Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
The new ROAR thread. AKA who the heck is Tater and what is he gonna do for Region 4? >

The new ROAR thread. AKA who the heck is Tater and what is he gonna do for Region 4?

The new ROAR thread. AKA who the heck is Tater and what is he gonna do for Region 4?

Old 12-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default The new ROAR thread. AKA who the heck is Tater and what is he gonna do for Region 4?

Yo Tater,

ROAR sucks lol....not. You've got the ball dog so what is on your agenda? I know LIPOS and brushless advances are needed and wanted in off-road.
Where are the on-road guys with this subject? Oval?

I'd like to suggest a membership wide call to all of Reg 4 to get new folks to type up and email you race reports so we can have better representation in the Rev-Up.

Also what can we do to repair the damage (which I don't know a lot about) with the oval guys. I know for the most part they prefer to choose to not use or support ROAR. It's a new day what can we do differently?

Last edited by woodman; 12-26-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You know something, Tater might be the best that has ever come into the region, BUT......I hadn't heard anything from him here. An announcement from him would have been nice. And probably would have created a less hostile environment for the other thread.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
You know something, Tater might be the best that has ever come into the region, BUT......I hadn't heard anything from him here. An announcement from him would have been nice. And probably would have created a less hostile environment for the other thread.
well james i agree with you but in the ROAR rules it doesnt say that you have to announce anything in RCTECH or anyother forum ( that I know of)
Old 12-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys
Tater has not been authorized access to this site yet just as soon as he is I guarentee he will be here.
Dennis
Old 12-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What Dennis said. I'm working to resolve his log on issues this evening.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Tater has his own forum, so you can get a hold of him there too.

http://www.tatersrcworld.com/phpBB2/
Old 12-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Or http://saranetserve.com/fsorsforum/index.php

Ill get with don Woods and have him make Tater his own spot.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

I moved to Florida 5 years ago. I moved from SC. I moved so that my Wife could be closer to her family. Part of my moving to Florida was so that I could continue racing r/c Oval, dirt and nitro On-road. I've tried to get out of racing for a few years, but I just can't bring myself to do it. With that said, I have a lot of time on my hands to figure out what or where I want to race. Since I came to florida, it took me a little while to decide what I liked best, on-or-off road because what seems like a no brainer, race every weekend, isn't that simple! Has anybody ever noticed that off-road and Nitro On-road has almost the same dates for the whole state series? The electric on the other hand has different ones.

To make sure that you don't have 2 state races at the same time would be of great value to growing the sport(oh, my bad, HOBBY) in Florida in my eye's, because for the past few years, you had to make a choice. If I could run both point series for the whole year without having to make a decision as to which race, I would run both. (Sorry, I just don't get electric onroad, however, I do like electric Oval)
OFF-ROAD RACE DATES FOR 2007 SEASON
#1 Triple nickel raceway Dec 09-10 Bartow
#2 Ocala Raceway jan 13-14
#3 B&B Raceway------------------Feb 17-18 Tampa Area
#4 Mills Pond raceway------------Mar 03-04 Mills Pond
#5 Hurricane raceway------------Apr 14-15
#6 Strickland raceway------------May 19-20 Daytona
#7 Farmers raceway-------------Jun 09-10
#8 TO BE ANNOUNCED----------Jul 14-15

FORGAS ON-ROAD DATES SEVERAL CONFLICTING DATES
#1 September 9th and 10th, 2006 - Fort Myers Civic Center
#2 October 28th and 29th, 2006 - Kissimmee KRaceway
#3 November 11th and 12th, 2006 - Fort Myers Civic Center
#4 December 9th and 10th, 2006 - Homestead
#5 January 13th and 14th, 2007 - Fort Myers Civic Center
WINTERNATIONALS FEB 11-16 - FORT MYERS
#6 March 3rd and 4th, 2007 - Kissimmee KRaceway
#7 March 24th and 25th, 2007- Port Charlotte - Charlotte RC Raceway

