FOCAR RACE #3 FAST TRACK HOBBIES!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FOCAR RACE #3 FAST TRACK HOBBIES!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Also don't forget we have INDOOR pitting... its $5.00 a day but if you run the club race and pay the $5 you can stay until Sat. for the same $5 so that means $5 for friday and sat.

any question please freel free to ask.

Thanks everyone..
Old 06-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for hosting a FOCAR event. I had so much fun racing the oval track. Tim you or should I say YO did an outstanding job annoucing the races with some real enthusiam and keeping all of us on track. Special THANKS needs to go to cook for the great food and all day on the grill. Burger, hot dogs, and chicken what more can you ask for...THANK YOU.

Oh I did try the 4.5 on the track and Dave you are right its too much power. I run an RDX and tried a 78/15, the smallest pinion I had and couldn't keep it down. David Butts (tm) had a 10 and 11 pinion, I tried that the 10 and it was manageable but became more work since I already had to work on my stock and brushless oval pan cars. I decided not run it and save the car for the next weekend's state race.

I may have to make another trip down there to try the touring oval again.

Eugene
Old 06-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Unbelievable staff and facility. Thank you Fast Track!
Old 06-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

The Fast Track staff and families did a great job of hosting this event. What a great bunch of racers (for the most part) the FOCAR racers are. Was a long weekend of racing but lots of fun and learning. Thanks to Katf1sh and everyone else for this series. It's a great way to expand our hobby.

Bob
Old 06-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

thank you guys for coming out and racing with us. We all had a great time hope to see all of you guys next time.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

race number three saw the series travel to fast track hobbies in longwood florida. track temps hit 145 degrees and the racing was just as hot! if you made it to race three you may have got to see some things you may never see again?

stock: the stock class has gotten very small but the racing is good none the less. all the way from jacksonville florida we see that our class TQ was also the race winner mr. eugene biala takes the hard fought win in stock followed by mike dispenza and local strickland racer steve reid take third.

pro stock: the pro stock class had it's best turn out all year with some of the fsear racers returning from a long break and getting in some oval action at it's finest.
MR. stock tony padilla came back from the dead to not only TQ the pro stock class but back it up with a huge win! series regular billy bruce needs to go back and re-think his stock racing program after saturdays performance with a second place finish. third place went to mr. hobby world tom pedano followed by his other brother steven.filling out the field was scott(mr. math) fillingham and the butts pirate himself david butts!

custom works sprint cars: the sprint car class also had the largest field of the year for those guys with 6 cars battling it out for the win.
TQ kip powerbusch had some bad luck in the main and could only muster up a third place finish. taking the win and i think it's a first for him is chris brimmer followed by david carlbert. dark cloud winner carl ross went the entire race for once and came in fourth followed by the glitch mich gitchell and new car owner rockin ron.

the big boyz pro 19 turn:this is our largest class and where the big boyz hang out.

mr rock david preston drove a flawless third round and took TQ honors away from ernie bucci only to have the sand bagger himself(or is that ice bagger) mike boylan steal the win on the last lap! this race was crazy from the tone and alot of us saw what may have been a less than perfect main for the 19 turn boyz. there was alot of take and no give when the horn sounded and it didn't get any better the longer it went! ernie bucci had the car to beat early but had some bad luck handed to him by a fellow jacksonville racer and pulled his car off 15 laps in. chris lawson fought his way up to third only to have garbage collect on his rear spoiler ending his chances of victory. when the garbage finally fell off lawsons car it had to go somewhere right? well it did and this time it was onto the race leader david prestons car with only two laps to go! after mike boylan went into the pits for a brief grill cleaning due to a hot dog wrapper clogging his grill and over heating his engine he came back out and ran down the leader who was now sailing to victory with only one turn to go mike stole the win brickyard style from young rookie david preston. with the win mike is getting closer to locking up yet another focar cup for 2006! what will we see at race # 4 i can't wait to find out!

NOVAK BRUSHLESS 43K: this class has now had three different race winners in as many races!
ronnie hames attending his first race of the year ran a clean race and avoided the big one to take the win first time out! followed by the glitch mich gitchell and david butts. the points are too close to figure out yet who is going to take the cup. i think this class will go all the way to race six to determine a class winner!

12th scale 19 turn: what can i say? mike (santa clause) bean has found a way to win his third straight time in 2006! fresh off a horrible race rock showing mike had something to prove. mike was TQ and the race winner followed by the 45 car rich baran and bryan(i need a damn day off) roebuck took a nice third place finish.
bryan also took time out from his racing day to help a fellow driver tweak his car so he could at least have a car he could race with in the B main.nice job bryan!!

we had 77 entries and no rain all day! i want to thank everyone for their support of the series and i want to thank fast track and tim squared for a killer race track!

i hope to see you all at race # 4 at stricklands r/c park on saturday july 8th. gates open at 2 pm.

thanks to the sponsors for the raffle donations and we are now half way to getting a lap top for 2007! thanks again william sell