florida oval series race # 3 recap!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

florida oval series race # 3 recap!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Default florida oval series race # 3 recap!

when: saturday july 24th
where RPM speedway orlando florida

well race # 3 is in the books, and what a race it was!
we set a personal best with 65 entries!!!!

the sportsman class sponsored by (silva concepts)had a first time winner! Ian hames took TQ honors as well as his first race win ever! great job Ian we can only hope you turn out to be a better racer than your dad,lol.
1)Ian hames
2)rowland shannon
3)matt morgan
4)ryan shannon
5)sean vanthoff
6)chip helms

nastruck sponsored by (MB racing) had 7 entries with fast floyd holton taking Tq and the win in the main! good job floyd!
1)floyd holton
2)joe malin
3)mike bean
4)mel mccoy
5)ernie smith
6)ronald hagan
7)ray macduffie

stock 4 cell sponsored by (dark side motor sports) had only 5 entries but the racing was very close! taking TQ honors and the win was no other than barry gumley,way to go barry!

1)barry gumley
2)mark pray
3)rock'in ron
4)nick mackin
5)jesse (where's my motor) mcallister

here come the big boyz pro stock sponsored by (jakes performance hobbies)
i tried to stir up some trouble and talk enough smack to get mr. boylan to run with tony padilla in stock, my intention was to have tony taken off the top of the stock mountain for once! well tony would not have that! he again set TQ and took home the win. mike boylan was caught napping with 45 seconds to go and this aloowed tony to "steal" the win!

1)tony padilla
2)mike boylan
3)chris lawson
4)ronnie hames
5)dewayne yeamans
6)jason JB barnes
7)robert trask
8)billy bruce
9)james welch
10)david preston

B main pro stock

1) lee toler winner of the dark cloud award also

up next we have the little cars.. 12th mod sponsored by (BSR racing tires)
mike haney was the man to beat in 12th mod but he found trouble in the main. and when you find trouble you usualy get beat by mike bean,lol. mr. bean took the hard fought win with haney finishing up in second.

1)mike bean
2)mike haney
3)curt sanderson
4)joe malin
5)dave vanthoff
6)mel mccoy
7)brian roebuck
8)ray macduffie

sedan mod oval sponsored by (T.M. TIRES)
taking TQ with his corally O-ssasin was none other than birthday boy katf1sh
but I didn't have much luck in the main? taking the win is ken campbell, nice job ken!

1)ken campbell
2)scott meeks
3)david franklin
4)katf1sh
5)chip helms

the fastest of the fast up next 4 cell 19 turn sponsored by (maverick oval chassis)
this is mike boylans class, mike like padilla in stock just has not been sniffed the last 2 races. but that is all about to change! RICH BARAN (the man in black) saved his best run for last! turning a track record 59 laps in a 4:04:25 lapped the field! way to go rich that is 2 wins outside and one win inside in the last 3 weeks of racing! whatever rich is eating or wearing we all may need to get some quick! great job guys we all ran clean and we all had some heart stopping door to door racing! i cant wait until august 15th to do this all over again!

1)rich baran
2)dave puliafico
3)chris lawson
4)rich boehmler (hard charger winner)
5)katf1sh
6)bill floyd
7)robert trask
8)doug miller
9)mike boylan
0)billy bruce

B main

1)eddie shaffer
2)bill spicer
3)ronnie hames
4)bear yarbough
5)johny dye
6)tinman
7)jerry parrott
8)bud denning
9)tony padilla
0)mike haney

C main

1)david butts
2)bud johnson
3)todd allen
4)corky jarvis

ok as you all know dave puliafico and I dont always see eye to eye..but i call it like i see it. and well dave P turned some doubters into believers saturday night. dave having never ran at RPM and not having much expierence with 19 turn on the carpet and with a ultrabird motor almost stole the show! he realy ran a great race and had a super fast car. great job dave i think you still have that smile on your face? LOL DAVE also won the raffle, taking home a brand new team edition hyper drive 12th scale car all red with all there goodies included! the sun was shining down on dave saturday for sure! i'm sure dave will admit he had his doubts abouth the track and the series? i think i made a believer out of him as well? let's just say i think dave will be back in august? i honestly thought dave would be fighting to make the top 5 in the B and making the show was not even a thought. i'm hard to impress but dave managed to impress me for once,lol.

did i mention the associated 10L4O qualified in the top 4 spots in 19 turn? yup they did...the cheapest oval kit with very little bling bling dominated the 19 turn class. that has to make a statement about simplicity?

look for complete race results with lap times and the winners pictures on the official focars web site focars.net in the next few days.. mike boylan is doing a awesome job on the site and i know it takes up his free time. thanks mike! you are da man! i hope everyone walked away happy and learned a thing or two while there all day saturday. next focar race august 15th sunday at RPM speedway. big thanks to scott wise owner of RPM for allowing the oval heads to take over the building for a day! the track is awesome!

william sell