Announcement from ROAR

Old 12-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Announcement from ROAR

ROAR ANNOUNCEMENTS

12/20/06 New Region 4 Director Appointed

Aaron Melton has been named ROAR Region 4 Director.

Also known as 'Tater' in the racing community, Aaron is chiefly recognizable in the off-road sector. He has expressed a genuine desire to do the job and will probably request an on-road assistant to aid in covering the large racing area which is Region 4.

Thanks for stepping up, 'Tater!'

From ROAR racing . org
Old 12-20-2006, 10:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dennisthemennac
ROAR ANNOUNCEMENTS

12/20/06 New Region 4 Director Appointed

Aaron Melton has been named ROAR Region 4 Director.

Also known as 'Tater' in the racing community, Aaron is chiefly recognizable in the off-road sector. He has expressed a genuine desire to do the job and will probably request an on-road assistant to aid in covering the large racing area which is Region 4.

Thanks for stepping up, 'Tater!'

From ROAR racing . org
oh boy , where is davepull?? well he will be on here soon
Old 12-21-2006, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

congrats Tater- I guess you won't have to send me that paperwork after all.
retired in 10 days
Old 12-21-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Congrats.......

As a region 4 member who voted, I didn't see him on the ballot the first time around. Didn't get to vote on this one. Since I voted, I feel I have a right to speek up and say politicaly I feel as though I have been done wrong. Why should I vote ever again?

You may see this as stirring the pot, but I see it as only asking a question. Don't make my comment out to be flaming, it is just a question.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Congrats.......

As a region 4 member who voted, I didn't see him on the ballot the first time around. Didn't get to vote on this one. Since I voted, I feel I have a right to speek up and say politicaly I feel as though I have been done wrong. Why should I vote ever again?

You may see this as stirring the pot, but I see it as only asking a question. Don't make my comment out to be flaming, it is just a question.
you are correct he wasnt on the ballot! ,It doesnt seem fair for the other people that are on the ballot

Old 12-21-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Wow!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is sorry Gary and congrats to Aaron Melton(who ever he is, never heard of him).

DJ Apolaro
Old 12-21-2006, 07:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Wow!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is sorry Gary and congrats to Aaron Melton(who ever he is, never heard of him).

DJ Apolaro
never heard of Aaron either
Old 12-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Congrats.......

He is a long time offroad racer, who's started a couple tracks. Never heared anything bad about the guy so lets see what he can do for us.
He stepped up to the plate so lets stop with the crap. Being a volenteer isn't easy. Lets see what the guy does before condeming how he was put in office. It isnt easy finding people that are willing to keep things smooth. Lets be thankfull because all of us werent on that list either. LETS JUST RACE!!!!! with all the political bull hockey going on in our country, atleast keep it out of where we play.

R/C foolz I am not trying to bash you, just would like R/C to be fun again!!
" cant we all get along"
Old 12-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

The replacement process seems a bit hokey to me. I would have thought thst the next most popular person via the ballot would have been given the job. That is why we voted isnt it.

as for the man that got the job..... good luck. I wasnt trying to insult you but the process.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by speedxl
He is a long time offroad racer, who's started a couple tracks. Never heared anything bad about the guy so lets see what he can do for us.
He stepped up to the plate so lets stop with the crap. Being a volenteer isn't easy. Lets see what the guy does before condeming how he was put in office. It isnt easy finding people that are willing to keep things smooth. Lets be thankfull because all of us werent on that list either. LETS JUST RACE!!!!! with all the political bull hockey going on in our country, atleast keep it out of where we play.

R/C foolz I am not trying to bash you, just would like R/C to be fun again!!
" cant we all get along"
Hector i think what he is saying is the way that it was done, I wondering too about how it got done too , i feel that they should given it to the next highest votes or just another election.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

what a joke this is, i voted and feel this is not how the system supossed to work.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by speedxl
He stepped up to the plate so lets stop with the crap. Being a volenteer isn't easy. Lets see what the guy does before condeming how he was put in office.
what can he do? I thought that EXCOM has the power in ROAR.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I voted for someone other then Gene, and still feel the system works. What has been SOP when a Regional Director is removed or steps down, has been for the the EXCOMM to decide a replacement. Chuck was the designated EXCOMM member to co-ordinate this task. If you think he did not consult with the other members of the EXCOMM and people throughout the state, then you are sadly mistaken.

The Regional Director, while they do not make rules, they do help to enforce them, and have a HUGE impact on the racing ( if they so choose). WHile a lot of people do not like this decsion, it is done, and try to show Tater some support.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I voted for someone other then Gene, and still feel the system works. What has been SOP when a Regional Director is removed or steps down, has been for the the EXCOMM to decide a replacement. Chuck was the designated EXCOMM member to co-ordinate this task. If you think he did not consult with the other members of the EXCOMM and people throughout the state, then you are sadly mistaken.

The Regional Director, while they do not make rules, they do help to enforce them, and have a HUGE impact on the racing ( if they so choose). WHile a lot of people do not like this decsion, it is done, and try to show Tater some support.
my bad Tim,sorry
Old 12-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

You can read the ROAR By-Laws concerning this issue (Article 11). If you feel that there needs to be a specific rule relating to this type of situation then you can write the Secretary and possibly have the issue put on the agenda for the next roar meeting or start a campaign to run for roar president in which there is far more other issues to worry about to. I as a ROAR constituent want to make sure you are looking at the larger picture as well as the minute details.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service