Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Future of Racing In Florida >

Future of Racing In Florida

Future of Racing In Florida

Old 05-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Future of Racing In Florida

Today was an interesting day. Talked to 3 track owners, all asking for the same thing. Come racing this Sunday, the 3rd weekend of the month. All these locations are racing the same location.....strange.

What caused this?

Florida has something right now that sucks...too much racing on the 3rd Sunday of every month. You have Homestead, Port Charlote, B&B, Kissimmee, Tampa and P&P, all on the same day. Wierd that everybody wants to race the same time....doesn't make sense does it.

EDITED: SHOULD READ:
Florida has something right now that sucks...too much racing on the 3rd Sunday of every month. Wierd that everybody wants to race the same time....doesn't make sense does it.
You have these onroad tracks: Homestead, Port Charlote, B&B, Kissimmee, Tampa, P&P and I think Ocala still has a track too.

END OF EDIT
It is only hurting attendance everywhere! With all the tracks around, it would be nice to run a monthly series between all the tracks....

Or it would be great to run a 3 day race series all in 1 weekend. 3 races-1 weekend-3 locations. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. It would make more sense than everybody running the same day, hell, thier is 30 days in a month, you can't tell everybody that out of 30 days, you have to choose a favorite and forget everybody else.

Here is an idea, I've posted something like this before, but now might be the time to get this started.

You must race at least 3 races a month, at 3 different locations. The track owners would have to call in the results of the participating racers to a points keeper. It would Cost $5 a person to participate monthly. The person with the highest points at the end of the month would be the Florida Monthly Racer and receive a plaque and gift card for Gas that month. The top 3 persons at the end of the year would receive a Trophey and a gift of thier choise, purchased from the remaining money of the participating racers. The yearly racer could also put the money tward a larger purchase too. Other expenses from the money would be for website, admin fees like phone calls, ect. What would be nice about this is that if you raced 19t or nitro, beginner or expert class, it wouldn't matter, only how you placed, as long as it was a ligitimate class and race.

Does anybody feel this would help or hurt?
Does anybody think this would work?

Last edited by rcfoolz; 05-16-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

FSORS is racing this weekend,the only reason that I picked the 3rd weekend this month was Mothers day was on the second weekend.
Dennis
Old 05-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

The problem maybe all these short notice, pop up races, which is good for the local racers but bad racing in general due to low attendence. There was a time when we knew which weekend a track was running.

Florida currently has alot of state series from oval, on road (electric, nitro), off road, dirt oval etc. There is just so many weekends to hold a regular club race put work around the scheduled state series.

We can actually say we have too much racing in Florida, now thats a bummer
Old 05-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

OBTW, this weekend just happens to be the FSEARA weekend at PnP. Racing on the east coast....
Old 05-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Yea, you should see my calender for the rest of the year, It's crazy, I guess we are lucky to have these problems.
The other day I was helping the regional director (Tater) to pick out the dates for the Offroad regionals and its about impossible to find a weekend that does'nt conflict with someone.
Dennis
Old 05-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Today was an interesting day. Talked to 3 track owners, all asking for the same thing. Come racing this Sunday, the 3rd weekend of the month. All these locations are racing the same location.....strange.

What caused this?

Florida has something right now that sucks...too much racing on the 3rd Sunday of every month. You have Homestead, Port Charlote, B&B, Kissimmee, Tampa and P&P, all on the same day. Wierd that everybody wants to race the same time....doesn't make sense does it.

It is only hurting attendance everywhere! With all the tracks around, it would be nice to run a monthly series between all the tracks....

Or it would be great to run a 3 day race series all in 1 weekend. 3 races-1 weekend-3 locations. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. It would make more sense than everybody running the same day, hell, thier is 30 days in a month, you can't tell everybody that out of 30 days, you have to choose a favorite and forget everybody else.

Here is an idea, I've posted something like this before, but now might be the time to get this started.

