FSEARA Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I had a thought, maybe we can give a point bonus to people that race at least 7 of th 8 races, like 5 points for the support. I dunno just a thought.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

That sounds cool, but some people may say its not fair b/c they didn't actually earn the points. (i'm all for it)
Old 10-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The points made in #4 sure make sense, but those "State" and "National Champions" paid there dues also. Some guys raced a class for a few years to win it and it took alot of hard work to get there. With the already lowered attendance at some events why would you break up a class even more and have a "pro" class, those guys dont run at every race, you would have 5 entries anyway, and who makes the determination of who gets to race in what class. If we make more rules and break up the classes even more how is this gonna help? If we continue this thinking Mr. Vera would never get to race in Florida again and the series would force him into retirement, I dont think he plays golf!!!Where do "State" and "National Champs" get to practice for larger events than an FSEARA Race?????

More entries mean more revenue for the "SERIES" this gives access to more possibilities and helps with points #2 & #3. Look at it this way, you spend all that money and time to show up and the second class you planned on running is cancelled due to lack of entries, thats alot of money for 20 minutes of racing! Dont penalize the fast guys, learn from them and practice!!! A stock motor and $25 bucks is all you should need to race.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Mike, I am not saying that people should not, as you old timers call it "Pay Dues". But the fact is, the people that compain about my point will be people that are in the classification of "National or State Champions". And sure, allowing them to race will help the immidiate class counts but will not help the counts in the long term. If I am not mistaken, Mr. Vera runs 3 classes when there are 3 classes to run, all of them MOD. I dont see anything that is penalizing a "Fast Guy" with my points. If so, please clarify it for me. Is penalizing a fast guy, not letting them whip ass on slower ones ? The guys your same fast guys intimidate off the track when they get in your way. ? Listen I am not state champ, and prolly never will be, but it would be a better series with fair competetion. How about a comprimise, let people race, but make an allowance for it in the point system, either thier points don't count, or if thier are 4 champs in the class for that weekend, then add 4 points to everyone. I dunno, but we can come up with something

Last edited by TimPotter; 10-27-2003 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would like to speak my mind on some of this.We don't need a pro stock class.All you will be doing is diluting the class.Forcing someone to move to a different class was done years ago. When you won stock you were forced to run modified the next year.All that did was lose that racer the next year.The novice class was not intended to be what it turned out to be this year. Remember it was a race to race event -no points.
Tim it really doesn't matter about who has the most hits on this forum. The official website is www.fseara.com This is where this talk belongs.What John is trying to do by getting this manufacturers to sponsor the series is great. I did that for years until they got tired of giving stuff to us.New people in new postitions at the various manufacturers are receptive to our oldest running series in ROAR.It's all starting to come back again. Look at all the new tracks coming on board. How many years has it been.At one point in the series most of the races were in one spot - Naples. that's 6 1/2 hours one way from Jacksonville. This coming year there will be a new Daytona track and possibly an MDI.Maybe even a new Jacksonville track?New places gets new racers. Give it a chance.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The comment about Mr. Vera is an example of the way this kind of thinking and running the race formats can result in. It applies to anyone running any class!!!!!!! Yes, u are penalizing a "fast" guy because it isnt his fault for winning at something. Why cant a "fast" guy just pop into a class to get practice for a larger event they might be attending in the future, if you cant do it against the best racers in the state where can you do it???? Same complaints would happen at a club race. As for intimidation that shouldnt even be an issue, if you are afraid to lose u shouldnt be racing at all, and any of the "fast" guys are more than willing to help newer racers and expand the series but they must first come and ask for help if needed. Also, there is plenty of "fair" competition in the series just look at the points battles right now!
Old 10-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Bill I respectfully disagree with the amount of hits. The more hits, the more views, the more racers get the word. I am not saying John is sitting on his hands about the manufactures either. I know he has big plans, but what I am saying is we need to ensure thast the plans are fully utilized and a full set of rules is set forth and enforced. When was the last time you saw a rough driving penalty ? Thanks for adding your comments, participation in this discussion is welcome .

