practice day. I believe it was around September/October of 1989.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mike I dont remember that but i remember Frank Forte comming to a big dirt oval race at Salem's and interviewing some people for chanel 10

Robert Bowser
Old 09-30-2004, 06:53 AM
Suspended

Speaking of newspeople, on your CBS network down there is a newswoman named Susan Barnett. She's been on here in Pittsburgh for the last several years, but moved down to South Fla because she's getting married.

OK, back to the racing stuff.

Remember Robert Charlton? Paul and Jeanne Knudsen? The Original Dr. D?
Old 09-30-2004, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey McSmooth,Donnie here,i would like to get ahold of some of those stickers,That should get some talk going around here!
Reading about the old days remember Red Line Motors (Kinson still has one).Team Pit Stop- Radical Duke (who always went missing at a race).The State race (Off-Road) at Tampa that Harkey ran in the dark,Paul Wynn had some GREAT lap times at that one & who can forget the D.S. race at the On-Road State race in the Sam's club parking lot (we had to beg the Dir. to let us run on sunday),Plus all the gang at each club race.Sniff,I miss it.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

I saw mike bush about 5 years ago in south dade working for a company that marks underground utilitys before anyone breaks ground opening a hole and busting a gas line or phone etc!!! he said he had the formula but most of the equipment blew away with hurricane andrew.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:45 AM
Suspended

Donnie - when I get a hold of the stickers, I'll let everyone know. As Hector said, it would be cool if they're the old neon pink and/or green ones!

I remember the DS "hackfest" races too. How often do you get the chance to run over Jason Ruona and have him laugh about it?

Hector - Good to hear Mike Bush is doing we;; But do you remember the ORIGINAL Dr. D? His name was Dave Forte, and would work part time at RC Hobbies up in Tamarac. He's the guy that sold me my first RC12i from that store. It's all HIS fault!

Old 10-12-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah I remember him.
The first 12 scale I got was at orange blosom hobbies and ray schnieder sold it to me. 1986, which by the way he works for serpent usa and art does also!
Old 10-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey McSmooth:
While looking thru my RC stuff looking for the old Team Smooth decals I found something else. A Team Letter (April22,1992) announcing two new companies we could get stuff from- Competition Electronics and Tekin.I still could not find the old decals.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:00 AM
Suspended

Bill,

Yep, we had a deal with those guys to get discounts for team drivers. I still use a couple Tekins from the old days!

I spoke with my dad the other night, and he's got the decals and one of the old banners. The wife and I will be driving to Fla the week from Nov 20-26 for Thanksgiving. I'll take a look at the stash there and let everyone know. I can them get them out in the mail.

He's also found a bunch of other neat old stuff. Unpainted car bodies, chargers, etc. I'll probably take inventory and ask if anyone is interested in it.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

I want some smooth decals.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Someone get me an original, and I can make some
Old 10-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Suspended

Talking

Everybody get on board! Decals galore!
Old 10-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I actually have some Smooth decals..back in the day when I ran for Redline and Smooth..I raced a few races with a kid named Manny llorente...he had to overcome some major physical handicaps but boy that kid was FAST!!!!

Hey Malin, I'll have some Smooth stickers with me at RPM..your favorite color too!!!! PINK!!!!! LOL!!!!

I even have some old business cards too!!!!

YAYOO!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 10:20 AM
Suspended

I have a couple old t-shirts and jackets packed away somewhere.

That late 80's style should be quite fashionable these days. Now I just need some acid wash Cavaricci jeans and a wrap-around belt.

Old 10-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

mike most of us will be in cleveland!

I'd like some stickers especially the sfear ones!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.