Dear Mr President

Reply

Old 05-03-2007, 08:26 PM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Dear Mr President

Dear Mr President and Staff of FORGASS

Excited as I am about the New season 2008 I have mixed feelings.
I was unable to attend the sour grapes race just like many others.
It has however been brought to my attention that we have a 7 race
schedule with one drop. I was also informed however that the schedule nor the alocation of the races were discussed.Hectic as it is, our new track Port charolette has 2 races, Kissimmee 2, Ft myers 2 and Homestead 1.
For the guys living up north this is a great plan, they are already
right there. I not sure if you are aware the average cost of a hotel
stay in that area is about $120.00 average, Kissimmee not so bad.
I guess what I am trying to say sh$t is expensive.

This bring s me to my next question, Why is it that homestead set for the last race in the schedule better yet why only one race? This track has been established before Port charollette was it not? Better yet if given only 1 rave why was it given the LAST race. Before the last race all being said and done you know pretty much where you stand for the season and there is NO
motivation to attend that race.

What I'm proposing is simply this give Homestead a better race
possibly the 1st race (usually the best turn out- WE ALL HAVE TO EAT)
or 2 races (which will be over exending the racers as it already has). Lets be fair.

Tino
ROAR member
trickd122 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:50 PM
  #2  
occ
Tech Addict
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 575
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Ok.

Moderators, please move this to the regional section.
occ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:19 AM
  #3  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MIAMI,FL.
Posts: 52
Thumbs down FLEECING OF DADE AND BROWARD FORGASS RACERS

THANKS TINO FOR YOUR INPUT. MAYBE WE CAN GET SOUTHEAST FLORIDA RACERS TO REALIZE WHAT IS TAKING PLACE! PURE GREED!!!!!
JROD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
  #4  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 22
Default

I hav eto totally agree with the earlier posts regarding the proposed 2007-2008 Forgass Series.

Does Forgass solely represent the West Coast & Central Florida racers?

With the single largest contingent of Florida racers residing within the Miami/Broward area (who historically have been some of the strongest supporters of past Forgass series!); it would seem that at the very least, Miami should have been granted an equal share of the important upcoming race dates!

Whereas I cannot speak for any others, I for one will find it very difficult to lend support to a proposed series that is so blatantly playing favoritism to their own local interests and apparently donít seem to care about lending any support to the Miami/Broward racers!
ADMugen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:47 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
rcfoolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,327
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Its hard for me to read this post.....Please read.

I read these posts as the actions of others are trying to end FORGAS state race series.

I'm sorry that people feel that they are not being catered to because they now have a track in their back yard. So, what about the rest of the racers around the state, I guess we have to travel even more? The closest race track that runs the FORGAS series races it 2 1/2 hours from my house.

Lets face it...racing has never been cheap...never has, never will. All that I have been hearing is that people are against this, and people are against that.....keep it up and thier won't be any more racing in Florida....is that what people want?

Be happy that you have a race close to home. When I go away for a weekend of racing, I have to provide a babysitter for my son, a hotel for me, travel expense such as food, drinks and gas, not to mention the actual entry fee and racing expense.....The average race weekend for me starts out at $500min by the time I get everything paid..... Thats over $3500 for seven races!
I don't think that anybody has any room to say anything if they didn't attend and support the sour grapes race. That is where this should have been all exposed.

If anybody feels that anything is unfair, look around at all the other racers first. It just happens that thier is 2 tracks on the west coast of Florida. 3 years ago, it was the same thing when Naples was running and there was a track at Royal Palm.

Something else to think about. Ft Myers has in the past been able to provide to FORGASS at the drop of a hat when others were not able to fulfill thier obligations for races. Didn't Homestead have 2 races this year, in which Ft Myers picked up 1 when they were having difficulties. But also don't you think it was ironic that Homestead held a race the same weekend of the Sourgrapes at Mt Myers? The sourgrapes is where voting and voicing your opinion on next years schedule is it to be done, its always been that way.
Forgass accomidated Homestead for the RCPro series which in turn drove the Hotel room prices up because it was St Patricks day, even making it more expensive for the racers who attended.

So Keep it up and then all your racing will be at Homestead because thier will be no more State Series racing.
rcfoolz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:48 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
rcfoolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,327
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JROD
THANKS TINO FOR YOUR INPUT. MAYBE WE CAN GET SOUTHEAST FLORIDA RACERS TO REALIZE WHAT IS TAKING PLACE! PURE GREED!!!!!
GREED? What are you talking about?
rcfoolz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:57 PM
  #7  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (87)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,294
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Its hard for me to read this post.....Please read.

