Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good hobby shop in Miami?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Default Good hobby shop in Miami?

Someone from Italy emailed me and is in town, needs to know a good place in Miami for RC car stuff... anyone shoot me some info? Thanks!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

depends on what they are looking for. Crown Hobbies in Miami is great for gas cars. For electric I would recommend MDI which is about 45min from miami (depending on what part of miami you're coming from).
Old 01-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Mike you have Pm, there are 3 electric shops here in broward no need to drive 1 1/2 hrs to palm beach. That a hell of a hike for an out of towner.

Info in the pm! Good day!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, sorry to revive this old post but I´m wondering about an update.
I will be in Miami for vacation so I wonder if there are some good shops that carry electric.
I want to get an associated shortcourse truck and probably a slash too. Since I'm out of town something in the area would be nice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You can try Extreme Hobbies, it is a block down from Crown Hobbies. They are in Miami on 24th St right of 826.

7253 S.W. 24st Miami, Florida 33155

Really don't know what they have in stock as far as SCT. Warrick Hobbies and RC Hobbies near Plantation and Sunrise have a nice selection of SC trucks and parts. At Extreme Hobbies in Miami (there is also one in Broward CO., not the same) they have flyers for an off-road track in Miami. I have actually never been. I work in Miami, but live in Pembroke Pines. The tracks off-road tracks I have been to are the South Florida Dirt Oval R/C Club at South County Regional Park, Boca Raton, Fl. West of 441; we race oval and we have a SCT track and Coral Springs RC Club. There is also an off-road track at Mills Pond Park.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Rufus, call Warrick, you will not be disappointed... In Broward/Dade, they are the best for sure..

Originally Posted by Rufus2000
Hi, sorry to revive this old post but I´m wondering about an update.
I will be in Miami for vacation so I wonder if there are some good shops that carry electric.
I want to get an associated shortcourse truck and probably a slash too. Since I'm out of town something in the area would be nice. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

RC Hobbies in Tamarac. They carry EVERYTHING across all brands. If you want SC truck go there as they have them all. Probably 35-45 minutes depending on traffic and your location in Miami.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

And...At the South Florida Dirt Oval R/C Club at South County Regional Park, Boca Raton, Fl; tomorrow is the start of our Short Course Truck race series. Racing starts at 1:00!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, I'm definitely getting the truck in one of those shops, thanks for all the advise. Good thing that my brother will be there for the superbowl in just a few days so maybe I'll tell him to go get one for me... However it would be much nicer to just go there, rent a car, and look for it myself... maybe even visit a nice track, but that's still a couple of months away.
Happy shortcourse racing