Search

2005 FSEARA Suggestions * NEW *

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Post 2005 FSEARA Suggestions

Hey everyone,

with all the grumbling that has been going on regarding FSEARA, I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread so that the "RACERS" who participate in the series can voice their opinions and/or suggestions as to how FSEARA can be improved for the upcoming season.

Take it away guys........

Last edited by TeamButter; 08-27-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I say we go to 6 races with 2 drops or even 5 with 1 drop.

I like a limit on how many tires but IT MUST BE PROPERLY POLICED not like this past weekend where you had to check them in but no one was keeping track of how many you checked in.

Stop giving races to tracks that don't exsist only run at established tracks. We've already had 2 races change venue this year and we still are not sure what will happen with RPM.

My last idea for now is we go back to hand out motors in stock and maybe 19 turn like we use to do. You mark the can and arm and you tech the winners of the class. If you turn the motor in at the end of the weekend you can use them again at the next race if you take it home that motor is disqualified. Only allow a max of 2 motors per person per race. The series could make money from this and the motors would be cheaper to racers than at the Hobby shops but the hobby shops wont suffer cause the series would only sell the limit to racers NO SELLING EXTRAS FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE HOME.

I know theese ideas will take more work than what we are doing now but i think this could improve our series

Thank you
Rolando Cusine
Old 08-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

wow somebody actually suggested going back to what the series used to do for 20 years.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Well John I know theese things would take a little extra effort but I think i wouldn't hurt to try
Old 08-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank you for your suggestions Roly. Now, BAJA CUELLO!!!!

Keep them coming guys. it is the input from the racers that will help shape FSEARA for 2005 and beyond.

I agree with Roly that something has got to be done with the tire tech. I realize that we now are running on 2 sets for thw whole weekend. The past 2 races or since the tire rule went into effect have been a laughing stock with regards to tech. Sure tires were marked, but you could bring 20 sets and have them marked and no one would know. If the tire rule is going to be enforced then we have to take the steps necessary to enforce them seriously and across the board.

Tire tech will also, in my opinion give the state series more of a "Big Race" feel. Many of those who have been around long enough have seen entries decline form close to 200 during pan car days to as low as 50 or 60 now. Reducing the number of races would also go far in aiding this cause...

Maybe 7 with 2 drops or 6 with 1.....

In any event let's continue to share our thoughts so that we can come to a better agreement as a "CLUB"

Thank you for your time.

I remain President and C.E.O of
TEAMBUTTER!

Mike A
Old 08-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

i'm not going to ruin your thread..it's a great thread...

i will say roly you gave great sugestions...

i promise not to add anything else..unless asked first.. good idea guys!
Old 08-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

START ENFORCING TURN MARSHALLING!!!!!

AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE THERE BEFORE THE START OF THE NEXT RACE!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Can we decide on a set of rules and/or guidelines and follow them the way they are presented so there are no surprises at the race.

for example running the "A" mains first or last or in the order they were originally run in qualifying. I personally was in a panic, at Full Throttle, because I heard the "A" mains were gonna run first because of the rain coming and i wasnt ready to run. Apparently just a rumor!!!!!

Little things like that, there are a lot of them, would help things run a little smoother.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Make P-Dub run on THREE tires!!!!!hahahahahah
Old 08-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

I really belive that less races will give theese races a big race feel and will make it more affordable. Another idea would be to outlaw friday practice i've heard people for years complain that they have to work fridays and don't feel they can be competative with only Saturday morning practice. This would also make it cheaper since you'd only need one night of Hotel stay.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

roly friday practice was voted on before. and it stayed as is.

as far as handouts it would not be a good Idea and is the reason we did away with them because people werent wanting to buy the handout motor if they werent following the series. There is nothing wrong with the run what you want formula we all would know if someone was cheating.

As far as the tires I am not saying names but I have seen two racers run more then thier allowable 2 sets of tires. I didnt say anything because someone would say " do you have proof" which is what the officials would claim.

why fix what we have when its working.
the amount of races should go back down to what we had 8 with 2 t/outs or 7 with 2 would be ok and take into consideration when scheduling a race not to be in july or agust!
Old 08-28-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

OK,

Maybe we can discuss the tracks that we race at too. Below is alist of tracks, that we would like to/can... race at next year, get some feedback from the racers about the tracks we run the series at.

Tracks we raced with this year, and hope to race with next year !

1. Speedline. This one is a no-brainer, No disrespect to the other tracks, but Joe puts on the best show in the state.

2. Superior. another no brainer, Robby and crew have been supporting the series for many many years, and they always put on a good show.

3. TQ. Poppy and crew put on a good show, the track is on the small side, but is always a decent race ! Poppy always supports the series

4. Speedzone ( Coral Spings ) this will be the third year on the series for CS, have to admit the last race was not spectacular, but then again there were alot of issues. Tracks is very nice, and is a more open layout

5. Jacks. I have to say, Jacks was a good new stop on the series. The track is a medium/smallish tracks, but the surface was nice, and Jacks put on a nice show. For those of you that pitted instide , I am sure you would like to go back !!!!!

6. FTS. Awesome track. Pretty open for electic cars, Jorge saw some incredible situations this year, and it is a testament to him that we even raced there.

7. RPM, jsut don't know the real situation with this track. It is a fantastic location for sure.

Tracks we did not race with this year.

1. Minnreg, I hope at some time in the future we can get Minnreg back on the schedule. The always havea good show, and they run a tight race.

2. TNT, Looks like Pete is putting togther a great place. I think this would be a worthy addition to the series.

3. Stricklands. Looks like ag reat surface, have not raceed there myself, but I read that the promotors for that track have changed around alittle, and if MB Racing is promting, then that would be awesome, as Mike has done FSEARA races for years, and always puts on a good show

4 Go Racing/ Fast-n-Furious. They have prolly the best surface out there right now, the track is open and fast. They have been supporting the series too.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Hector i've heard the excuse about the hand-out motors before and the last time i checked we did run a sportsman/novice class for people who are not serious. I'm pretty sure that the guys who travel wont mind paying $25-$30 per motor with a strictly enforced 2 motor limit .you could run the entire year on one motor. 2 sets of tires $50+ 2 motors $50+ $25 for entry fee it sounds expensive but got to the system we have now to be FAST tires $75? motors i've spent over $100 at one race since they are $40 a piece at a Hobby shop and you still have to pay and entry fee.

Im not saying that i know of any racers that have cheated on the tires. I am sayin that the oppertunity was there the last 2 races.

I belive 7 or 8 races is to much 6 at the most with a minnimun of 6 weeks in between. First race in Janurary like allways skip Feb. because of the birds so the next race early in March then the next race in late April. Skip May and June(Reedy race and Nats.) The next race would be in early August then race 5 in late September and race 6 in early November. That leaves December or even late November open for the Reigonals.I'm not saying I have all tha awnsers theese are just my oppinions

Thanks
Rolando Cusine
Old 08-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

This is not a trash talking or bashing thread so please keep the ideas positive
Old 08-28-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

I race in Jacksonville. the track @ Hobby world is perfectly capable of holding a state race.

Also rename the series to the CFSEARA.

the Central Florida state series. because that is where all the races are if you live in jax, miami or pensacola your screwed looking at alot of driving time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.