Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC PRO DIRT OVAL 2007 FINALS

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

2007 RC Pro Dirt Oval Series National Finals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well true to form we out ran the rain for a final time and got the finals in to close out the 2007 season. It was a rough one, but it is finally over. I will recap the season as soon as i complete a little break for myself.
As for the Finals we may have had a small turn out, but we had BIG FUN.
In Pro Truck brother Pete Jackson won over Luke Jackson and took the Championship by 10 points even though brother Luke led the most laps until everything went wrong on lap 26.
Outlaw Modified had Luke Fidler leading flag to flag over Tim Harper for the win and the Championship.
In 4WD Latemodel Ronnie Setser Tq'd led the most laps and won taking home the 2007 Championship as well.
2WD latemodel was just a warm up for the Sprint Final as TQ Troy Robinson led the most and held on for the win capturing the Championship with Rarer a close second.followed by Setser and Pete Jackson.
The race of the day was a toss up between Nitro Sprint and 1/8 Latemodel.In the Sprint Final TQ Troy Robinson led the most laps only to be caught by Larry Rarer on lap 44. Troy regained the lead on lap 46 only to lose it back to Rarer in the final seconds. Rarer pinched turn two and found the pipe. He was marshalled just as Robinson came by winning by one foot at the line capturing the Championship with the win over Rarer by 5 points. Joe Moncada was third.
1/8 Latemodel was FULL of action. TQ Rick Long led flag to flag as Smitty Willamson worked his way up from fifth to second to clinch our FIRST 1/8 Scale Latemodel Championship. He was followed by Wes Powell, Ronnie Setser, John Hysell, and Jerry Ward.
There were probably two dozen guys that had a legitimate shot at a championship that did not show. Too bad they couldn't make it, but those that did had FUN, and are carrying home hardware to prove it.
SPECIAL THANKS to Gary McAllister, and Jack Leake (Leake Racing Engines) for their support and the extra prizes for Pro Truck and other classes.

I am going to take a small break now, but keep your eyes open for my "Year In Review" and "Things to Come" release.

--
regards;
Dell Lanier
RC Pro
Dirt Oval Series
National Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Thank you Mason, Greg, Frank, and my Wife THANK YOU!!!!!