Region 4 Director Debate.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Region 4 Director Debate.

Although quite entertaining, it is very messy reading each thread. How about we post a question here and each candidate reply on the same thread with a response. No bashing each other, just stick to the question at hand. Bill I am not doubting anything that you have done in the past, how about keep all answers as to what you are going to do now.

So it's is what have/can you do for me in the future.

Let the debate begin.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

..and I approve this thread.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Presently your current director (me) with some helpful friends( yes I've got those) found a new location for the cancelled paved oval race.Presently I working with Novak on the brushless stock motors.I did try two other manufactures but they were not interested.I'm also for extending the run time for stock TC to 6 minutes. I would also like to do the same for 19t TC. In 1/12th I would like to extend the time to 10 minutes. The state series is usually the leader for the nation and they have always tried thing out before ROAR voted it in.
Nationals with all the turmoil the last few months it was hard to try and get a nationals to come to Florida this year ( Speedline and Kissimmee).In the past and future I do work with the tracks hosting the events. Wth the RMT things are even easier for a club or track to host a nationals.Anyone in ROAR knows that I always push to get a nationals or two here in Florida.
In nitro I rely on my assisantants-If they have something for me to work on I will. Whether it's on-road or off-road.In off-road again I rely on my assisantants and will meet with them this weekend.
Working to keep all the series strong and growing. Working with people wanting to get property for R/C tracks around the state.I've done that and presently doing that.If the oval series want to join ROAR I'll be glad to help.
If anyone ever wanted to call , I'm available.When I'm at races I'm always available.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Articles for Rev-up- Again I rely on my assissants for reports. They have lives and they don't always get me the information I need. So you see me ramble on.I can't help if I race electric on-road and there is more about that in my reports.I will try to get the reports sooner.If any club wants something published in Rev-up and it is not outdated when published I will get it done.I've always done that and will continue.
ROAR or myself will never satify everyone. Whoever gets this job needs to realize that.I promise to continue promoting ROAR like I have since 1980.It's never what you did yesterday anymore it's what can you do for me tommorrow. My phone number is listed and so is the e-mail.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Bill. I did not try to negate what you have done for ROAR. I just thought that since we had others running for your spot, it would only be fair to compare apples to apples. Since the other two guys have not been the director before, I just thought this could be the place to write comments on the future of ROAR without bringing up the past. The past has good moments, as well as bad.

The candidates do say that it is time for a change, let us see what everyone feels about the changes:

I think there is a lot to be said about what you have done for region 4.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ahsikes

So it's is what have/can you do for me in the future.

thanks for the question. If Elected I plan on working hard with the oval comunity to get the focar series and some of the oval tracks to become roar sanctioned.

If elected I would always be available to the membership to answer any questions, with SIMPLE TO THE POINT ANSWERS. no code.

if elected i would start threads on many boards were members could ask roar related questions.

Thanks Dave Puliafico
Old 08-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

This is a good idea Aaron...so who all is running for region 4 director? DaveP, Bill, and Jeff. Anyone else thinking about it?

Just out of curiosity and nothing to do with this debate, well sort of, is the list of roar tracks posted on the ROAR website current? It is amazing how many tracks that are on there I run touring and oval for each of the respective series: FSEARA and FOCAR

Currently an undecided ROAR member with two votes :-)

Eugene
Old 08-02-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Gary Tuttle who is also running is in Ohio for the Great Lakes Challange. I am sure he will be open to any forum debate.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have been involved in this hobby since the early 80ís as far back as Fantasy Raceway in Hollywood Fla and was the 1/8 scale off-road champ at Mills Pond and also the 2004- 2005 1/10 scale Lakeland series champ. I am the Forgas President and the Vice President of the Charlotte R/C Club in Port Charlotte. I have teched many events such as the 2004 Ifmar World Championship in Kissimmee, the 2005 Kyosho Cup, the 2005 Gas Nats.
I am a traveling racer and would show up to all the events that time will allow.
I donít think itís what I can do for you, but what we can do together. Time has showed me that it takes a lot of dedication to and from the race community to get or make changes.

Gary Tuttle

Last edited by TrickPonYracing; 08-08-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Nice thread, good idea. Although the elections are months away...I'm sure you all are going to get tired of this politicking pretty quickly!

To be brutally honest, my agenda as director won't be much different than what Mr. Fraden has (or is) doing. The difference is the level of communication that I will bring to the job.

The communication I'm referring to comes in two forms: First, the day-to-day dialogue you have with the Members of ROAR - whether it be at the track or on one of these threads. We all joke about Fraden's "code." That isn't my style. If there is something to talk about, I can articulate my feelings and thoughts in a coherent, non-confrontational manner. The second form of communcation is between the different series throughout the Region. I was very embarrassed when Jeff Keeton questioned me about the dirt series. I had absolutely no idea how strong that series is! Is it in Revup? Is it represented well on this message board? No. I consider myself quite an avid racer, yet had no clue about the biggest series in the state! That would change under my leadership.