Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
RCIS in Green Cove Springs Offroad On road and Oval >

RCIS in Green Cove Springs Offroad On road and Oval

RCIS in Green Cove Springs Offroad On road and Oval

Old 07-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default RCIS in Green Cove Springs Offroad On road and Oval

Hey guys

I am very excited to be a part of RCIS. there is so much on the horizon. I ask you guys this just be patient because it will be well worth the wait.

Our offical opening is on the 21st of August. I don't know if we are going to have a test and tune day before then. but if we do i will post it here. we are shooting for the 3rd weekend of the month for oval with our first race in september.

please ALL feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them and if I can't I will get the answer for yah.

Dave Puliafico aka davepull
Old 07-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

http://www.rc-international-speedways.com/

check us out
Old 07-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Seriously. You with RCIS?

Questions

Where is pit lane?

When is practice days?

Have you informed the FSORS of the track opening? They may have some suggestions on how to get a State race there.

Will there be a set club racing schedule? I guess I should say when will there be.

My vote for a week breaker (weeknight race)

Last edited by ahsikes; 07-30-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Aaron pit lane is coming it will be right in front of the drivers stand. just putting the plans together on what will be the best and safest way to do it.

Practice once we are open on the 21st will be daily.

still working the details of when the normal weekend will be.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Dave, I think its great what you guys are doing and I feel that RCIS has a great deal of potential to be something BIG! I am a hardcore offroad guy and know nothing about onroad so my thoughts and questions will only pertain to offroad. I race on average twice a month and have participated in the FSORS series for the past 4 years.

This may come out the wrong way and I dont mean for it to sound so negative, so please dont take it that way. I am only speaking my thoughts because I want to see this place do well and succeed. I know its new and you guys are getting hit from every direction about do this, do that, why did you do that etc...Everything takes time to get perfected, that I do understand. I live only 15 minutes from this facility and would love nothing more to have a track in my backyard!!!

with that said, let me say that I was out there this past weekend and drove a couple of my buddy's 1/8 scales and the biggest thing I see is the current layout. It does not flow very well, It has 3 very bad blind spots, and its alot of the same....table top, to a table top. I know that layouts can be changed and the only reason I am saying this is do to the fact that if you want to bring racers in from out of town layouts can make or break a track!

Sorry for such a long post, If I may be of any assistance please just let me know.

thanks
Matt
Old 07-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the input Matt. we have been doing some work on the track. we cut down all the wood on the sides of jumps. that cleared up some issues. this is the first of many layouts.

we appreciate the support and the input

Dave
Old 07-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Dave,

Its great to see a new track in jacksonville! it is well needed. i too am very close to the track and look forward to racing on it in the future.

I did get a chance to drive it briefly and i can agree with matt as far as the layout goes. but more then the layout i was really struggling with the blind spots. i know that these are just "growing pains" and im sure that they will get worked out.

hopefully RCIS will be a huge success and be able to host some big events! i would really like to see a state race held there this year.

so dave, keep us posted on plans/changes/events, and feel free to ask questions if you need any insight. i know there are a lot of good racers here and guys that really know what a successful track needs... (matt, aaron)

Ryan
Old 08-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Touring Track is 99% done. just need to check the loop.

we are waiting on covers for the jumps which should be here by the end of the week. once we get the covers we will rebuild the jumps. we are working on a solution for the blind spot.

we have a cover coming for the drivers stand.

pipe for the oval track will be here tomorrow. should have the oval done soon.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Sounds good Dave, thanks for the update!
Old 08-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys I 'm new to offroad I'm looking for a list of classes that you guys run.

I know the general ones but is there like a 1/8 stock and mod? or nitro and electric?

on the short course trucks I am thinking of box stock and a open class

and what about 1/10th classes like t4's and b4's?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With 1/8th scale you would usually break the classes down into buggy and truggy. There aren't normally enough electric 1/8th scale vehicles to run a separate class.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

ok so you seperate Buggies from truggies. but when it comes to these to vehicles. what you are saying is I can run a stock rc8 against a rc8 with nasty motor?

sounds like a stupid question but I am not a offroad guy so I don't know. and you'll let a guy run a E version 1/8th car regardless of what motor/ battery combo they have?
Old 08-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Dave,

When it comes to nitro buggy, yes they all run together regardless if they have a nasty motor or not. Really the only rule with 1/8 scale buggy is they are not suppose to have anything larger then a .21 for a engine, but that is overlooked most of the time if someone has a .24-.28 (as most .21's are faster anyway)

As far as electric 1/8 scale running with nitro, I am strongly against that but due to the fact that there are normally not enough of them to have a class most tracks do allow them to run with the nitro's.

Nitro clases: Buggy, Truggy, monster truck, and gas truck.

Electric on the other hand gets a little more involved. This is where stock and mod come into play. I would suggest contacting Bobby Phillips with Rcsignup as he runs the supercup series here in Florida and get all of your electric questions answered. But for the most part here are those classes:

Stock buggy(2wd), mod buggy(2wd), stock truck(2wd), mod truck(2wd), mod 4wd, stock slash, and mod short course

mod = 2s lipo and brushless

Hope that helps.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Matt helps alot. Got the covers in for the Jumps today they look sweet.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

OK got the jumps almost all built back up. the rain killed them thank god for the covers. sprinkler system is almost done. will be working on pit road soon. we are getting close to opening day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.