2013 Off Road schedule for Tea's Speeday

Old 04-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2013 Off Road schedule for Tea's Speedway

We are excited to get going with our summer events and here is the list of dates for the summer off road series. Due to the weather not looking great to start this summer we have pushed back the first race in May to the end of the month but will hit the series hard in June and the rest of the summer for a great 10 race series. Also with the weather slow to come around we will run the first couple of races on the current lay out and will be making our track change some time in June.

2013 Summer Sizzler Off Road series, best 8 of 10 for the series.

We Open at 12 noon and start the races at 1:30pm

Sunday May 19 race #1
Sunday June 2 race #2
Sunday June 9 race #3
Sunday June 30 race #4
Sunday July 14 race #5
Sunday July 21 race #6
Sunday August 11 race #7
Sunday August 18 race #8
Sunday September 8 race #9
Sunday September 22 race #10

Classes for 2013
Sportsman
Mod 2wd (new this year and we should have a good regular group for this)
Open 2wd SCT
Open 4wd SCT
1/8 Buggy
1/8 Truggy (can also run revo,savages or similar larger monster trucks as well)

You can find the general rules on our web site under house and class ruels toward the bottom of the page. If you still have questions please call me at the shop 507-289-7733

800-503-8327

Last edited by dirtsprinter; 06-09-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Have had a couple pm's (sorry I don't get on here much for a quick reply) and a couple calls at the shop.

To answer a couple of the common questions

Sunday start times will be 1:30pm with the Hobby Shop and indoor pitting opening at 12 noon.

Yes you are welcome to bring your own pop up awnings and pit close to the track. I do not have power out track side, only indoor.

The 2wd Mod class is for Buggy and Stadium trucks only no Mod SC trucks, we have a class for that. All buggy's much run buggy tires and all stadium trucks must run truck tires. And no we will not allow any 4wd buggy's in this class.

Yes we will have the catering service for food again this season.

The sportsman class is intended as a entry to intermediate level class. I will let you know if you are too good for the class lol. You can run anything in this class, we use this class to get people who don't race or have never raced a place to start and get the idea of competitive RC racing.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Also one other common question about the MN off road series that runs a prolite SCB class.

Anyone who has these is welcome to bring there along for the day. Being we do not have a specific class we will run them in the Mod 2wd class, not the regular full body class of Mod SC.

Looking forward to getting the season started once the weather starts acting like summer LOL.

Going to have a Open practice day in a couples, maybe on a weeknight with free practice, beverage and roller dogs for those willing to lend a hand with a rake and shovel to give the track a little touch up for the opening weekend on the 19th. Will post date when we get a little closer.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How is the track? Is there a race Sunday?
Old 05-19-2013, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Well forecast still looks the same so I will be heading out to the shop soon to get a couple things wrapped up. We had a little rain over night but not a whole lot. I'm pretty sure we will get started on time but it will be from 2pm on that us the question. Will update more around 11 am
Old 05-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rufus2010
How is the track? Is there a race Sunday?
Track has a couple puddles but that will go away fast. Other then that while not perfect condition it at the moment a very doable track for racing.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Being just after 11 am we have the PA and scoring system set up and rolling and now working on the track to get the rest of the water off and try to smooth-en out the surface a little. Looks like we will be able to get this race started on time. If you want to come out early to lend a hand with a rake it is always appreciated!!!!

See you in a short while.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

And just like the rest of the Spring Mother Nature had a part in our opening day of Off Road!!!
First off would like to thank those that helped during the week to get to Sunday and big thanks to Ryan for digging a couple trenches to get the rest of the water off the track.
We got going close to on time knowing we might have to deal with weather in the afternoon. Qualifying was FAST and close in all the classes. Was great to see first time racers Cody and Riley hitting the speedway for their first RC race in Sportsman and even Neil who has run some indoor oval put down a off road truck and had a great day as well. In a super competitive Mod SC class we saw a couple oval regular guys put their trucks at the top of the qualifying list with Trevor grabbing the TQ. BTW the top three guys all had 13.5 motors strapped in!!! All in all a great qualifing effort by all.
With bad weather rolling in we got the mains going as quickly as possible. Mike Craft took home the win in Sportsman, Taylor wne to victory lane in Mod SC, Ryan took checkers in a sick 22 lap run in 1/8 buggy and then we got to the Mod 4x4 class. 3 minutes in to the final race of the day and with Richard leading the pack and ahead of the days TQ driver Booper all heck broke loose and we had to stop the race. Drivers quickly packed up their gear and took shelter. I would like to thank the 5 of so racers who helped me get my tent and scoring equipment down in record time. We then pretty much watch the rain come down and put an end to our day.

We will make up that last main at our next race!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Well as usual weather may play a part in today's race. Track took last night rain very well and I expect that to be in good shape as long we don't get alot of rain going forward today. The ground around the track is a little soft so be careful when pulling onto the grass. Forecast calls for a 50-60% of rain all after noon but seam like scattered showers more then anything.

As of right now at 9:45 we are planning on trying to get the race in today. Track will open at 12 noon, racing starting at 1:30pm.

I will update again as we get closer to noon.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Make up race/ Double Header

Make up race for the cancelled race on June 9th is going to be ran the morning of June 30th prior to the regular scheduled race in the afternoon. The morning race will be scored as race #3 of the series.

Track will open at 9am along with the Hobby Shop for indoor pitting. We will start Series race #3 starting at 10:30 and will run the normal 2 heats followed by the mains.

Following the finish of Series race #3 will be a short break to score, post results and reset the names for Series race #4. With a little luck we should be rolling with the afternoon race around 1:30-2:00pm and will run the normal 2 heats followed by the mains.

Entry fees. Those that had already paid for their entry fee on June 9th you will get to use that entry for any future race. If you choose to use it for race #3 in the morning and are staying for race #4 in the afternoon your entry fee for the afternoon will be at 1/2 price. If you had not paid or would like to join us for a full day of racing the morning race will be at regular price and the afternoon race will also be at 1/2 price.

Any Question please call
Old 07-09-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

After a great 4th of July week we are back to racing this week.

Starting out on Thursday July 11th will be series race #4 of the oval series. Track will be ready around 4pm and racing starts at 6pm.

Sunday is looking to be another great turn out for the Off Road series race #5. Track and Hobby Shop will be open at 12 noon with racing starting at 1:30pm. To help with getting names in the system please be signed in by 1pm. There will also be a quick meeting prior to the start to go over getting transponders and Marshall's back out on the track to avoid long waiting times between races.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm assuming the track will be good to go tomorrow. True?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rufus2010
I'm assuming the track will be good to go tomorrow. True?
Sorry I dont get on here weekly, yep it was and we will be racing again this Sunday.

52 cars took to the track and sounds like a few guys will be back for this weeks race.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Just past the half way mark for the summer off road series, race #6 is this Sunday.

Track opens at 12 noon and racing starts at 1:30pm. It's been hot and will probably be hot again Sunday so we will have the A/C rolling again in the Indoor pitting area.

Thanks to all the efforts to racers with getting transponders in and out quick and prompt marshaling last week. Keep it up!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Well here is the 10am report LOL.

As of now we are looking good for getting the races in today. The track got and took the rain this morning very well witch it needed anyways.

Forecast looks like we will get some more rain around the 1pm hour. How much will be the question? I will update again around 12 noon. We will do our best to get this race in today with the long break coming up. Look forward to seeing you this afternoon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.