Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New rule discussion-FSEARA 2008

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile rule changes

I race in the master class and i have alot of fun. I run a brushless motor and i like it.
I would like to run lipo batteries next year in master class.
Thank You Dave
Old 06-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
What are the chance we see a new control tire

I heard those tires are going to be carpet only at first.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Can we get some kind of an agreement with the Masters racers to try Lipo's our for the rest of the season. They do not afford any performance advantage....

I think this is a great idea
I am down two race packs of 4200. Count me in for the rest of the season for lipos in the master's class. When is the next race?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I still think ifmar qualifying is boring and uneventful at best. Would any of the masters class want to try heads up qualifying for the rest of the season. Everyone would still run the 3 quals, then the main, only difference is everyone starting at the same time. Main position still determine by the best time? - also is these easy to integrate into the computer program.
-
I think running races everytime makes for more fun and I also think it makes people better drivers. I have seen a big improvement in mod class, i think everyone is consistently getting faster and faster w/ each race. the only real side effect i have seen is people get a little hotheaded from time to time if they think you took them out on purpose.
-
2 sets of tires are all thats needed, everyone is at the same disadvantage when running old tires, and what are we talking about $27.00 to go .2 tenths faster.
-
lastly for all those that want to only run a one day race, we could add a seperate class that runs 2 quals and the mains on saturday and wraps up that day. still leaving the regular two day format for the other classes. just a thought, make it either stock or 19t.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I heard those tires are going to be carpet only at first.
They got the 32 compound in late this week and the harder ones are supposed to be in in a few more weeks. They ran them at an asphalt race in MD this past weekend.

EA
Old 06-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
They got the 32 compound in late this week and the harder ones are supposed to be in in a few more weeks. They ran them at an asphalt race in MD this past weekend.

EA
Thats really cool! I had originally heard Jack was developing them as carpet only tires. New tires are a good thing for everyone...even Take Off and Sorex will benifit from new tires entering the market.

The new Jaco tires will increase interest in rubber tire racing and thats good for everyone.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Thats really cool! I had originally heard Jack was developing them as carpet only tires. New tires are a good thing for everyone...even Take Off and Sorex will benifit from new tires entering the market.

The new Jaco tires will increase interest in rubber tire racing and thats good for everyone.
Yea anytime you have one manufacture dominate the market for a certain period of time the technology kinda stops and cost go up. With new competition it should be good for everyone and keep cost down...which is always good!

On another note its starting to look like i may be doing a lot of racing in FL soon

EA
Old 06-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Moving???
Old 06-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

join us on the treasure coast. home prices are falling.. lol

any word on how those tires are fairing on asphalt? and does anybody know if they are made here stateside?
Old 06-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Default Lipo Pack For Masters

I ran the 3200 "hard" case lipo pack along with the 4300/10.5 brushless in our 19t touring class for the first time last night. Our touring racers here in Jacksonville are very open really like to see how it performed. I was a little worried since we incorporated an intersection at one end of our track. Cars got t-boned, spinned, etc. Everything you'd image running a red light at an intersection. My car got hit a couple times on the battery side and it was all good. Our racing is a little extreme since we're on a break between point series.

Well anyways, I used the same pack for 2quals and the main. All I had to do was repeak it. Is it an agreement with the racers in masters that we will allow lipos for the last two races this year?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
-rp tires
last longer and gets more grip its worth the extra couple dollars.
-5 minutes
less wear and tear, everybody runs 5 minutes why do we run six. and theres a couple 19 turns u cant even run 6 minutes be4 they blow up.
-sunday start at 10
most of the time we start at 10 anyways so lets always start then
-hard case lipo
ANYINPUT ON THIS
- LETS START CHECKING ROOF HEIGHT
Old 07-10-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Champion

last time we tried roof height everyone complained.But if you like I can bring the gauge at the next race.
longer run times- with lipos and more battery mah why not.
1/10th pan cars with 13.5 motors and either lipos or 6 cell.Wide or narrow.Times- 7 minutes or 8 minutes.
Legends cars-
Old 07-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thats the first time roof height has come up in a long time. Not sure that is a REAL problem. Funny thing about tech, is that racers complain either way, either tech is too hard, or tech is not good enough.

But we can tech for this if the racer feel it is a real issue.

ANYINPUT ON THIS
Old 07-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thats the first time roof height has come up in a long time. Not sure that is a REAL problem. Funny thing about tech, is that racers complain either way, either tech is too hard, or tech is not good enough.

But we can tech for this if the racers feel it is a real issue.

ANYINPUT ON THIS
Old 07-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter

But we can tech for this if the racers feel it is a real issue.
its not that a huge issue but mabe make tech more official so its like the major races

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.