ELECTRIC SEASON SCHEDLUE NO CONFLICTING DATES
January 20-21 2007
February 6-11 SNOWBIRDS
March 17-18 2007
April 21-22 2007
May 19-20 2007
June 9-10 2007
July Off
August Off
September 15-16 2007
October 20-21 2007
Old 12-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

So, Tater, do you feel that this should be fixed?
Old 12-27-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

rcfoolz - I know what you mean about deciding which series to go with when there are date conflicts. I race the FSEARA and FOCARs series and those two usually have two to three conflicts but this year seems to be different. NO CONFLICTS....Since you like electric oval, here's the dates we have FOCARs which is our state series for oval. Granted its not a ROAR series, but it's racing.

saturday april 28th mtr speedway
saturday may 26th strickland r/c club
saturday june 23rd hobby world
saturday august 4th superior hobbies
saturday september 22nd fast tracks
saturday october 27th speedline/quaker steak and lube
Old 12-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Even though you do not run Electric Onroad, for you own info... We do our best to schedule on the 3rd weekend of the month. We do this so we can try and be as consistant as possible for our racers. We also do our best to avoid conflicts with any of the Larger races. Most of the time our schedule does not conflict with the Forgass schedule, at least when Jarrod Pilone was writing it, we would discuss any conflicts. I believe FORGASS shoots for the second weekend of the month, except for March, when they generally have 2 races in that month.

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Has anybody ever noticed that off-road and Nitro On-road has almost the same dates for the whole state series? The electric on the other hand has different ones.

To make sure that you don't have 2 state races at the same time would be of great value to growing the sport(oh, my bad, HOBBY) in Florida in my eye's, because for the past few years, you had to make a choice. If I could run both point series for the whole year without having to make a decision as to which race, I would run both.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Did you even notice that the On-road electric and Off-road Nitro Regionals were on the same weekend this year? Tater Melton didn't have anything to do with that.
Tater is a good and fair man. Tater loves racing and the people in racing.
With 50 weekends of racing a year. (Taking off for Easter and Christmas)
It would be impossible to be at every race for every series in fla.
Oh! It could be done if you were retired and had won the Lotto.
Every series has a director and knows everyone in their series.
There are many ROAR tracks in Fla. anyone of which can bid on Regional and National events.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Can we just let this go!! We live in a world of conflicts and political issues. We have a beautiful hobby thats being tainted by people that do nothing but whine.
We all work hard during the week and look forward to racing, but when all you hear is complaining that "people arent comming out"," roar sucks", " the scheduling", " our rights", amongst other things. People dont want to hear about B.S. Democracy and the right to vote which isnt the problem.
If there are those that want change in the region take this to the roar thread. Talking about it here doesnt do anything for your cause!! I suggest keep pounding this in the roar forums where it will be heared. Plus whats another stupid political scandel for our state. The rest of the nation thinks there are idiots down here.
Go ahead keep making it worse!

Go ahead here starts the flamers!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

RCfools
Im the one that does the FSORS schedule and I have been doing it for years.
You are the first one to bring that to my attention
I had no idea that there was another series running on the second weekend I knew that the FSEARA raced on the third weekend and the only reason that i knew that was I raced that series in the earley 90's.
Thank you
Dennis
Old 12-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

I agree that most of the Nitro On-road guys don't run off-road, but I was running both when I was in SC. Actualy, I was running Oval too. I didn't mean to slam anybody on this topic, but with all the complaining on the thread, this was something that the region director should have had a hand in, in my thoughts.

Read:
When I was interested in starting a sedan only series, I was blasted because some felt that it was going to pull much needed racers from the electric series and as far as the nitro series goes, it would have been just more run time for about 15 or so. What I was wanting to do is have a 1 day event, 3 qualifiers and mains. I didn't want the series to start out as a 100 entry event, just get 20 or 30 guys together, run 19turn electric and nitro. and the key was, to race tracks that didn't get much racing, bring some money into the smaller tracks and give the local scene some exposure to fun racing. I had so much hate emails from the electric guys that they claimed that they hated watching Nitro touring cars and nobody would come. Weather they liked it or not, I guess it seems to me that nobody likes changes in Florida.

I hope this isn't too far over people's heads.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service