I read these posts as the actions of others are trying to end FORGAS state race series.

I'm sorry that people feel that they are not being catered to because they now have a track in their back yard. So, what about the rest of the racers around the state, I guess we have to travel even more? The closest race track that runs the FORGAS series races it 2 1/2 hours from my house.

Lets face it...racing has never been cheap...never has, never will. All that I have been hearing is that people are against this, and people are against that.....keep it up and thier won't be any more racing in Florida....is that what people want?

Be happy that you have a race close to home. When I go away for a weekend of racing, I have to provide a babysitter for my son, a hotel for me, travel expense such as food, drinks and gas, not to mention the actual entry fee and racing expense.....The average race weekend for me starts out at $500min by the time I get everything paid..... Thats over $3500 for seven races!
I don't think that anybody has any room to say anything if they didn't attend and support the sour grapes race. That is where this should have been all exposed.

If anybody feels that anything is unfair, look around at all the other racers first. It just happens that thier is 2 tracks on the west coast of Florida. 3 years ago, it was the same thing when Naples was running and there was a track at Royal Palm.

Something else to think about. Ft Myers has in the past been able to provide to FORGASS at the drop of a hat when others were not able to fulfill thier obligations for races. Didn't Homestead have 2 races this year, in which Ft Myers picked up 1 when they were having difficulties. But also don't you think it was ironic that Homestead held a race the same weekend of the Sourgrapes at Mt Myers? The sourgrapes is where voting and voicing your opinion on next years schedule is it to be done, its always been that way.
Forgass accomidated Homestead for the RCPro series which in turn drove the Hotel room prices up because it was St Patricks day, even making it more expensive for the racers who attended.

So Keep it up and then all your racing will be at Homestead because thier will be no more State Series racing.
Well said There are so many other areas that don't have organized racing & it's much easier to lose it than gain it.
GMartinez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:21 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

..

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 05-04-2007 at 07:42 PM.
rmdhawaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:20 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
 
mugendude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 366
Default

the races are all spread out and i think they are well spread because if we had more races in kissimee then the guys down south have to spend hotels and if we have them all around its better for everyone rgardless where we have the races we have to get hotels. just remember the rc hobby is not cheap at all
mugendude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:18 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Corona Ca.
Posts: 2,834
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Dear Mr President

Be thankful for ANY track that you can run on.
One of the best tracks in So Ca. just closed down about a month ago, and everyone here would be thankful to have a track like we once had.
As they said, this hobby is not cheap.
There is more to it than just buying your equipment.
brc358 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:55 PM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (87)
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,294
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by brc358
Be thankful for ANY track that you can run on.
One of the best tracks in So Ca. just closed down about a month ago, and everyone here would be thankful to have a track like we once had.
As they said, this hobby is not cheap.
There is more to it than just buying your equipment.
GMartinez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:34 PM
  #12  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MIAMI,FL.
Posts: 52
Default PLAY WIT IT !!!!!!!!!!!

RCFOOL,YOU ARE SAYING THAT BECAUSE HOMESTEAD HAD A CONFLICTING RACE DATE WITH PORT CHARLOTTE THIS MEANS THAT IT IS PAYBACK TIME FOR HOMESTEAD. 4 TRACKS,8 RACES = FORT-3 RACES ,PORT-2 RACES, KISSIMMEE-2 AND HOMESTEAD-1 GO FIGURE, JUST LOOKIN FOR SOME FAIRNESS FOLKS. RC FOOL MAYBE YOU SHOULD OPEN YOUR OWN TRACK AND YOU WONT HAVE TO DRIVE SO FAR AND SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY AND THEN WE WILL HAVE 5 TRACKS.
JROD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:33 AM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
rcfoolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,327
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JROD
RCFOOL,YOU ARE SAYING THAT BECAUSE HOMESTEAD HAD A CONFLICTING RACE DATE WITH PORT CHARLOTTE THIS MEANS THAT IT IS PAYBACK TIME FOR HOMESTEAD. 4 TRACKS,8 RACES = FORT-3 RACES ,PORT-2 RACES, KISSIMMEE-2 AND HOMESTEAD-1 GO FIGURE, JUST LOOKIN FOR SOME FAIRNESS FOLKS. RC FOOL MAYBE YOU SHOULD OPEN YOUR OWN TRACK AND YOU WONT HAVE TO DRIVE SO FAR AND SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY AND THEN WE WILL HAVE 5 TRACKS.
Attack, attack, attack.....you don't get it. A conflicting race date? How can that be? The schedule had been out for almost 6 months, long before the Homestead track was even up and running. What are YOU saying? Payback, Payback for what? Forgass accomidated Homestead by moving a "scheduled" race date. Nobody came to the Sourgrapes from Homestead to represent themselves, instead they put a race on the same weekend,(which had been planned for a full year) pulling the attendance down from a Forgass event.

