Wiki Posts
Search

FOCAR RACE 2 RECAP HOT HOT HOT!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Default FOCAR RACE 2 RECAP HOT HOT HOT!

WOW! what a day
focar made it's annual stop at hobby world the largest track we run on in the circuit.we had eighty entries and some hot weather and even hotter racing.we had racers from georgia and guys who drove 4 plus hours to run with us.thank you all for coming out and making this the largest oval series on the planet!now for some of the highs and lows from the event.

let's start off with pro stock:
with the advent of the ultrabird motor and it's benfits stock racing is shrinking every year. this does not take away from some good close racing. mr. stock billy bruce has proved his new ksg generation two can handle the big tracks just fine. billy was the class TQ and winner,he was the only one to break into the 35 lap barrier in the main. billy was followed by local hot shoe stephen pedano and the up and coming tom marlowe.4300 class winner david butts was 4th followed by jerry (have you seen my finger) parrott and scott (the human calculator)fillingham. nice job fellas

the 4 cell stock class had a full field of 10 drivers all wanting to take the win.when the dust had settled it was the local boy jeremy (the hurricane) kent taking the top spot with 33 laps. roy(got a light) phillips ran a strong second followed by stoney mullins. craig dispenza took home 4th with mike dispenza all the way from tampa florida taking 5th. great job guys!

pro 19 turn: this is where legends are made!
with 26 entries in 19 turn and a big open track with alot of bite anything can happen. the favorite tom pedano proved that his home made red flake chassis is not just pretty to look at but it can get the job done as well. tom left the gates and checked out from the field running a strong 39 laps in a 10 car field.mike (snowbird) boylan tried to run tom down but fell short also running 39 laps. billy (ksg) bruce took 3rd with 39 laps followed by troy(the wrench) meredith in 4th.i have watched alot of races in 20 years and this one was one of the best.i think i saw two cars rub fenders and lose 3 seconds on the track and that was it!drivers came down from the stand in a sweat! it was intense! awesome job guys...the best show up and you guys proved you are all winners! the B main was taken by stephen pedano toms younger and better looking brother..look out he is starting to figure 19 turn out boyz.the C main was won by bob husted and it looks like he started to figure out the track and he went 37 laps.

sportsman 19 turn:
they use the same motors as the pro drivers and the racing was just as close. after every qualifier these guys were coming down off the stand with big smiles. they all did a great job all day long and i think they got the hang of the big track in no time. bud(my left hand man) johnson was tq in this class but his day was ended early with a shorted out pack.sorry bud maybe next race? the winner greg (i need directions) walsh went 36 laps followed by his cohorts mike dispenza,tony borruso and dave carlbert.good job guys thanks for making the trip!

12th 19 turn: little tiny cars with big motors!
what can I say? mike (santa clause)bean took the TQ honors again and backed the TQ up with a strong 38 laps in a 10 car field to take the win! very nice job mike, you make this stuff look easy. the big news is mikes partner in crime curt($$$$ & meaty) follows mike around for a nice 2nd place run, followed by bob husted who ran well all day and russ(the touring car) smith who is new to the class. great job guys this was also a fun race to watch. will anyone beat bean this year? where is ronnie when you need him?

custom works sprint:
these guys and there car impress me with every race they run. kip ellerbusch and michael (the glitch) gitchell traded paint,wings and wheel caps the entire race! someone had to take the win and it was kip followed by michael and chris brimmer in third. kip has been doing well with his new found power push batteries. nice job guys

novak 4300:who needs stinking brushes?
well well well my team maverick pilot david butts comes from out of the dirt pit in the back lot to take a well deserved win. were talking the entire track stood up and gave this guy a thumbs up! if you don't know david he is the nicest guy in r/c racing. he has no enemies, and it was nice to see him take a big win like this at a track he has helped build and support for 20 years!david drove a smart race and kept his cool and made all the right moves when it counted. taking second was michael gitchell followed by joe (the momma) malin. during the heat of the day alot of guys were having thermal issues.i think this class will sell alot of motor freezers,lol. i got to run some brushless friday night and thought it was a blast! my first runs on my car and I was faster than my best 19 turn runs in november. these things fly!

a big thank you:
harold briley our stand in race announcer i think he did a great job and i'm not alone!

george ramos he does alot for that track and needs to get some credit for his efforts! thanks george

joe malin this guy can prep a race track! nice job joe!
roy phillips for the light.
all the sponsors for their raffle donations and jeremy kent for his help with the raffle! you r da man!
team power push for the dark cloud award going to willy(i'm not armon)shipman.
hard charger went to david (to the front) butts
BQ hat went to stephen pedano for taking the B main win. were going to give a nice hat away to the winner of the B main at each event. this is instead of a bq hat.
mike boylan for the web site design and up keep. and for lending a hand when i have some questions. mike is the fuel that keeps the oval racing burning in florida.

ok race rock in two weeks
focar race # 3 fast track hobbies in 3 weeks!
two short tracks in three weeks can you handle it?

see you all at the rock on sunday!
mother focar william sell