You must race at least 3 races a month, at 3 different locations. The track owners would have to call in the results of the participating racers to a points keeper. It would Cost $5 a person to participate monthly. The person with the highest points at the end of the month would be the Florida Monthly Racer and receive a plaque and gift card for Gas that month. The top 3 persons at the end of the year would receive a Trophey and a gift of thier choise, purchased from the remaining money of the participating racers. The yearly racer could also put the money tward a larger purchase too. Other expenses from the money would be for website, admin fees like phone calls, ect. What would be nice about this is that if you raced 19t or nitro, beginner or expert class, it wouldn't matter, only how you placed, as long as it was a ligitimate class and race.

Does anybody feel this would help or hurt?
Does anybody think this would work?
well how about supporting your local track? If (for example) b and b is racing sunday and miami is also why not supoort your local track instead of driving 4 hours to support another one? then you guys wonder why the hobby is getting too expensive
Old 05-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

A problem I see with oval is there are many races on many weekends - but there are only so many racers. So all the races are trying to pull the same guys to their races. If there was more of a weekly crowd at each track in each town, wow this would be easy and we would have HUGE crowds for big races.

I know what everyone is saying!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
well how about supporting your local track? If (for example) b and b is racing sunday and miami is also why not supoort your local track instead of driving 4 hours to support another one? then you guys wonder why the hobby is getting too expensive
I don't complain about the expense of racing........I just wish thier was racing on Saturday, that way people could race 2 different locations a weekend.

I remember when I was racing Oval in the Carolina's. We would run Friday night, Saturday, Saturday Night, then Sunday. I would drive between Summerville, Rock Hill, Easley and North Augusta, for the weekend. It was fun then. A couple of us would ride together and go all over at least 2 or 3 times a month.

I give the most credit to Abner and Austin....those guys go all over to race and they are in it to have fun. I've never seen either one loose thier cool and its about having a good time, and sometimes they don't have the best luck .
Old 05-16-2007, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Having all those choices is a problem.I wish I had somewhere locally to race on Sundays- my day off.Everyone wants to run Friday night or Saturday afternoon.What ever happened to racing club races on sunday afternoon?
My comments are regarding electric on-road only.

Last edited by BullFrog; 05-16-2007 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't complain about the expense of racing........I just wish thier was racing on Saturday, that way people could race 2 different locations a weekend.
There is Saturday racing. The FSORS gas portion is on Saturdays and I know Daytona races Saturday evenings twice a month. Of course these are offroad but its still racing.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

I remember when I was racing Oval in the Carolina's. We would run Friday night, Saturday, Saturday Night, then Sunday. I would drive between Summerville, Rock Hill, Easley and North Augusta, for the weekend. It was fun then. A couple of us would ride together and go all over at least 2 or 3 times a month.

I give the most credit to Abner and Austin....those guys go all over to race and they are in it to have fun. I've never seen either one loose thier cool and its about having a good time, and sometimes they don't have the best luck .
yes Abner and Austin do travel alot!!
Old 05-16-2007, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kreidel
There is Saturday racing. The FSORS gas portion is on Saturdays and I know Daytona races Saturday evenings twice a month. Of course these are offroad but its still racing.
Hey Kevin when are you coming out to race? How are the kids??
Old 05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

James B., Tampa is and has been the 2nd and last weekend of the month except when I have a FORGASS event to be at.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Jim S;, I know that, but this weekend just seemed like everybody jumped to be a race weekend. See you Saturday.

My post was actualy to be read as Tracks, not that they were running the same day too. My bad for wording it wrong.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 427 COBRA
James B., Tampa is and has been the 2nd and last weekend of the month except when I have a FORGASS event to be at.
yeap,and that was an agrement by dan and dave not to compete. my 2 cents is that you cant count on people who drive a long way i wouldn't drive for a nitro 5-10 min main, if i could i would drive to port charlote beacuse its just like lakeland was.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.