Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Coral Spring Is up Running!!!!!!!! >

Coral Spring Is up Running!!!!!!!!

Coral Spring Is up Running!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default Coral Spring Is up Running!!!!!!!!

Alright guys I am here to announce great news to all South Florida r/c racers! What a great new year surprize for all!!!!

Coralsprings Road Runners " onroad" club will now be hosting races on the first weekend of everymonth Starting January 13, 2007

The Schedule will be ; Oval on Saturday Track opens at 9:00am.
Racing starts at 12:30pm.

Road Racing will be on Sunday, with the same start
Time as listed for the oval.

Guys the first race is this saturday, road course wont be ready for this weekend but please come out for support and to discuss the classes for onroad.

Bob Husted is now the new track operator/owner. We have racing folks so lets come out and support the track!!!

Bring tables, chairs and shade. Power is available so no generators required. We also have plenty of room for parking track side for cars and trailers.

Happy NewYear to all!!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

This is GREAT news I'll try and go up the first weekend if only to practice.

Finally Hector had something good to post

Bob did a great job running it before and I'm sure this time it won't be any different.

Roly
Old 01-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
This is GREAT news I'll try and go up the first weekend if only to practice.

Finally Hector had something good to post

Bob did a great job running it before and I'm sure this time it won't be any different.

Roly
Thanks Roly! We needed the track up and running again bad.

Roly keep in mind he hasnt set up the road course yet. If you like it would be nice for you to at least show up so Bob see's there is interest and help EASE the pain of getting this up and running.

Every body please even though the track is set up for oval this weekend please pass by and say hello. The track will be designed in a way that will make it crossover with out much effort like the birds.

Come on out guys!!
Bring the tourers just to lap!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Default OK lets do this!

Alright! Bobby boy is back in charge, this is going to be good! Alright everyone, lets show Bob the support he needs and turn out, including the touring guys this Saturday! We have been whining for this track to re-open so now we need to turn out!

Hector, you know Tim Moon took over the off road side and is making it a electric only track right? He will run nitro but 10th scale stadium only so the track should work out great for us electric guys.

Ok boys and girls, bring your helping hands, smiles, cars and donations and lets have some fun!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Good deal guys... CS has a great track, I will see aobut getting some peeps form up here to come help out. We have a track work day this saturday too...
Old 01-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hungbrush
Alright! Bobby boy is back in charge, this is going to be good! Alright everyone, lets show Bob the support he needs and turn out, including the touring guys this Saturday! We have been whining for this track to re-open so now we need to turn out!

Hector, you know Tim Moon took over the off road side and is making it a electric only track right? He will run nitro but 10th scale stadium only so the track should work out great for us electric guys.

Ok boys and girls, bring your helping hands, smiles, cars and donations and lets have some fun!
Yes I heard.

JIM I HEAR ITS GOING TO HAVE A DIRT OVAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my b-3 buggy ready for offroad also waitng for the track to start racing.

You still got your offroad car?

I am chilling out from the big races except the birds for bit. Just trying to have fun for a little running different stuff.

Tim its cool I know you guys have alot of work to do for the Sfeara race. Hopefully we'll get it working smooth and get a little series going between tracks!!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Hector I still have a off roader laying around here somewhere, dirt oval huh...

Gettin back to the on road, I have to get my 12th scale out and see if I can stay on the same lap as you!

I will be there Sat, probably not running so much as giving Bob and you a hand.

I have a Tamiya TA05 that i built but never set up maybe i can get that going.

Well looking forward to seeing some old faces as well as some new ones!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hungbrush
Hector I still have a off roader laying around here somewhere, dirt oval huh...

Gettin back to the on road, I have to get my 12th scale out and see if I can stay on the same lap as you!

I will be there Sat, probably not running so much as giving Bob and you a hand.

I have a Tamiya TA05 that i built but never set up maybe i can get that going.

Well looking forward to seeing some old faces as well as some new ones!
Just bring anything out to the track, everyone has a car to shake the cob webbs of!

Actually Jim I have A tamiya mini with alfa body. I was actually comptemplating staring a mini class.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

where is the track?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

is the dirt track open also or just the on road ive heard this is a more of an electric scene track is that true.does anyone have pics up yet i heard they also changed the track some.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

http://www.fseara.org/clubs/coralsprings.htm

there is a small map...
Old 01-05-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slowpokeRRR
is the dirt track open also or just the on road ive heard this is a more of an electric scene track is that true.does anyone have pics up yet i heard they also changed the track some.
As far as onroad no nitro as of yet. Due to the last hurricane that went thru there it knocked ( blew trees down) the sound buffer between the Apartments and the track.

Yes offroad is an electric track also , they will not be having 1/8th buggy's or trucks anymore. Pass by saturday we will have more info on the offroad side too.

The track has electric in mind it wont have HUGE jumps or rutts to deal with.

I think the only nitro will be 1/10 nitro stadium trucks. I will get a hold of the offroad clubs rep and get info on the offroad.

Hector.

Thanks Tim for posting the address.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Bob Hunted Me Down!

So I was sitting at the intersection at Ramblewood and University, going to my next job and on the phone with my boss and guess who pulls up next to me and said HEY are you going to the track to help me out! Yep, it was Bob, so I got the last repair of the day out of the way and went back to the track to help Bob with the drivers stand, we reapaired the stairs and he bought some new wood for the deck/floor.
Hope to see alot of you out there tomorrow, if not to run some laps , at least stop by and say hi!
He has alot of cool ideas so lets get some racing back at CS!

SouthEastRC Hobbies/XS Power/Custom Works/Empty Wallet!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Well thankyou's are in order for the group that showed up today. Bob did and excellant job preparing the track. There were 8 cars today which is a great start to having no racing in the last year. Shout out to those that came out.

Next Race date will be Feb 3rd. We will have a cross over race track catering to Road Course and Oval. There is a flavor for all.

Also the Offroad track is coming together Spoke with Tim today, it looks as if practice will be in a couple weeks for Offroad. I will keep you all posted with updates.

Have a great week!

Hector.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Initiate

It was a nice today at the springs, it was cool to see alot of old faces out there! Russ,Hector, Bob, roll call would take to long to type out, but it was good to see everyone! Mark was working on the loop, Bob was worrying about everything, just like old times!
I will post some pics tomorrow when I have some time.
See everyone next time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service