Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini Coopers @ New Tampa Track (Arts)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Mini Coopers @ New Tampa Track (Arts)

Ummm.. I posted in the other post and got no reply...

I went to the track yesterday and liked what i saw! I have always tryed to race oval stuff but like the fact that this track is only a 5 min drive from my house!! I would like to run mini coopers!!

What are the rules?? Looks like they were pretty much stock!! I would like to see you run the TCS rules that way everyone will be equal and they have a great format already built!!

-Inman

Here's the rule from their site:

Mini Chassis M03 (Front Drive)

1. Any Tamiya chassis car of front drive type (M01, M03, M0-3L).

2. Tamiya Hop-Ups only allowed.

3. No chassis lightening allowed.

4. A proper mini body must be used with its proper mini chassis. I.E. (FWD front wheel drive body must be used with front-drive chassis. RWD rear wheel drive body must be used with rear wheel chassis)

5. Cars may run any Tamiya tires designed to fit the "M" chassis as long as the tires and wheels conform to the scale look of the body. Running 26mm sedan wheels and tires on a Mini Cooper body would be an example of what wouldn't be allowed.

6. 24mm wheels and tires are not legal.

7. The use of tires of different sizes (diameter) on the front and rear of the car is not allowed i.e. standard M chassis tires on the rear and M-chassis 60D?s on the front.

8. Kit type closed-endbell, silver can motor only (Mabuchi or Johnson) must be used for this class. 2006 Finals will allow only black can (speed tuned motors)

9. New for 2006: It is now allowed to use the maximum pinion gear size on all front-drive Mini cars. I.E. 20-tooth on the M03 would be the maximum pinion allowed.

10. Any Tamiya plastic or aluminum damper may be used.

11. Any Tamiya short or regular size spring may be used.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes we follow the tcs rules , other than we decided to go with the black can sport tuned motors, the straight away is so long for silver can so i think next time we are going all black can from now on, un less 3 people want to run silver can.

it was a great time racing the coopers, i am glad i could hold off the hawiian in the main to take the win!
the cooper i was running was all box stock except bearings and tires.
justins was all hoped up and there really was no differance in performance!
so get your self a cooper, some bearings , a black sport tuned motor and your ready to rock
we have been using 3300 or less batterys to run 8 min heats and main!
see ya soon, jakster!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Talking

YYYYYAAAAAHHHHOOOOO!!!!! love the Mini's. come out and see if you can get LUCKY and beat the Hawaiian I will be putting all the stock parts back on my Mini so I will be SPEC. So come check out the new track! the traction is awsome and Dan is a great guy.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

is that the battery rule?? 3300 or less?
Old 11-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Were just trying to stay away from the " who ever has the $100 batterys is the fastest" We would like to see this as more of a budget class. TCS you have to run 2400's