Space Coast racing

Old 03-02-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Scott, keep an eye on the carpet thread....

BTW, how is Dino's club doing ?
Old 03-24-2003, 06:02 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Here's the latest update for Space Coast Hobbies racing. The driver's stand should be completed by tomorrow and painted by the week-end. Track design and layout tasks should be complete by this week-end as well. Latest version of the AMB software is in-hand. We will be ready as scheduled for the free warm-up race on 4/13. Please come on out enjoy the program!
Attached Thumbnails Space Coast racing-raceflyer1.jpg  
Old 03-25-2003, 05:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
My sons and I just moved to the area from California and I was very glad to come across your listing. Ater catching the RC bug from my boys, It's great that they will have someplace close by to race at. They gave me a small list of questions to ask so here goes::
We all have personal transponders from amb...which timing system are you using and what software.
Does the shop specialize in RC cars and do they give discounts to racers??
Is the track available for practice any other time than race day ??
What kind of prize's are givin out to class winners??
Will there be novice thru expert races in each class??
Will there be electric power available for everybody(we have alot of stuff !!)
Is parking close by??
Is there enough space for a 12 ft. trailer??
Is ROAR membership required to race??
Thanks and we hope to see you all in April.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default re space coast racing

the last time i raced space coast parking was very close by,in the same parking lot,as far as power usually its available ,as far as the hobby shop being stocked ,depends what kind of cars you run,they are a little on the understocked side for r/c but trains and h.o slot cars are plentiful.all in all its a fun event-,this will go good with superior's race schedule -they tend to have a good turn out also
Old 03-27-2003, 05:22 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Xraygal, well here goes....the software will take personal transponders. The shop does have r/c car parts, though I suggest bringing spares. We have asked and they will carry the Monster stock motors, Take Off CS-27GL tires and Stratus 2.0 bodies. We feel these are fastest stock motors, best all around tires and overall most used body. The shop wants to work with the racers and carry what will be used. Special or rare use items will have to be ordered. Currently no discounts to racers. The track is set-up in the parking lot and will only be available on race day. Prizes are hobby shop gift certificates. Classes are available on the flyer in my previous post. Of course they can be tweaked based on turn-out. Limited power is available on a first come first serve basis. Some racers may have extra power available from their generators. Parking is very close. A 12ft trailer shouldn't be a problem. ROAR membership is not required. Whew..........hope that helps out.

Remember the April race is free to all and is scheduled to be a warm-up race to work out all the "bugs" and to get everyone up to speed on the new program. The new driver's stand will be one of the best you'll ever use, as it's now complete. Thanks to Snodgrass Paint and Body for the prep and paint work too! Come on out it should be a BLAST!
Old 03-27-2003, 05:32 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Here's another flyer....
Attached Thumbnails Space Coast racing-raceflyer1.jpg  
Old 03-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm glad i stumbled onto this site and this thread. I live in Miami and recently got a HPI RTR3 RS4 nitro car. there isn't many places here to run my car. I have only been running it up and down my street and trying to tune the engine. I do have family in the Melbourne/Cocoa area so I travel up that way every couple weeks or so. I do have a few question if someone doesn't mind answering them:

1. What is the address of the track where the 4/13 race will be held?

2. Since I am pretty new to R/C racing and cars, what rules are there regarding racing, tracks, etc?

3. I would love to race against other people, but because I am new is thier a class for rookies? I don't want anyone getting mad at me. I would of course be very careful, but I do watch NASCAR (HUGE fan!!) and i know ow tempers can flare.

5. Is anyone able to race or are there certain requirements?

6. What type of cars will be allowed? Nitro, electric....

I can't think of any more questions, but if i do i'll post em

Thanx for the help and if all goes well, i will be thier on April 13th 2003
Old 03-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Alucard,
check out the track in Coral Springs. It is only about 30 mins from Miami. They have a thread here. They do run 200mm nitro so you are in luck. They race every Sunday and practice on Saturday.

John
Old 03-28-2003, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Coral Springs? Sweet. Yea, thats not too far from me. I'll check out the thread. Thanx.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:09 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

alucard13, the address, contact info, classes etc., is on the flyer attachment. Hope to see ya come by when you're up visiting family in Cocoa. The program rules and requirements will be discussed during the driver's meeting. Rookies are welcome and encouraged to come out and have a good time.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ASM
alucard13, the address, contact info, classes etc., is on the flyer attachment. Hope to see ya come by when you're up visiting family in Cocoa. The program rules and requirements will be discussed during the driver's meeting. Rookies are welcome and encouraged to come out and have a good time.
I noticed the address and other info after i made the post. heheh sorry about that. I am 80% sure i will be thier on the 13th since i will be up for the weekend anyway. I don't think i will race since i don't have much experience. I'll watch and see how the pros do it, that way i don't make too much of a fool of myself

One more question. I noticed that there is about a month in between races. During that in between period is the track open for practices or anything like that? again, thanx for the help. I have alot of questions, but i pomise you, i catch on quick .
Old 03-31-2003, 06:44 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

alucard13, the shop only races once a month and that's the only time the track can be set up. I still encourage you to bring your stuff and run. There's a rookie class for you to get started in. We'll walk you through anything you need to know and we'll be there to help you. The racing at this facility is geared towards having FUN and never losing sight of that is a goal of ours and Space Coast Hobbies. Hope to see you show up with your car.....

Scott
Old 03-31-2003, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

ASM,
Thanx for the kind words. I will plan on being there with my car
Old 04-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default INDOOR TRACK! Only one in FL!

Hello...due to the high demand for oval racing, we have converted our track to oval. The track is 10ft wide and 145 feet around! If you are into going fast, now is your chance. Our schedule is the same. Racing on Sunday's....track is open at 9am and the racing starts at 12 noon. We now have a pro shop on site for your racing needs! Please continue to support your local track! If you have questions, please call 561-798-2433.

Thank you!
www.mdiracing.com
Old 04-02-2003, 02:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default bring your pan cars

Hey Scott, just wanted to let everyone know that we will be racing 10th scale pan cars. I've talked to 4 others that are bringing thier pans, and also I bought one ( L2) off ebay that I will bring with me to sell ($70 ..what I paid for it..) to anyone there that wants to race that class.

Steve

pan body

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.