Open my own track....I've got everything to do it, but why? (about 2 years ago I was in the process of doing so....) Thier is 3 tracks within a 45min drive, but they don't have enough racers to support THEM! We may have a good thing going in Florida right now, but you know what they say about too much of a good thing? Besides, if you knew where I lived, hardly anybody would show up.

Something that EVERYBODY needs to know about running a track: You don't open a track to make money. You open a track because you love the hobby enough to extend your hospitality to all racers alike. All racers need to realize that it only takes 1 person to ruin everything, whoever supports that person needs to realize that once its ruined and racing goes away, it will be very difficult to get it back... This is what happened in the Carolina's in 2000-2001. They had a conflict between track owners and the regional races. One person started yapping thier trap and next thing you know, every track closed except the one person who was disgruntled. A year later, that track closed down too. The track owners that had been thier for years just got fed up with hearing about all the bickering and enough was enough. And the races got hurt in the long run.
Is this what you want?

Try to find a track in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georga or Alabama. Georga has 1 track that is about to be bull-dozed(Sugar Hill, just outside Atlanta). I've raced that track all through 2001-2002-2003 when I lived in Charleston, South Carolina. South Carolina has 2 tracks (Easley and Rock Hill) and North Carlina has 1 track behind a skating rink that they took half the track and converted it over to dirt. We have more tracks in Florida from Kissimmee south than all of 3 other states. We should be very Greatful and thank the track operators for taking the time and energy to maintain these facilities, not by stiring up everybody, making people choose sides.

What am I saying? This thread is pointless. We need to be thankfull of the tracks we have. If a track owner feels that they are being treated unfair, they need to respectfuly withdrawl from the series and do thier own thing, or put thier differences aside and support what Florida has left, not hold races on series race weekends. Don't ruin what we have left, decide what side you are on and if you wish to continue this. If everybody in Miami is this unhappy, then why didn't they attend the Sourgrapes and voice thier oppinion, that was the time and place to do it, not here on this thread, and definitly not by holding a race on the same date.

Oh, I almost forgot, you don't have to worry about me having to spend all my money going to races......If I coulnd't afford to race, I wouldn't go racing....I'm a little smarter than that, not much smarter, but a little..
rcfoolz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:39 AM
  #14  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
kcrunchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: WWW.MAXAMPS.COM
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Not to step in and rock the boat but I have to say that it is better to work together and try and keep racing together and fun. Like said earlier this will never be cheap as far as the financial gains that are assumed to be made at track this is a joke as expenses to maintain always out weigh exaggerated profits. Our club in NY here does not own the facility but we built it on the sweat and money of the racers.

There will always be those that speak of ill gotten gains and ramp id profits but it is hard to make a cake without breaking a few eggs. It is rare to have so many places to race, it is also hard to maintain a schedule that suits your local racers and not upset another club if you host a race on a given weekend. What must be taken into consideration is the racers that DO NOT travel at all. What happens to them are they to suffer because another club host a race and does not want you to have a race that would conflict. IF conflicting schedules are in fact an issues club president and or club managers or owners should have a sit down and come up with a viable plan and stick to it.

I have experienced all of the statements and more stated above and am only sharing my concern for RC racing as a whole. We as racers need not to fan the flames but often try and find ways to keep and maintain all clubs and take all of our attendees and HOME racers into consideration. It will be very often that a finger is pointed or blame is cast but honestly it is easy to criticize and so much harder to construct and build feasible plans that are cohesive for all. Like many have told me nothing worth while comes easy and if that is the case then we all should be striving to get to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow together. KEY WORD BEING TOGETHER
kcrunchone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:24 AM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
rcfoolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,327
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

You know, a friend told me the other day that he is switching over to off-road because all the drama in On-road.......this is exactly what he was talking about........As a racer, I just want to have fun, lets bring the fun back into racing.

What is going on right now is what has happened in electric On-road last year here in Florida... Has anybody seen what Electric Onroad is like now? Its almost dead.....Unless we get together and hash all this out, Nitro might end up like electric.....lets not alow this to happen!!!!!
rcfoolz is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service