Big loss for FSEARA, the R/C community and the Hagan family

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Big loss for FSEARA, the R/C community and the Hagan family

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Rocky was one who truly made the sport and the world better . Prayers to to the rest of the Hagan family .
I am proud to have raced with him !!

Last edited by Speedlinehobbie; 03-10-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Rocky was a true Racer. I had the chance to work for Rocky for a short period, even if he was having a bad day we would start talking about racing and go back to his stock car days running All PRO series that would always bring a huge smile to his face. One of the best stories he bought a old KZ 1000 and another friend of his had a VMAX and it was faster then the KZ, well this other guy that we know was a KZ dragracer, Rocky took the bike to him and told him to do what ever to took to smoke the VMAX and it did, that was great so many good stories. He will be missed.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MOTHER FOCAR
maybe a memorial race at superior every year for rocky would make some nice donations for his family..even I would beg and borrow a car to run in the race for fun.maybe mr. fraden could lead the charge?

god speed rocky

william sell
Guys, the Memorial Race idea is fantastic, please do it. I do not know Rocky, but up here in the chilly midwest they have a Kahuna Memorial race. Who I also never met. But I just had the honor of attending the 5th annual with my son. They had his body pro painted, or maybe it was actually his, I don't know. 224 entries! Before the mains a ceremonial lap and a few words with everyone around the track. Turned out we were needed some, his friend was having a little trouble seeing well as the lap progressed, if ya catch my drift.

I'll admit, at first I thought it was a little corny. But I got over my immaturity real quick, it bought back memories. We all have our Kahunas and Rockys to thank for where we all are today. And as a parent who uses life lessons as an excuse to spend all the dough, I was damn proud to choke up a little myself. Lets let our loses mean something, we owe it to them to remind ourselves, and those that follow, that we can all be a Kahuna or Rocky in our own little way.

May your God be with you all.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Guys, the Memorial Race idea is fantastic, please do it. I do not know Rocky, but up here in the chilly midwest they have a Kahuna Memorial race. Who I also never met. But I just had the honor of attending the 5th annual with my son. They had his body pro painted, or maybe it was actually his, I don't know. 224 entries! Before the mains a ceremonial lap and a few words with everyone around the track. Turned out we were needed some, his friend was having a little trouble seeing well as the lap progressed, if ya catch my drift.

I'll admit, at first I thought it was a little corny. But I got over my immaturity real quick, it bought back memories. We all have our Kahunas and Rockys to thank for where we all are today. And as a parent who uses life lessons as an excuse to spend all the dough, I was damn proud to choke up a little myself. Lets let our loses mean something, we owe it to them to remind ourselves, and those that follow, that we can all be a Kahuna or Rocky in our own little way.

May your God be with you all.

Quite possibly the best post EVER on rctech...
Old 03-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Old 03-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Butter, ya never know how this is going to come across.
Attached Thumbnails Big loss for FSEARA, the R/C community and the Hagan family-img_9748.jpg   Big loss for FSEARA, the R/C community and the Hagan family-img_9749.jpg   Big loss for FSEARA, the R/C community and the Hagan family-img_9868.jpg  

Last edited by Dave H; 03-11-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

And with the encouragement, a request if I may... Post the flyer on rcracingextreme.com We midwest guys like to come visit when we can, show our Respect and support, but give us some warning.

Last edited by Dave H; 03-11-2008 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bill has written a nice article about Rocky and Eddie Herman.
Please take the time to check it out, also if you would like to leave any comments, I have added that option at the bottom of the page, they will remain permanent on the website.
-
Thanks

http://www.fseara.org/driver/tribute.php
Old 03-11-2008, 07:14 AM

Here’s donation information. Still waiting for time and date for memorial service. Rocky will be buried in Indianapolis Indiana. There will be a memorial servise in Largo and Celebration of Life at the Minnreg Building. I will post more information as soon as it is available.

Donations to Palm Harbor Community Church or to the charity of your choice in Rocky’s name. Included the address for the funeral home in Indiana and Jo Ann’s address for cards.

We will send updates as soon as possible.

Palm Harbor Community Church

(727) 789-6764

455 Riviere Rd

Palm Harbor, FL 34683

Jo Ann Ketring

1000 Suemar Road

Dunedin, Fl 34698

Funeral Home in Indiana

Crown Hill

(317) 925-3800

700 W 38th St Indianapolis, IN 46208
Old 03-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Mike & I would like to give our condolances to Rocky's Family & friends. A great loss for the RC community.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:58 AM

Rocky Hagan Services

Memorial Service will be held Wednesday, 19 March 2008

At Palm Harbor Community Church

Starting at 4:30 PM

(Casual dress)

Palm Harbor Community Church

(727) 789-6764

455 Riviere Rd

Palm Harbor, FL 34683

“Celebration of Life” follows the Memorial Service at the Minnreg Building.

Or as Rocky would have said “A Good Ole Irish Wake”

Minnreg Building

(727) 539-2025

6340 126th Ave North

Largo, Fl 33773

For additional information please call

Debi Horn at 727-415-8065 or

Loni Wellington at 727-667-5174

Sam Ledford at 727-402-7110
Old 03-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sam, Thanks for the info. Lynn and I will make plans to attend.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ditto for me...I will do my best to get out of work. Munno's can you guys give me a call?

Thanks,

Butter
Old 03-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Rocky

Our loving thoughts and condolences are with Joann and with Rocky’s family and friends. I am sure everyone feels as we do, that we will be better individuals for having known him. Rocky was and will always be a role model of what a good person should be.
Although I never had the honor of knowing Rocky as well as many of you, I have raced with Rocky for many years and during some our rain delays and Saturday night dinners I had the opportunity to talk with him and Joann. From our brief exchanges I could tell right away I was talking to a gentle giant of a man, always smiling, always with something good to say, and with his sidekicks Joann and Bill always close at hand.
We were asked if we could take Rocky’s car and newly purchased trailer back to his house. I felt a presence and aura around me as I sat in his car. I glanced quickly around the car adjusting his mirrors, his seat and getting ready for this final journey home. I was surrounded by clues to who this man is. I didn’t want to fixate on any one item but I found that to be impossible.
There were stuffed items attesting to his gentleness, racing items relevant to his competitive nature, and some of Joann’s items symbolizing their comfortable love for each other. On the passenger side floor I could see the car Izzy so graciously and honorably drove on that emotionally intense parade lap, rocking back and forth like Rocky was ready to run it, a printout of the Master’s Main carefully and lovingly placed on its windshield. I could see Rocky smiling, 5th place? It didn’t matter to him; it might as well have been a first place.
While traveling I-4 a person cut me off. Sometimes under those circumstances, that person would have received the number one sign. I smiled instead because Rocky would have done it that way. Rocky has affected our lives in such good ways.
As we rounded the corner to his street we could see in the far distance, Joann standing at the end of the driveway. My heart sank again; I could only imagine what Joann was thinking as she saw the car and trailer.
Joann spoke of how Rocky loved racing and of the great friends they both have. We were speechless at first but could eventually tell her of the outpouring of care by everyone that took place during the remainder of the weekend. I am positive she already knew that.
It’s not very often some one can change a persons life as Rocky has done to ours. I know I can speak for every one; Rocky is a positive influence in our lives past, present and future. We can only strive to be loved and respected by so many, as Rocky has been and will always be.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a video of the Master's Race taken by Toni.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O9t84rXLfuk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.