Last edited by TimPotter; 10-27-2003 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

listen lets not let this get into a mud slinging contest. In short, lets get peoples concerns out in the open and address them. I understand John is really working for a better series next year and I fully suport him in his efforts, as well as most people do support him. Point well taken on diluting classes, that for sure does not help the situation. I am sure remedies can be constructed for any problem.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

I edited this post

Originally posted by TimPotter
Mike, I am not saying that people should not, as you old timers call it "Pay Dues". But the fact is, the people that compain about my point will be people that are in the classification of "National or State Champions". And sure, allowing them to race will help the immidiate class counts but will not help the counts in the long term. If I am not mistaken, Mr. Vera runs 3 classes when there are 3 classes to run, all of them MOD. I dont see anything that is penalizing a "Fast Guy" with my points. If so, please clarify it for me. Is penalizing a fast guy, not letting them whip ass on slower ones ? The guys your same fast guys intimidate off the track when they get in your way. ? Listen I am not state champ, and prolly never will be, but it would be a better series with fair competetion. How about a comprimise, let people race, but make an allowance for it in the point system, either thier points don't count, or if thier are 4 champs in the class for that weekend, then add 4 points to everyone. I dunno, but we can come up with something
Old 10-28-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

I agree with Tim 100% on his point about getting the right racers into the right classes. I am a sportsman class racer and feel fortunate that I can race in a series that has such a class so I can develop my driving skills and become a better racer. If the series didn't have this class I am pretty sure that I would not be racing in the state series at all. I still remember that event very well. Between practice and the qualifiers with the other drivers yelling at me to watch out and get out of the way it was a bad weekend for me all around. And I didn't come back to any other races that year. I still see this happening at the races going on now. And for me, if we want the series to grow we need to remember that not everyone races as well as everyone else. That is why I don't like to practice with other drivers on the track. After you get yelled at five or six times by five or six different drivers, a less experience driver just gets discouraged and pulls his car off the track.

And as for diluting a class by moving more experienced drivers to a different class, I don't see that at all. If your arguement is that it helps them out for when they go to bigger events like nationals, well I don't see that either. I don't see them racing against "b" or "c" main club level drivers in a "a" main at a national event. They are going to compete with "a" main national level event drivers. So that arguement doesn't hold up very well either. Just my opinion.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:47 AM
Tech Initiate

I agree with Tim as well. I mentioned this at Minnreg during the meeting. One of the biggest differences between the “pros” and the rest of us in stock is the time and effort the guys put into this hobby. Although I spend lots of money and time at this now I agree if I want to be better it takes practice and more practice. I have a family and a have a life outside of this hobby but also enjoy this series.I must admit that I would enjoy it much more if I have a chance of winning a stock event. (And not a C main) I will never put the time and effort it takes to be as good as some of the pros and I think there are a lot of racers in the same boat as me. I believe this is contributing to the low attendance and we would do a lot better if there were a class for the “pro” and a class for the serious racer like myself. There has to be a middle ground between novice and the pro level guy. This is just my opinion.

Keep in mind the subject came up in effort to increase the attendance and keep the racers involved in this series. I agree this opinion does not please everyone but I believe this is the best approach in having a strong series.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

i cant keep up with dave or the fast guys.
dave vera chased bob hall for years and he didnt quit bob hall chased art carbonell for years too . you guys this is racing ! not croshaying .
i have been chasing dave for about three years now i went from four laps down to the one lap down and on the same lap.
he is 1 to 2 tenths faster then me . i keep coming back for more everytime because i know i can catch him. little by little i'm going faster and faster i will catch him and i am going to beat him.
evry body chased richard petty and dale earndhart, and ralph shumacher and arton senna.
seperating classes is bull crap.
the reason god created fast drivers was so that the other would have a challenge.
people like dave , paul wynn , who ever races at an amain at a national are the guys i want to race because against them i'll get better not racing aginst sorry looser cry babbies.
when you race winners it rubbs off if you race loosers you dont get better.
if barry baker were here dave wouldnt be crying because he wins, if joel jhonson. mark pavidus, billy easton , jimmy jacobson , mike black stock raced here i would race against them sure they'll kill me but sooner or later i WILL be as fast as them why because i want to. and because remember this
why be an eagle and fly with turkeys when you can fly with other eagles.
guys that cry are the loosers and the nerds in life that dont have a backbone.
if you cant hang with the big dogs then stay on the porch if you dont hang then
quit. if i didnt have someone to chase then i dont need to race because there's no challenge get off of dave or who ever the winners are bcause plain and simple you got your ass whooped! butch up girlie men!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Hector, you are missing the intent of this issue. That the stock class if for up and comers or over the hill'ers, not National Champs and State Champs. If someone wants to test thier skills against the best in the state,there is plenty of challenge available ( 3 classes worth 19t. 12th scale and Mod ) You yourself told me you didnt want to race stock this year because you dont belong there. You had the integrity to not race stock this year, as you told me you did not belong there.

