R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Events and Results (https://www.rctech.net/forum/events-results-91/)
-   -   Rick's Hobby Farm Temporarily closed (https://www.rctech.net/forum/events-results/609207-ricks-hobby-farm-temporarily-closed.html)

wheelieman 03-14-2012 04:12 PM

Rick's Hobby Farm Temporarily closed

The Track is Closed Temporarily

Due to the warm weather, we are able to get our excavator in on Friday so the trackat Rick's Hobby Farm Freedom Raceway is closed until further notice. We will be looking for volunteers to build this new wild track in possibly a week or two. We will post something when we have a definite date for the rebuild. Thanks, Brian

Wade.... 03-16-2012 09:10 AM

Yea baby! :nod: Woooo!

wheelieman 03-16-2012 01:50 PM

You sound like Dave today when the dozer was making BIG piles of dirt! Right now we have a flat track and a lot of dirt for making insane jumps. The track they are planning definitely has a wow factor. We will let you gus know when we plan on the build.

Mr. Bubby 03-16-2012 07:39 PM

Didn't you spend a lot of time last year doing the same thing.:confused:Changing the track and all. Were you not happy with it? I was only there once last year but it was a great track I thought. The only bad thing was that crazy ass jump in the middle. That definitely has to go:nod:

wheelieman 03-17-2012 10:40 AM

Well the track is a little closer to opening again. We had it flattened and ended up with about 30 loads of dirt. Enough to build a very fun and challenging track with dirt left over for maintenance and future work. Any volunteers would be very appreciated for March 23-25. We will have bobcats doing the heavy work. Thanks, Brian.

wheelieman 03-21-2012 01:55 PM

Just a Quick Update

The bobcats are scheduled to be delivered on Thursday night ready for action Friday morning assuming the weather holds. The decision will be made tomorrow morning or early afternoon deoending on the rain situation. We are hoping to get it in this weekend since the two weekends after that have other things going on. It would be awesome to get such a big jump on the season with this early work. I hope you guys can make it this weekend to help us with the track. If it gets canceled this weekend we will let you know. Thanks, Brian.

wheelieman 03-23-2012 03:15 PM

Well I just got back from the track and they are insane!

The mounds they have for just 3 jumps is overwhelming. This indicates to me that the new layout is going to be crazy! They have the bobcats for 2 more days but they will definitely need hand work too. I hope you guys can make it tomorrow or Saturday to help out. You definitely won't be disappointed.

wheelieman 03-26-2012 07:39 AM

Well it is Monday and I spent Sunday and part of Friday at the track build and the guys that came out did a great job. It looks pretty good so far. Now they have grooming to do and tubes to lay. We will let you know when its open. It will be worth the wait. They started with 33 loads of dirt. Can you believe it, they used ALL of it!!

Thanks to all the guys that worked on the track this weekend, Brian. It is really appreciated

When we have video of the new track we will be posting it. When it's open I have a feeling you will be dying to try it yourself.

wheelieman 04-27-2012 05:39 AM

Just in case you haven't seen the video. Freedom Raceway at RIck's Hobby Farm will be open as of Saturday, April 28. Hopefully the weather will cooperate! I hope you enjoy the new track layout and driver's stand.

SkarTisu 04-27-2012 09:48 AM

Here's a link to that video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p14sgbi5wFY

That layout is UNBELIEVABLE! :eek:

KLEIN-12 04-27-2012 11:57 AM

cant wait to try it...

wheelieman 04-27-2012 05:57 PM

I am sorry to announce that the Re-opening is delayed a week due to weather. It sounds like tomorrow is supposed to be raining most of the day and cold. We will keep the track closed for one more week. We will have our Re-opening on May 5. I hope you will make it!

sbeamish 04-27-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by SkarTisu (Post 10660121)
Here's a link to that video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p14sgbi5wFY

That layout is UNBELIEVABLE! :eek:

Makes me want to sell every piece of on-road gear I own and go 1/8 Nitro racing again!

Nice work guys. It nice to see that Ricks has realized all the potential it could be.

robertsmustang 04-27-2012 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by wheelieman (Post 10661661)
I am sorry to announce that the Re-opening is delayed a week due to weather. It sounds like tomorrow is supposed to be raining most of the day and cold. We will keep the track closed for one more week. We will have our Re-opening on May 5. I hope you will make it!

Aaah man I just spent the last couple hours getting my car ready and everything packed up to go there tomorrow. O well guess ill have to wait a few more weeks. Next saturday is the first race of the super saturday electric series.

wheelieman 04-28-2012 07:20 AM

Thanks for that sbeamish! I know the guys are working hard up there. Three of us worked yesterday on the pit area. Wow it was cold and windy up there! It is suprising how long something takes to build. We just want to start having fun up there.

Sorry RobertsMustang, I know it's hard. Today is aweful for weather. We have had ice pellets falling here. :cry:

It will be worth the wait. We were talking yesterday and we are all tired of the cold weather. We just want warm weather so we can run our stuff. The track is getting better as we wait though. Settling in nicely. You guys will love it.