This is interesting...

Old 08-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default This is interesting...

http://roarracing.com/downloads/Disc...ne_18_2006.pdf

Some kind of "physical" incident? Damage to pit tables? Sounds like a barroom brawl took place somewhere. No mention of who/what/where/. Anybody know what this is about? If ROAR is going to publish this stuff, why not some background information to go with it?
Old 08-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think ROAR has posted enough information on the subject. Since this does not directly involve you ( and the people that were involved know thier versions of whatever story) what does it really matter, They broke the rules ( which are stated ) and they were disiplined ( which all ya really need to know ).
Old 08-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

i seen that too. I think it is a shame when things come to that. but like TIM said there really isn't a need anymore info other than that isn't how you behave at a rc event.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by RookieRacer
http://roarracing.com/downloads/Disc...ne_18_2006.pdf

Some kind of "physical" incident? Damage to pit tables? Sounds like a barroom brawl took place somewhere. No mention of who/what/where/. Anybody know what this is about? If ROAR is going to publish this stuff, why not some background information to go with it?
Old news bro, maybe you didn't hear about this because of your avatar! (Lol! J/K)
Old 08-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I think ROAR has posted enough information on the subject. Since this does not directly involve you ( and the people that were involved know thier versions of whatever story) what does it really matter, They broke the rules ( which are stated ) and they were disiplined ( which all ya really need to know ).
I really would like to know more. What rules did they break? I don't see where this was stated. What is the violence they speak of? Was it a shootout, a slapfest, or just harsh words? Who/what started it? Why was the unwilling participant suspended? What was his involvement? It was a ROAR sanctioned event, ROAR members were involved, I'm a ROAR member, therefore I'm involved indirectly. If ROAR is going to sanction members in public, let us know what the charges are for chrissakes. For all I know somebody could have farted in the other's general direction and the gauntlet was thrown.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:50 PM

there was a physical confrontation at the sedan nats.

Tim, please lock this thread.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

If you want additional information, then email the EXCOMM. I fully believe you have the information that pertains to you. The EXCOMM's email addy's are on ROAR's website.

Originally Posted by RookieRacer
I really would like to know more. What rules did they break? I don't see where this was stated. What is the violence they speak of? Was it a shootout, a slapfest, or just harsh words? Who/what started it? Why was the unwilling participant suspended? What was his involvement? It was a ROAR sanctioned event, ROAR members were involved, I'm a ROAR member, therefore I'm involved indirectly. If ROAR is going to sanction members in public, let us know what the charges are for chrissakes. For all I know somebody could have farted in the other's general direction and the gauntlet was thrown.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:39 PM

Nicely done!

Very diplomatic!

Originally Posted by TimPotter
If you want additional information, then email the EXCOMM. I fully believe you have the information that pertains to you. The EXCOMM's email addy's are on ROAR's website.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Don't forget ...

Don't forget to lock the thread Tim!

We can't have members exercising their right to free speech here.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

I'de have to side with rookie racer here, he brought up a topic that interested him and the response was a bit harsh, or even ballsy!

Please keep in mind that the reason the concept of web based forums exists is so that users can converse about topics of interest. It's not like he started a topic on a less colorful matter like his opinion of our religions or crimes against children.

As a moderator i would not think that it is your place to tell a forum user they have no business inquiring about a certain public topic, nor is it your place to be-little someone for such inquiry. A more suitable role for a moterator would be to help prevent abuse of this resource as well as screen offensive content. A power trip is not required to be an effective advocate of this forum.

It seems this incident at a ROAR event is a soar subject for you guys and you don't want people to talk about it. My view point is that if the topic is not offensive, obscene, slanderous, defamatory or spam then what premise do you have to tell rookie racer what he does and does not need to know. And the same can apply to those of you that are not directly involved in the incedent, you are in no position to tell someone else what they need or don't need to know on the topic.

