Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
Region 4 Director Announcement >

Region 4 Director Announcement

Region 4 Director Announcement

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation Region 4 Director Announcement

I have resigned as Region 4 Director as of today. An official announcement will be made at the State race this weekend.

Thank you for your support.

Gene Hickerson

Last edited by Machine's R/C H; 12-08-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Gene,

Good luck to you and your business efforts. I'll see you on the class committee forum and of course, we'll chat at the next event.

This entire situation is ridiculous and I cannot believe what has transpired the last week. This makes me ill.

It appears hurricanes known to hit your state don't just come from Mother Nature.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Gene

I'm sorry to see it came to that but as I told you a couple days ago I'll support you whichever way you decide to go. It's hard to imagine someone would actually take it so far as to threaten you........... unbelievable!
Give me a call when you can.

Carlton
Old 12-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

how do you resign from a position before you even take it?????????? this is so not so very pleasant. way to stand stong. way to help the racers of florida. Maybe instead of trying to fix the FSORS (which isn't broke) you should have looked at other area's and aspects of region 4.

Last edited by Racer_Chick; 12-09-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Gene was standing strong but when you take a new position and are threatened by it. It may not be in the best interest for your family, business, and health.

Davepull: Why don't you run for Director next time.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Andrew Smolnik
Gene was standing strong but when you take a new position and are threatened by it. It may not be in the best interest for your family, business, and health.

Davepull: Why don't you run for Director next time.

I did. i did everything by the book mailed in my nomination but for reason my name was left off the ballot.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

OH.

Thats odd.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

yes it is very odd and was very dissapointing. The old director and I didn't really get along that well and >>>>>>>>>>>
Old 12-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davepull
I did. i did everything by the book mailed in my nomination but for reason my name was left off the ballot.
And I am guessing you think you would have won??
Old 12-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

I resigned because ROAR requested it yesterday, that is how. Come to the FSORS round 1 race Saturday for a full explanation. Or just wait until ROAR announces it on their web site next week.

Also think about this: I volunteered to take a position and help out and I got static,complaints, and even threats from people, even some of my friends think there should be a revote, so why would I even want to force my help or suggestions on people if the majority had changed their minds and did not seem to want it anymore?

I will look like the bad guy no matter what, so what is the difference.

I will continue to do what I have done for the last 2 years - promote and support ROAR and all R/C racing in general, including RC Pro here in FL.

I am not mad at anyone, I am just mad at the situation because it can hurt the hobby.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Well said Gene.

If anyone needs ANY R/C products I strongly recommend contacting Gene Hickerson.

www.machinesrchobbies.com
Old 12-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Gene, There are too many people in our area who like to bitch about something but won't attempt to carry the torch. Thank you for being one of the few.

Here's to hoping some accountability is still to be had in this country.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Dave -

I created the ballot. Are you stating that I was in cahoots with Bill Fraden and left your name off the ballot?? Careful....

Your ballot was never received. I checked several times and no mail was ever received at the ROAR offices with your name on it. So, please, don't accuse anybody of anything unless its the post office for not delivering your mail.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mason
Gene, There are too many people in our area who like to bitch about something but won't attempt to carry the torch. Thank you for being one of the few.

Here's to hoping some accountability is still to be had in this country.

APPLAUD!!!

Gene stepped up to do something extremely difficult and time consuming... and what he got for it was threats. I applaud his choice to resign (regardless that ROAR asked for it) and I applaud his choice to make racing bigger and better out there regardless. ROAR needs Gene.. and will utilize his talents in other ways.. this I can assure you.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default support for Gene.

GENE I am sorry to hear you stepped down. If there is a revote I would vote for you (I did not vote the first time, but a revote with Gene on there would actually make me care enough to vote) and you may be suprised with more votes for you then you had before. ANyways It would be nice if all the people involved were man enough to show who they are so we can vote them out.
I also think the FSORS is not broke Dave PUll but it is not nearly as good as it can be. There are a select few in the state that make almost all of the decisions and thier tracks get most the action, and it was nice to see Gene get into office to shake things up. Well I guess that scared alot of people.
Gene look forward to racing with you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service