Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules for Series Race #1 FSEARA ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Rules for Series Race #1 FSEARA ???

I think I remember that they were posted somewhere, but there have been new votes and many discussions about motors and one-ways and classes, I am not sure what the final outcome was.

Could we post here what classes are going to run, which 19Turn motors are legal, etc.

Thanks,

See everyone next weekend!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Tim, I believe we stuck with last years 19t rules, and no one ways ( argh)
Old 01-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

I thought we ended up going with roar rules for 19 turn? That's what I mean, we need the exact rules not "I Thinks" The race is next weekend, would be nice to know what motor and setups are legal to use.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We went with NO one- ways.For the 19t we also went with the new ROAR rules.- fixed timing 24 degrees. The C2's ,Team Orion/Peak and Reedy. The binary 19t are legal.So will the other motor once it is made.
Before you ask the binary (4) magnet stock motors ARE NOT LEGAL.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Who makes the 4 (quad) magnet 19Turn motor with fixed timing? I thought the reedy was adjustable?
Old 01-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Tim I am not a rep of FSEARA, was just trying to help .
Old 01-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Basically what I took from John M's explaination was..

Fixed Timing 19t, 2 magnets and 4 magnets as long as the 4 magnets are situated the same as the 2 magnets. Trying to look for the rule section on the ROAR web site
Old 01-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

No problem Tim, I was not trying to be a smart ass, I just want the real rules, so no confusions down the road. You know what I mean?
I don't want to be all geared up to run something other than C2 can motor than findout otherwise. And you always help with answers on this forum which are greatly appreciated.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Np... man I know what you mean. John is away at the Novak race, and to be totally honest with ya, he would prolly say to ask this question on the FSEARA forum. But like you, it crashes my browser. I will be running 19t for the 1st race and am planning on running a C2, just to let things sort themselves out, and then decide which motor to run for the season. Thanks for the compliments they are apreciated.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

the 4 mag reedy motor is fixed 24 deg timing..
Old 01-09-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Some of the new motors are out-some are not.The same could be said about the 2004 rules.Since I was on the committee I should know something about the new rules. As I said before the Trinity C2,Reedy, Team Orion/Peak Peformance fixed timing 24 degree motors are legal.You can always contact the Bob Ingersoll from ROAR about what is legal and what is not.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

the word is no one ways and we are following Roar rules for 19t. As I understand it 19t has to be fixed timing at 24 degrees and a machine wound armature. 2 or 4 magnets are legal.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:14 AM
Tech Champion

A new old rule will be in effect at this and every other race I attend this year.Last year I recieved many complaints about a driver or drivers complaining about the other drivers and turn marshalls during their race.I don't want to hear anything this year.You want to yell at the other drivers or turn marshalls I'm liable to sit you down for you next qualifier. My pit is straight across from the drivers stand this weekend.And the drivers that I had all the complaints on last year- I'll be looking at !There is NO need for this type of behavior at any race!Since I don't understand Spanish,French or any thing but English I take anything said on the drivers stand as yelling.
You want to say something to the other person take it to your pit!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

"Since I don't understand Spanish,French or any thing but English I take anything said on the drivers stand as yelling."

Bullfrog-Seems a little unfair that you would assume that any thing other than English, would constitute yelling in your eyes. If I should happen to have a French, German or Spanish racing counterpart and I choose to speak to them in their language, I do not believe it should lead to a "sit down."

I think that in any language you would be able to tell if it is a negative comment simply by hearing the inflection and entonation.

Perhaps you meant to say that if you could derive from the tone that it was an argument or a derrogatory comment then you would take action.

I am the first person who will argue that we need to treat fellow drivers and turnmarshalls with more respect, However, just because someone is unfamiliar with a foreign language does not give them the right to assume it is yelling or a negative comment.

Just my .02 worth

Michael Abraira
TeamButter
Old 01-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Both Points... ! Lets try to kick the year off with a great race. Some of the more common sense items should be reiterated.

1. If you drop out of the race, you should not leave the drivers stand. Take a step back, and wait for it to end. Also, try not to lean forward at anytime during a race.

2. Lets try to keep the yelling at a minimum, If you have problem with a fellow racer, like Bill said, take it back to the pits.

3. Turn Marshall, or find a suitable replacement. In the same vain, track operators should dock the lap if someone is not marshalling.

4. Enjoy your time at the track, it is bette rthen most alternatives.

5. If you not sure about the answer to any question, ASK... and if you choose to ask in Spanish, Mike A will be glad to answer :>

I am sure I missed some items, pleae feel free to point it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.