R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Florida Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing-54/)
-   -   Bolink Legends- coming back and possibly a new series (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing/137626-bolink-legends-coming-back-possibly-new-series.html)

BullFrog 11-21-2006 10:34 AM

Bolink Legends- coming back and possibly a new series

Bolink R/C is back with a new owner. Legends are back into production. Last year I had a Custom Car show series in Jacksonville. It's still in the planing stages for 2007. The idea to get a Legends race at each car show is in the works. I've just got to talk with the area director- he'll be back from vacation next week.This should not be a problem. Presently working on a few rule changes. Batteries - still 4 cell but make your own IB 4200's.
Motors - some type of trinitystock motor
Brushes and springs are still being worked out.
Type of race will be oval. Race lenght to be determined. There will also be a best paint and Tophies at either each series race and at the final race.Plus while not racing you'll be able to see some fine Custom cars- different at each event. Got any ideas send them my way.
The new Leisure Racer.........................

kartermdb 11-21-2006 10:53 AM

those things are going to be wicked fast, they are already fast with old 3300's and a over used monster

BullFrog 11-21-2006 11:04 AM

Mark you got any suggestions for motors and batteries. they will be limited on the stock pinions 21/22 and standard spur gear(I think it was a 81). I want something that is easy for any hobby shop to carry.

ASM 11-21-2006 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by kartermdb
those things are going to be wicked fast, they are already fast with old 3300's and a over used monster

He said......."wicked fast" :lol: :lol: :sneaky:

kartermdb 11-21-2006 06:35 PM

Yes I said wicked fast, but there was no pun intended, just the free plug.

I know this isnt much, but in apopka we run at Jims flat concrete oval, we run 21 81 for gearing, any none exotic foam (ie, blue, silver, green) and any 1700 or less mah battery. most of us use the trinity spec packs, they are cheap and work well.

i should also mention we use his handout 5 degree stock motors that are in rotation and we cant touch, it truely is spec racing.

but never the less, legends is a blast, id love to get mine back together and maybe use some "Wicked Fast" lubes to keep it running smooth :sneaky:

BullFrog 11-22-2006 04:07 AM

He's got more control of the racing there. Here I've got to different groups and I want to keep it easy for the hobby shops to supply the batteries and tires and parts. Not having a spec pack and using the batteries everyone else has at any hobby shop - I think would be better. I've also thought about just using the IB 3800's or the 4200. This way last years batteries still have some sort of use.Motors- Trinty monster with the black springs and any brushes. I'm still thinking about the tires.I shooting for Dec 2 for the finalized rules with Legends for these series coming up here. If anyone wanted to run these in the state series again - I'm game- as I'll mention this to Izzy in the next few nights.
Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving and hopefully I'll see everyone at the Superior Race with the rules and race.
The Leisurer Racer!

kartermdb 11-22-2006 07:33 AM

3800's would be good as well as 3300's just because we all have those laying around somewhere, as for motor rules, those sound fine, its going to be interesting to see what some people come up with.

are you going to allow bearings, because i believe the kits now come with them, atleast mine did, but its a race spec not a bolink.

BullFrog 11-22-2006 07:55 AM

The Bolink kit availble have always come with bushing. We could have that as a different class- maybe the pro class?

PaintingRoly 11-22-2006 03:21 PM

Bill how about some sort of brushless system like the ones novak makes for the RTR Losi's? this way you don't have to worry about spec brushes and springs.

barnacle 11-22-2006 04:06 PM

Howz about you make them 4 wheel drive, put 4 shocks on them, use cs27's for tires and just call them Touring Cars. :nod:

BullFrog 11-23-2006 05:25 AM

Thank's for your suggestions but no thanks.
There will be three Classes:
Junior/women-------Racer -------Pro
The difference between Racer and Pro is Ball bearing in the front wheels and rear axle for the Pro and the kit for racers.
Motors are looking like Monster stock
batteries 3800 or 4200 4 cell and can be hard wired or any connectors.
These might be raced at a series near you next year. Probably two track here in Jax and the Car show I will be doing has 4 sites.Trophies for the Car show series with overall championship trophies.
Ya'll can laugh and make jokes about these simple to run cars but you do get new drivers and they are Cheap! Somebody just retired down your way (South) that started racing these things and became Very Good.You want an cheaper way to get someone racing in this hobby and possibly get them to move up. It may not be what you want them to race but if they have fun - that's what it is about.

BullFrog 11-24-2006 09:28 AM

For the Warm-up Series here are some temporary dates:
Jan 14th --Jan 28th
Feb.--25th
March -11th and or 25th
Car Show Series Possible Dates:
April 8th or 29th
May 6th or 13th
June 8th or 17th
July 8th or 15th or 22nd
August 12th or 19th

ahsikes 11-24-2006 11:26 AM

Bill I have a couple of legends cars I will put up for sale soon.

They are from past releases, but they will be cheap. If I get a chance, I will get them up to Harry's.

BullFrog 11-24-2006 04:33 PM

Why don't you keep them and race in the series?

ahsikes 11-24-2006 05:48 PM

No thanks. I am sure it would be fun, but I am having plenty with offroad. Thanks for the offer though.