Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Englewood, FL - May 26th (~30 min south of Bradenton) >

Englewood, FL - May 26th (~30 min south of Bradenton)

Englewood, FL - May 26th (~30 min south of Bradenton)

Old 05-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Englewood, FL - May 26th (~30 min south of Bradenton)

WEDU television will be covering road racing at Englewood on May 26th. A big crowd means more support from the community. Increased competition is a big plus as well.

The club races electric touring sedan (stock motor), gas sedan, and monster truck.

--If you race stock electric touring sedan, gas sedan, or monster truck we would really like you to show up.

See http://www.sarcar-inc.org/ for more information.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shep Cosby
WEDU television will be covering road racing at Englewood on May 26th. A big crowd means more support from the community. Increased competition is a big plus as well.

The club races electric touring sedan (stock motor), gas sedan, and monster truck.

--If you race stock electric touring sedan, gas sedan, or monster truck we would really like you to show up.

See http://www.sarcar-inc.org/ for more information.
thats a great looking track!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks

The guys in the club worked hard to put it together and to get approval from the city. The track has been a long time coming for most in the club. Englewood has been extremely supportive. They have first class city representatives.

Oh yeah - The racing takes place on Saturday nights.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

The guys in the club worked hard to put it together and to get approval from the city. The track has been a long time coming for most in the club. Englewood has been extremely supportive. They have first class city representatives.

Oh yeah - The racing takes place on Saturday nights.
you guys ever race on sunday mornings?
Old 05-15-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Old 05-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
one more track for you starling
Old 05-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Saturday nights only

Sorry, the only races are on Saturday night. This is but one of the differentiating features from the Port Charlotte club which is somewhat nearby.

Feel free to email track personnel at [email protected] and let them know your feelings. Saturday nights work very well for me and the current crew, but there is no reason why big events/other events cannot be held on Sunday. Electric sedans in particular do not represent a problem because of no/low noise.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, the only races are on Saturday night. This is but one of the differentiating features from the Port Charlotte club which is somewhat nearby.

Feel free to email track personnel at [email protected] and let them know your feelings. Saturday nights work very well for me and the current crew, but there is no reason why big events/other events cannot be held on Sunday. Electric sedans in particular do not represent a problem because of no/low noise.
im sure you can get a larger turn out on sunday mornings but what do i know
Old 05-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was just talking to another track owner today about racing on Saturday or Saturday night.

Florida has something right now that sucks...too much racing on the 3rd Sunday of every month. You have Homestead, Port Charlote, B&B, Kissimmee, Tampa and P&P, all on the same day. Wierd that everybody wants to race the same time....doesn't make sense does it.

It is only hurting attendance everywhere! With all the tracks around, it would be nice to run a monthly series between all the tracks.

It would be great to run a 3 day race series all in 1 weekend. 3 races-1 weekend-3 locations. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. It would make more sense than everybody running the same day, hell, thier is 30 days in a month, you can't tell everybody that out of 30 days, you have to choose a favorite and forget everybody else.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default agree

Most of the guys at this track stick, for the most part, to this track. As for coordination, you are definitely correct. There does not seem to be any coordination for many of the tracks.

One thing that I have read time and time again about electric sedan is attendance is falling. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some very public races 12-8 weeks before Christmas around high traffic areas. Have local hobby shops sell kits/RTRs on the spot. Pitch the whole Father/son/daughter thing and have the hobby shops create a flyer with all the tracks and websites stapled to the kit box. I have always felt that the hobby shops sold cars, but not the racing. I realize racing isn't for everyone, but I have often wondered where all the buyers are for parts that are out of stock for my XRay. Seems to me there are people that are just unaware of the racing.

The second thing I think would draw bigger attendance is for local teams of 4 to compete as a team. The team atmosphere has a tendency to pull people out of the house and provide and excuse for the family types to sneak out as well.

Feel free to let the folks at the track know about other races. I'm just a self appointed word spreader -- I want more electric sedan racing at this track. I never see this track listed on these boards so I thought I would make people aware of it's existence.

I race at this track because it is the closest to my home and Saturday night is very convienent for me. I am extemely busy and this track races every other Saturday on a dependable basis.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

nice track, how large is it?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice looking track.Trying to get people to attend that's a full time job.I can't get people to show up for a free race series with the cheap Bolink Legends cars (Bolink.com). But I'd suggest your group look at legends as a cheap car to start with and modify the rules alittle for your area.
With the price of travel going up more people might decide to stay home.But then the competion might not quite be the same as a state race.Getting people to show up for local events takes dedication. Just because you build a track does not mean people will show.Having hobby shows try to promote things in the christmas time is imposible for most ( man-power). But if you have club members that will do it that's great. good luck with your track.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Nice facilty... We race in an old rink , similar to the old courts.... I have been noticing a little uptick in Elecric sedan aorund here. The combination of Brushless and Lipo is getting some people to take another look at Electric...
Old 05-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

James B. Tampa is and has been the 2nd and last weekend of the month except when I have a FORGASS event to be at.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Track Size

The track area is two tennis courts wide (including out of bounds area) minus 15 feet lengthwise for drivers stand and timekeeper/official tent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.