Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 RC Pro Florida Nitro Off-Road Series

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Default June 2nd, 2007 RC Pro Florida Nitro Off-Road Series, Miami

The largest class in FL right now is Nitro Off-Road. I have had many complaints from the racers over the last 2 years that the track layouts are too easy, and smooth blue groove tracks are for electric. Well, I have answered their call and while talking and working with the RC Pro Series over the last year, I will be running a Nitro only RC Pro series in FL for 2007.

We have the tracks set. More info will be coming soon on our web page. For this year, the 4 tracks will be in South Florida and run this summer from May-Oct. Entries will be limited to 150 to ensure everyone gets ample track time. 3 rounds of qualifying and 20-30 minute main events for the 1 day events and 4 rounds and 30-60 minute A-mains for the 2 day finals. Trophys for TQ and 1st-3rd at every round. Shirts will be available and lots of raffle prizes will be given away. There will be 5 classes run:
1/8th Buggy Begginer/Intermediate
1/8th Buggy Expert/Pro
1/8th Arena Truck
Monster Truck
1/10th Gas Truck

The goal of this series is to bring new racers into the hobby of R/C racing and hopefully get those who have only raced at a club level the opportunity to experience the fun of a big event while still having a great time and not costing too much money. Then in the future, maybe some will travel to National size races such as the RC Pro East Series and the ROAR Regionals & Nationals and stay involved in the hobby for many years to come.

Machine's R/C Hobbies is our main sponsor and is putting up $500 cash for the Finals Payout in 1/8 Expert Buggy. A portion of the entry fees will go toward the cash purse as well. If we get just 40 entries average for the 4 rounds, the payout at the finals will be over $1,000. If you race 1/8th scale, you won't want to miss this Event.

Current Series sponsors are as follows. Anyone else wishing to be a series sponsor, please contact me for details.

CEN Racing, Machine's R/C Hobbies, J-Concepts, Pro-line, Maxy's Fuel, JK Enterprizes, Dark Identity

Here the dates:

Round 1 - May 5th - DC Off-road Park - Avon Park
Round 2 - June 2nd - Miami R/C Raceway - Miami
Round 3 - Sep 1st - Broward R/C Speedway - Mills Pond
Finals - Nov 2-4th - B and B Hobbies & Raceway - Hudson

Entry Fees:
$25 per class for round 1-3
$35 per class for the 2 day Final
Every Finals entry gets a T-shirt

Gene Hickerson
2007 RC Pro FL Nitro Off-road Series General
[email protected]
(941) 219-9272
http://stateseries.rcprosites.com/si.../contentid/570

Entry Form

Last edited by Machine's R/C H; 09-18-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: NEW INFO
Old 12-11-2006, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Gene,

I am curious to know how you keep the guys complaining about the easy layouts happy as well as keep the racers that are brand new to the sport from getting frustrated and discouraged by overly technical track layouts?

I think finding ways to bring new racers into this sport is a great idea but you must consider the learning curve. If new racers get out there and cannot even finish a race because they are breaking parts on HUGE jumps or are constantly having to be marshaled because of tricky layouts breeds frustration in new drivers.

Club racing may be better suited for new racers to get comfortable in this great hobby and a state based Pro Series may be a better place for the more advanced racer to be challenged. It may be difficult to make drivers at all levels happy in the same event.

Any one considered an invitational series? Take the top 50 or so drivers from the previous 2 years state series, make the tracks as difficult as one can imagine and have a 4 or 6 race mini series.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

I agree that club racing layouts should be kept pretty simple. But a State/Regional/National race needs to challenge everyone, even the pros imo. Just because there is a huge tripple, does not mean you have to clear it. Just double single it if you are not experienced enough to handle it or make it.

When I was a teenager, I raced at a superscross track with my dirt bike. I rolled the jumps, while the fast huys went for the tripples. I had fun even though I was way off pace and even got lapped my first time racing in the novice class.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm looking foward to this series Gene and you can't count me in at every event.

Could you post the tracks again that you are looking at hosting the series??

I remember Miami and the new track in Avon Park but I can't remember the other tracks.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Default Racing this Sat at Avon Park

DC Off-road R/C Park in Avon Park is having their 1st club race this Saturday. Gates open at 10:00am, racing will starg at 1:00pm. I am bringing my lap top, transponder system, and PA system, so there will be an off-road club race for sure. I will be helping them any way I can to help their club pull off their 1st ever club race and make it sucessful. I and my own club memebrs what to get their club going. The track is about 1.5 hours from most of my members and it will be great for FL to have another track to race at. If you have not seen the latest pictures of the track, then you don't know what you are missing. This is the largest track in FL right now and centraly located in FL. Be there this Saturday December 16th to check it out!

http://community-1.webtv.net/XXROB/DCoffroadRCpark/

http://www.jcchase.proboards106.com/...ead=1145287813

Last edited by Machine's R/C H; 12-11-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

2007 RC Pro Florida Nitro Off-road Series

Last edited by Machine's R/C H; 12-22-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Cash payouts?

People have been asking, and YES, we will have Cash Payouts in the 1/8 Expert/Pro Buggy class. The other 4 classes will get TQ and 1st-3rd plaques, and 1st-5th in the final points standings.

More info coming soon.

The Dates are set for the RC Pro East Series. The FL Series dates will be set soon.

2007 RC Pro National Nitro Off-road Schedule
Old 12-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Default More info on the 2007 RC Pro Florida Nitro Off-road Series

Machine's R/C Hobbies is our main sponsor and is putting up $500 cash for the Finals Payout in 1/8 Expert Buggy. A portion of the entry fees (about 1/3rd) will go toward the cash purse as well. If we get just 35 entries average for the 4 rounds, the payout at the finals will be over $1,000. If you race 1/8th scale, you won't want to miss this Event.

Also, we have 3 new sponsors - Maxy's Pro Racing Fuel, JK Enterprises, and the new graphics sponsor of the RC Pro Series - Dark Identity. These along with J-Concepts, Machine's R/C Hobbies, CEN Racing, and Pro-line will all be donating prizes for the Raffle drawing at the Finals. Every entry will get a raffle ticket. The Finals will be a 2 day event, so entries will be extended to a 200 limit. Round 1-3 will still be limited to 125, so be on the look out for the pre-entry form to hold your spot in the series.

FL RC Pro Series - a race series like no other.

2007 RC Pro Flroida Nitro Off-road Series
Old 12-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

One of the rounds will be at Florida's largest & Best 1/8 off-road track - The new DC Off-road R/C Park in Avon Park.

Last edited by Machine's R/C H; 12-22-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

1/8 Buggy A-main 12-16-06

Here is a video of the last buggy A-main at Avon Park. Round 1 will be here at DC Off-road R/C Park this May.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

more pictures can be found at the links below.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res7lzed/

http://jcchase.proboards106.com/inde...ead=1145287813
Old 12-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Default dates?

Here are the dates - subject to change.

Round 1 - May 5th - DC Off-road R/C Park - Avon Park
Round 2 - June 2nd
Round 3 - Sep 1st
Finals - Oct 27-28 - TBD

Last edited by Machine's R/C H; 12-21-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Round 1-Avon Park-May 5?. I have no problem with that! I think we would be happy with almost any date. It is a thrill just to have a big time event at our track!!
Old 12-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

We have to have personal transponders to run in this race don't we? Also do we have to have a membership to ROAR or RC Pro?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

No memebrship required for the RC Pro State Series. No personal transponder required because we will have hand out transponders, but personals are recommended.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.