Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
help marcosj get the most worthless post >

help marcosj get the most worthless post

help marcosj get the most worthless post

Old 02-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default help marcosj get the most worthless post

hey marcos how was it running against hara at the birds?

Edited by mod

Last edited by TimPotter; 02-15-2007 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Bad???? He felt Hara-bull. Zinger!

J/k dood.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Brian, keep your comments that defame to yourself. Good rule of thumb, is this.... If you have to ask yourself if it is borderline, then it probably is...

Also, it is one thing if it is in good fun, but this does not appear to be so.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I agree with Tim on this one.

And if you actually watched the races, you would remember that Hara broke all on his own in mod, and it had nothing to do with Marcos or the other mod cars that were off the pace. I remember in round 4 when Hara was on the track with the rest of the cars that were off the pace, they all gave him more than enough room, and he still broke on his own in the chicane. Just goes to show that everyone is human, and even the best of the best can have a bad week at the track.

I give Marcos props for running mod with the pros; at least he had the cahonies to do it.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
hey marcos how was it running against hara at the birds?

Edited by mod
Didn't see you at the birds at least his has the balls to race mod stock boy
Old 02-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by A. Rhodes
I agree with Tim on this one.

And if you actually watched the races, you would remember that Hara broke all on his own in mod, and it had nothing to do with Marcos or the other mod cars that were off the pace. I remember in round 4 when Hara was on the track with the rest of the cars that were off the pace, they all gave him more than enough room, and he still broke on his own in the chicane. Just goes to show that everyone is human, and even the best of the best can have a bad week at the track.

I give Marcos props for running mod with the pros; at least he had the cahonies to do it.
hara didn't break in the 4th round. he broke all others but not the 4th one.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Didn't see you at the birds at least his has the balls to race mod stock boy

b-main stock rubber he was there....
Old 02-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fast track
hara didn't break in the 4th round. he broke all others but not the 4th one.
My mistake, must have been round 3. What happened to him in round 4 then?
Old 02-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hell,this is all for fun.marcos tried his best.even if he was in over his head,he still tried and had fun.its not like stock was any better.it was full of pros just like mod was.hell,a stock guy won 19 turn over the pros.what does that tell you
Old 02-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by protc3
not like stock was any better.it was full of pros just like mod was.
Exactly; and you don't see this guy starting threads about the people that kept Drew out of the show
Old 02-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by A. Rhodes
My mistake, must have been round 3. What happened to him in round 4 then?
Everybody hit him.. and after the run he said it was his own fault that he was in that quilifer. he still did like 29 laps.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by protc3
hell,this is all for fun.marcos tried his best.even if he was in over his head,he still tried and had fun.its not like stock was any better.it was full of pros just like mod was.hell,a stock guy won 19 turn over the pros.what does that tell you
I am with you jason but in all honesty try telling that to the mod drivers that most of them were unhappy with it ( and its not just marcos there where others). And in stock and 19 turn the mod drivers know they are racing against not so good drivers but when they race mod they don't want to run with non mod drivers. I am just saying maybe a little more practice before running mod at that level. Come to the state race and run all year in mod and go from there. We have a great series in Florida and its a stepping stone to bigger and better things.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Hah! I tried running mod locally so that I could feel more comfortable running it at large races and look what happened there? I personally have to give Marcos serious props for running mod at the birds this year. I mean, he didn't do the best but he tried. Hell, look how I finished when I ran it two years ago, but you know what, I had fun. I had a lot of people come up to me (and some bypass me and tell my mother!) that I shouldn't be running the class! But I did anyways and I had a good time and did my best to stay out of everyone's way. I got into a wreck in the club race with Mike Blackstock and apologized and he told me not to worry - that the wreck was his fault. Then I told him that I was going to switch to Stock or 19t, wherever there was room, because I was being pressured to by people who weren't even running! He told me not to, to just go out there and have fun, and that race turned out to be the best time I've ever had at the race track. I didn't run mod the following year because I'd had to go back to the track and listen to people saying constantly how "the pros don't want to be on the track with slow people - they want quality practice time before the nats", so I stopped running it. I got out of practice. I lost the confidence I'd had on the track and seriously almost got out of the hobby altogether due to the way I was being treated. It was H.S. drama all over again! I know not "everyone" wanted me out of mod class (or maybe they did and just never said it to my face), but it sure felt like it. I know a lot of people are doing this to Marcos now, and you know what I say? Maybe he's not the fastest guy on the track but at least he had the guts to do what everyone else only ever dreams of doing in this hobby. [/rant]
Old 02-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

toni There is a difference of racing mod and getting out of people's way when they run up on you. And it wasn't just Marcos who was in the way. There is a right way and the wrong way to this and I believe you got the wrong way and the way they handle it. But on the other hand mod racing is these peoples jobs and if they don't place in the A main because of something someone else did the owner doesn't care. He just cares that they made it to the A main. And yes they should learn to drive around slower traffic but when slower traffic takes you out then there is a problem. If you race mod and can't move out the way without causing a crash then you can run mod but if you can't do that then you should not run mod.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

p.s you can run what every you want at my track. even mod Mini Z

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service