I think I have said my peace, and apreciate everyone chiming in. The more opinions we get the better off we are. But I have not recieved an optinion differning from mine from anyone other then an FSEARA "Oldtimer". Does that say something ? We have to look to the future. If the guys get discouraged and stop racing who wins ? Like Bill pointed out when the people that had to bump up got discourged and quit, we lost a racer. Well that same holds true but in a bigger role, a handfull of guys get discouraged and quit. We have to work hard to get them to come back, not tell them they are wussies because they can't hang.... Yeah that helps.

We have to build some confidence in the racer before attempting to challenge them.

Last edited by TimPotter; 10-28-2003 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Tim carries a valid point in some respects. I myself spent 2 years running stock sedan. Both years I made the top 10 so I moved on. I thought it would be nice to let someone else get into the A-main. I think we cant force people out of stock but we should be really really encouraging those that do not belong there to move up to what their skill level really is. If I got say Ralph Burch to show up and he has a Roar card and an entry fee am I supposed to send him home because he doesnt want to run factory modified? No I am supposed to let hm race but encourage him to run the highest available class to match his skills. I think the second reason some people run stock is to get the extra track time. Those people may indeed be a former state champ. As long as they dont run full factory mod class on the same weekend I dont have a rule to keep them out of stock. According to Roar you may not run stock and mod on the same weekend in the same class. It may be that we do really need to run 2 classes of stock. I however dont want to make 2 classes out of one unless the one is strong attendance wise. Maybe that would fix the attendance who knows for sure.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

tim thats my personal opinion about not running in stock but in actuality i could run it i have never been a state champion in any class or have one a national c hampionship.
niether has any of the guys that we race with won one in a touring car, they have a cpouple in pan car classes but that dont mean anything.
the reason i dont like stock its too slow but i do run stock at a nationals because i dont have the equipment.
tim also there used to be a rule that if you won stock you couldnt race it for a period of time.
as far as there being fast guys yes there are furman, dobbs , k, mitchall, padilla, bruce, those are entitled to race stock
i think you dont understand stock was never a class from the begining for new comers its a very copetitive class also raced at national levels for guys that dont want the agrevation of racing modified .that is why there is a novice class.
so let me say if i were to race stock you would get upset!.
when i told you i wouldnt run stock that was at mdi club races were it wouldnt be fair to the guys there because you ask to run with you guys one time and i didnt want to ruin the fun they were having. even i at one point am beyond a class at certain venues.
as far as the state series there is only 3 or four guys that arent eligable for stck
thats i think gabriel lopez, ryen rhodes,i forgot who else other then that there are a couple like vera and wynn that because they choose not to or bcause their sponsorship contract actually states they cant. wont run it.
look as far as i see stock is for those that whish to race on a somewhat of a level playing field being a spec motor being a 27 turn bushed motor, we all have the same power plant, lets see who tunes and setsup better pluss outr drive each other to win.
19 t is just that but faster
then modified even they are are limited to 10t's.
thats why theres a novice class for the beginers and then there are the club races which are for the biggeners
i think you have a missconseption the the state series is a big club race guess what ? its not ! its the next level down from a regional or a national. its a state championship class, not a club race.
tim by the way we are probly some of the best racers in the country because of our level of competion we can go to a national and one of our fl state series guys will make the a main because we have all step the level up to the next level and i like the fact that if you make the a in a state race that any of those ten guys are capable of making the a at a national and i am one of them.
we dont need any cry baby classes right now you and who ever isnt getting in the a needs to figure out why and improve them selves. guys its a state race NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT a club race.
i go race every time to do the best i can and if i get beat i go home and find a way to beat the guy who beat me the next time more practice more tuning what ever it take its the competitive nature by which most of strive on to be sucessful. when masami herosaka was winning everything insight joel jhonson didnt bitch and cry he figured it out and won some of the races .
to be good and win you gotta get beat bad before you can win thats the rule of racing that aint written you gotta pay your dues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.