2012 Summer Sizzler Outdoor Racing at Tea's

Old 03-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2012 Summer Sizzler Outdoor Racing at Tea's

Here are the Dates for the 2012 Summer Sizzler Series
This will be a 8-11 points series race.
**New start time**
We will be starting racing one hour earlier this year. Hobby Shop will open at 12 noon, and racing will start at 1:30pm.

Also new this year for those attending and making the series a part of there summer plans there will be a mid and end of series free entry day. This free entry will be awarded at the half way point (race #5) to a racer that has attended 4 out of the first 5 races in a specific class or classes they are running and again at the end of the series (race #11) to a racer that has attended 8 of the 11 races will get a free day of racing in the class or classes they are competing in.

Dates for the 2012 Summer Sizzler Off Road series
May 6th
May 20th
June 3rd
June 10th
July 1st
July 15th
July 29th
Aug 12th
Aug 26th
Sept 9th
Sept 16th
Sept 30th for makeup race if needed
Oct 7th for makeup race if needed

Hope we are getting some views as spring is just around the corner and I getting a few questions about classes for this year and most of these questions is in concern to keeping car counts up for fun to the wire races.

The classes we feel will continue to be strong this year and kind of have a set standard of rules and specific level of competitors in them are the 1/8 Truggy and the 1/8 Buggy in witch we will run nitro and electric together again and score the series together. One of the other classes we feel will be strong and competitive is the Mod Short Course class as it was the biggest class last year. The 4wd Short Course class will be growing this year as I there are at least 2 racers from last year that plan to join the class and I think there are several customers that usually don't race but have 4wd SC that will be attending a few races this year. For those classes above the rules will stay pretty much the same as last year and pretty much follow what the MN nitro series has for guidelines.

Now for what we called 1/10 open last year and the up and down number of cars we would like to make this into a Sportsman entry class for newer people to start in and get the feel for the racing end of competitive RC. Just about everyone that ran the open 1/10 last year I think falls into the Sportsman label of competition and this Sportsman class would be open for novice and new racers to start in regardless of there vehicle type and based more on the known ability of competitive racing. Our hopes are to get a classes with several people all of Sportsman experience level into one class so grow at there own pace.

Other ideas and would take some organizing from racers and us to put together classes for competitive 1/10 Stadium Truck and 1/10 2wd Buggy with rules and specs to be set based on interest. Would sure love to have several classes but want to have more then 2-3 cars for a race.

Suggestions welcome or list what you plan on running this summer.

Last edited by dirtsprinter; 04-20-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Lots of racers out getting the off road cars on the track last weekend. Had a chance to chat with a few and had great feed back about a Sportsman run what you have class this year. This class would be based on known experience level with a basic rule that trucks must have truck tires, buggy's must have buggy tires and a limit of 2 cell lipo's or 7 cell nimh.

Another class with good interest in 2wd Mod Stadium Truck. If we can get a few more interested in the class we could set some basic rules I think this would be a good class as well. Or we could open it to 2wd Mod buggy as well just to help the count?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I'm hoping to get down there sometime this summer with my SC truck. Tea's is always a fun place to race, indoor or out.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

We added a couple more trucks to the fleet over the winter so we will be running (3) 4x4 SC and (3) 2WD SC this year. Also running a 1/10 open and the 1/8 electric buggy again.

Look forward to seeing everyone again!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Holly cow Rick you plan on being busy! Should be a good group of 4x4's this year!
Old 04-08-2012, 01:46 AM
b22
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hoping to come

hopeing it come with a 1/10 4x4sct open mod and maybe a 1/10 2wd buggy
Old 04-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by b22 View Post
hopeing it come with a 1/10 4x4sct open mod and maybe a 1/10 2wd buggy
Sweat, the SC 4x4 class should have some great racing this year.

First race of the year will be on Sunday May 6th and the second race will be on Sunday May 20th. I will have the full calender on our web page updated here soon and will update my first post here with the full schedule soon.

Also we will be doing some track tune up after the winter abuse to get it in shape for the first couple of races over the next few weeks and will be making a layout change some time in June just to shake it up a little.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

I listed the dates for the series in the first post as well as the free race day for those making our series part of there summer plans.

We will be doing some work on the off road track in a couple weeks and will run the first couple of races on last years layout, well most of it, and plan on making a June track change. Should be a fun summer of close racing again this year.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

First off road race of the year coming up this weekend on Sunday. Hopefully weather goes in our favor for the start of the 2012 summer racing series. For those that have been practicing already this year there will be a couple changes done late in the week just throw a curve ball at you.

Hobby Shop opens at 12 noon and racing starts at 1:30pm. Please be signed in by 1:15.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Weather is as good as it can be for this time of year for the first race on the off road. I decided to leave the track layout the same as last year for the most part just gave it a good tune up the past couple days and will put or efforts into the rebuild in June.

Should be a good crowd for the first race of the 2012 Summer Sizzler series!
Hobby Shop opens at 12 noon, racing at 1:30.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default Racing on the 6th

I'm heading out to the track to see what condition it is in after a night of heavy rain. Looks like we will get some lite on and off showers till about 12:30 and then have a window to race starting about 1-1:30 for most the afternoon.

I will post on our website around 10:30 at www.teashobbyshop.com what our plan is.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Race is on

Took a little extra time to get the water off the track to see what we had and everything looks pretty good. Other then a couple ruts for water running across a couple lanes but we will continue to work those out.

Track opens at 12 noon and racing will start about 1:30.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

A big Thank You to everyone that came out last Sunday for the opening day of Off Road. Weather held off during the afternoon and we had some GREAT racing to start the season. Also thanks for hanging with us through a couple computer and printer issues, we will have them tuned up for the next round on the 20th.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Oval and Off Road racing this week!

Thursday night will be the kick off race for the summer series. Track will be open around 4pm and racing will be at 6pm. Due to the lack of sun till be get a little further in the summer we will be pushing the heats as fast as we can. We need to be wrapping up by 8:30.

Sunday will be the 2nd round for the summer off road series. Track and Hobby Shop open at 12 noon and racing starts about 1:30pm.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default Sunday May 20th

Everything looks good for a fun day of off road racing. Weather looks like it will be in the mid 60's with some clouds all day. Small chance of scattered showers early afternoon but nothing that should effect the day. Hobby Shop will open at 12 noon and racing will start at 1:30.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service