Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Florida Racing
On-Road Friday Night 8/11 at NewRed Hobbies in Ocala >

On-Road Friday Night 8/11 at NewRed Hobbies in Ocala

On-Road Friday Night 8/11 at NewRed Hobbies in Ocala

Old 08-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default On-Road Friday Night 8/11 at NewRed Hobbies in Ocala

Come on out an join us guys, we had a good time two weeks ago with some great racing in TC stock, TC 19t, 1/12th 19t, Mini-Cooper (see website for class rules for Mini's) and nitro TC. Registration at 6:30pm and racing starts at 7:30pm. Beat the summer heat! Covered pits, power, tables, chairs, concession trailer, and sat. TV all provided free of charge. Last time out we had a pretty good turn-out and with several new 1/10 Nitro cars being purchased that class will be growing quickly. 19t TC had a full field and prove to be a very tough main with Mason Mcombs coming out on top. Dexter Smith finally got things sorted out and took the honors in the TC stock class. Come on out and support one of Florida's nicest racing facilitys as well as some of the nicest people in our hobby. Visit www.newredhobbies.com for more info!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

i think there will be atleast 3 minis out there and looks like 4 10th scale pan cars taking it back to the old school. Where are those boys n girls from Daytona at? Come get some action, just call ahead and register. 352-671-7302
Old 08-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I want to try to make it can't race at b&b this weekend just waiting on my 19's to get here
Old 08-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by polesitter61
Come on out an join us guys, we had a good time two weeks ago with some great racing in TC stock, TC 19t, 1/12th 19t, Mini-Cooper (see website for class rules for Mini's) and nitro TC. Registration at 6:30pm and racing starts at 7:30pm. Beat the summer heat! Covered pits, power, tables, chairs, concession trailer, and sat. TV all provided free of charge. Last time out we had a pretty good turn-out and with several new 1/10 Nitro cars being purchased that class will be growing quickly. 19t TC had a full field and prove to be a very tough main with Mason Mcombs coming out on top. Dexter Smith finally got things sorted out and took the honors in the TC stock class. Come on out and support one of Florida's nicest racing facilitys as well as some of the nicest people in our hobby. Visit www.newredhobbies.com for more info!
Anychance you could tell me how to get there from Apopka (where 436 & 441 obt merge together?) Even if I missed a qual. I'd like to come for a race or two... I get home around 7-7:30 so maybe I could check some of the action. Hook-me up we a good route to follow! . and yeah I'd definantly be coming to cut my teeth in some 12th scale, I love the cars and I'm getting faster.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

I don't know if 12 will be running this friday as some of those guys are running mini in addition to their normal touring class. I am planning on TC 19t and 10 Pan.

10 pan will be the "old school veteran goof off/entry level" class to feed into 12th. Let's go daytona boys, come get some.

In the next month I think we will be changing the north end of the track to flow a bit faster to help out the nitros.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

jump on the turnpike, take it to 75 and follow north to ocala exits. Exit east onto SR 40/silver springs blvd (2nd ocala exit). follow for 2.5-3 miles. you will go over a bridge and that light will be 441. Turn left onto 441. go over bridge. turn right at bottom of bridge (Jerry's Pawn n Gun on that corner). Turn right behind Jerrys. Weave left at stop sign and we're on the left.