I'm not trying to start a fight here but I just hate to see someone get bullied because he has a legitament inquiry about something that happened at a public event.

Last edited by HookaMega; 08-15-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

If you guys want to excercise your right to free speech , go stand in your front yard and tell the world what you have to say . After all , the US constitution make no claim to the right to use RCTECH.NET !!! As popular as it is , it is still someones personal website , we are all just offered the priviledge to use it . Those in charge have the right to do as they please . I thought Tim was very professional , as he always is , and provided a way to get the info your asking about . If you really want it go get it .
Old 08-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Your absolutly right, but if you grant access to your site to the masses then beat them up for using it then what does that tell you?

Originally Posted by Speedlinehobbie
If you guys want to excercise your right to free speech , go stand in your front yard and tell the world what you have to say . After all , the US constitution make no claim to the right to use RCTECH.NET !!! As popular as it is , it is still someones personal website , we are all just offered the priviledge to use it . Those in charge have the right to do as they please .
Old 08-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

I will read the terms of use policy for this website and if this topic is in conflict with that policy then I will appologize for defending the guy.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Tim,
I usually agree with everything you have to say...this is the exception. This may be old news, but its public news and a bit "juicy" to say the least. Hell, we teased Rafael about his suspension for 2 pages on this board with no problems. Rookie wants the background to this story and you and Jpilone are guarding the info like a pitbull in front of piece of steak

I would say that the majority of the material on this entire site is gossip and heresay and trash-talking. Why is this incident protected from public knowledge? It shouldn't be.

If someone knows the details and wants to gossip about it so be it. Gossiping about this incident is no different than gossiping about "Where does Barry Baker go next???"

Peace.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Jeff,

In no way am I trying to discourage people from knowing any truths. My answers and reply's were generated on the thread topic, and the implied tone from rookies first post. My opinion was he was trying to stir the pot on an issue that had been put to rest. I do not know the full story, other then there was some kind of a fist fight. < IMHO could be derived from the ROAR PDF, and all we really need to know, people fought, then they got suspended.

I do not lock threads very often, I feel , no matter the opinion everyone is entitled to thiers. The fact that I am a moderator here,FSEARA assistant director, and ROAR On Road Committee Chairman, does not take away my free speech either, though it does warrant a measure of decorum. If you notice, I did not reply to Rookies smart ass comment about locking the thread, becuase he is entitled to his opinion. Along those line, while I understand what Jarrod was getting at, please do not make his comment mine.

BTW, I and not sure if you agreeing with me is good or bad Hey, good luck with the election, I htink you will make a superb Regional Director. And if you win, do not forget to talk to Bill Fraden as much a possible, he is one of the best ROAR resources alive today.

While, I do not feel like I need to explain myself, I will anyhow.

Hooka Mega typed......As a moderator i would not think that it is your place to tell a forum user they have no business inquiring about a certain public topic, nor is it your place to be-little someone for such inquiry. A more suitable role for a moterator would be to help prevent abuse of this resource as well as screen offensive content. A power trip is not required to be an effective advocate of this forum.

Umm, yeah I can tell someone that ( I FEEL IT IS NONE OF THIER BUSINESS ) , it is my opinon. I do not feel I belittled anyone in my comments. I am very fair in this forum, and have only edited posts or threads if they are abusive or the thread owner requests as such, and most times I do not even do that, becuase of the nature of the posts. If people feel like I am abusing my role, please say so. But I don't think you will find many people that feel that way.

One thing we all have to keep in mind is that not all emotion can be typed into a post, and 4 people will read a post 4 different ways. A post to one person may read like a joke, while to another it will be a flame. Personally, I read posts 3 or 4 times before I reply, so I can try and get as much out of it as possible. I also changed my RCTECH.NET account name to reflect my real name, so when I post something, people do not think I am not hiding behind keyboard courage.

Now, I pointed Rookie in the direction to get as much info as I had... I was very calculated with my words, so if Rookie want more information, he knows where to get it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service