ROAR election results are in

Old 11-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Default ROAR election results are in

ROAR Election results are in!!!
http://www.roarracing.com/

Election Results:

258 votes out of 4550 members (5.7) % of membership) (not all ballots voted for President) President Votes
Mike Queller 115
Eddie Goodridge 59
Carl Giordano 58
Write Ins 1

Region 4
Gene Hickerson 42
Gary Tuttle 26
Jeff Flassig 9
Write ins 0

Thank you for everyone who voted. I will do my best to help take R/C racing to the next level here in Region 4. Tater has agreed to be my assistant for the next 2 years. If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints, please e-mail me and if you can't get a hold of me, e-mail Tater. I also need more assistants and volunteers for each class of R/C racing and to be a ROAR official at each of the level 1-5 events in Region 4 in 2007. This includes Nitro sedan & 1/8th, Nitro Off-road, Electric on-road/Oval/off-road, paved/dirt/carpet, 1/5th scale, 1/10th/1/12th, ect. 2 ROAR officials are now allowed for each event so that they can both compete. They just need to compete in different classes. Please e-mail me if you would like to help out. I would like to offer Mr. Tuttle and Mr. Flassig the opportunity to assist me and help out with all of the On-road and Oval races as I will not be able to attend all of them.

My e-mail: [email protected]
My web sites: http://www.sbroc.com http://www.machinesrchobbies.com
Tater's web site: http://www.tatersrcworld.com
For urgent issues, call my Cell: (941) 219-9272

Also, Please start getting your bids together for all ROAR sanctioned events for 2007. This year there are 5 levels of events and level 2-5 will need my and/or ExCom's approval. My 1st rev-up article deadline will be January 15th. Any bids after that won't be available on the ROAR web site until April 15th. If you want a big turnout at your race such as the Region 4 Championships, please set the dates and get the bid in ASAP so that racers will have time to plan for them.

Only 77 racers voted in all of Florida, so I don't want to hear any complaints about what I do or don't do over the next 2 years except from the 77 people who took 2 minutes to vote and voice their opinion. lol j/k

Thank you,
Gene Hickerson

Last edited by Machine's R/C H; 11-17-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Congratulations

Congratulations on the win. I was one of the few that mailed in a vote. Considering how much everyone complains and calls for change, it's a shame more didn't choose to participate. As a racer, I know you'll do all you can to further RC racing in Florida. Good luck and Thanks for making the obligation. As Bill can attest, more often than not, it's a thankless job, as most volunteer positions are.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

I want a recount!

Congratulation to Gene! I wish you luck with your new responsibilities.

Sincerely,
Jeff Flassig
Old 11-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

No disrespect intended but who the hell are you Gene???? I have been racing around florida for about 17 years and I dont recall ever meeting you. Please educate some of us about who you are etc... obviously the crowd you run with votes so congrats on that front. Somebody likes you.

john
Old 11-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

He is a hobby shop owner and track owner out of the Sarasota area, he moved here about 2 years ago ( give or take ) from California, he won the 1/8th scale truck class this last year in the offroad state series and he won the 1/8th scale class the year before,he has a big following with his club and hobby shop ( i guess you kinda figured that out by now )and a good friend to the offroad state series.
hope that helps
Dennis

Here is what he posted on the www.fsors.com web sight

Gene Hickerson - Has been racing electric & nitro on & off-road since 1987. Hobby shop owner, ROAR club president with 75 members, member of the ROAR Nitro Off-road committee. My goal is to promote every form of R/C car racing and hopefully bring even more new drivers into the world of R/C racing. Nitro off-road racing is the most popular class in Florida at this time and should be given its share of National exposure in Rev-up and to the rest of the ROAR members across the USA.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

+1
Old 11-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Default Region 4 Director

Thanks Dennis.

Yes, I am new to Florida, but not to R/C racing. I was a master Honda technician in CA for 11 years and I was tired of it. I decided to sell my little house (now worth over 1/2 a million $'s) and move to FL to open a hobby shop like I have wanted to do since I was 11 years old.

2 years later, I now have a R/C Pro Hobby Shop in Sarasota. I started the Sarasota/Bradenton R/C Off-road Club 1 year ago and already have 76 members. I built the largest off-road track in FL in my backyard (on 10 acres), but the county shut it down and then shut down our current track in Kiwanis park in Englewood. But I do have a meeting with the county this month to discuss a new location.

I raced electirc off-road for 15 years, then switched to nitro and never looked back for the last 5 years. I also raced on-road electric and nitro over the years and still do on occation for some fun club racing.

I have qualified for 5 IFMAR World Championships, but was only able to attend 2. My best finish was 13th (5th highest USA driver) in 2002 in Urguay, South America. I currently drive for CEN Racing and every month or 2 travel to a large race accross the USA. I hope to use my 20 years of racing experience to help grow and improve R/C racing even more here in Florida.

I stayed off here during the election because internet aurguments never get anything accomplished. If anyone has something to tell or ask me, please do it in an e-mail for a faster response.

Thank you,
Gene Hickerson
[email protected]
2007 Region 4 Director
Old 11-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Well Gene your resume sounds very promissing, and you come across as a person with a possitive attitude. I wish you nothing but the best

Roly
Old 11-18-2006, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

To all of you out there- I publish what is sent to me. Nothing sent nothing published.I relied on the peop[le that said they wanted to do the job. Since I race the electric on road series that's what always got reported. Now Gene is a off-road guy that will get more coverage for that segment. I wish you good luck.Now that I don't have to be PC anymore after dec 31st there will be more coming.