Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing > Events and Results
2012 Wild About Wheels R/C Shootout-Presented by NMR March 16-18 >

2012 Wild About Wheels R/C Shootout-Presented by NMR March 16-18

2012 Wild About Wheels R/C Shootout-Presented by NMR March 16-18

Old 01-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default 2012 Wild About Wheels R/C Shootout-Presented by NMR March 16-18

The Northern Mini Racers will be doing the Wild About Wheels race again this year! It will be held at the State Fair Center March 16-18. See attached flyer for all the details.

There will be a pre-entry list when entry fee is received. Please DO NOT post your class and transponder number on the thread.

Thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Wild About Wheels 2012.pdf (348.7 KB, 277 views)
Old 01-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What classes are going run
Old 01-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by big_ads View Post
See attached flyer for all the details.
Originally Posted by CorallyBQuiK View Post
What classes are going run
Read the flyer.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 2 more for oval.

using the old rule of "it takes 3 to make a class", can we add 2 more classes of oval? This race is an important advertisement for us locally. I think it's wise to do what spectators recognize. Take yourself out of the equation for a second. This particular race is really a show. We're there to put on a show.

I'd like to see us get the 1/12th class and the IMCA class going as well. It's all entry fees, and it's all important.

Class 2,[/B] in our area there are GOBS of left over, unused, older 1/12th chassis's sitting neglected. Spare tires, batterys motors, etc. makes for cheap racing.
1/12th Mcallister Late Model body, (1s) 17.5, blinky, limited to 2" maximum spoiler. No wings, no side dams. Want it to look like something to the fans.

Class 3
, "Our version" of open. All open really does is irritate everybody. So let's tone it down to slightly more reasonable. just needs to be 5 laps faster than 17.5, 1s blinky 1/12th.
1/10 Mcallister IMCA modified body, limited to 2" maximum spoiler, 210mm pan chassis. your old WGT or an oval chassis, whatever. (2s) 13.5, blinky. went 210 mm on this because the tires are gonna hang out anyway. narrower on the others to keep the tires under the body, saves chunked tires, reduces tire on tire accidents that break cars. Went Blinky on the open class as well. people seem to be more "at ease" and willing to try a blinky situation. This will be the fastest class. The top 3-4 drivers will likely be okay with this. I'm thinking it's going to be a bit hard to drive for some people. That's the angle. Sure, you're gonna get hacked by somebody that's out of control. Might even bust the heck out of your car. but you know it's gonna happen. You have to manage the carnage. If you're a good enough driver, WAIT for a pass, don't just try to pass the second you catch a car. If the other driver is a hacker, he's gonna be 12 feet off some corner in the next 2-3 laps. Exercise some control. Well, as best you can. I want this class to be slightly "edgey". By keeping this class (2s) it uses the same battery and tires (even potentially the same chassis as a Bomber). Also uses the same electronics and batterys that most of us are using for offroad in the summer. Makes racing cheaper, and more effective with existing equipment.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

I've got a new local guy we'd bring down that wants to try some oval. just in those 3 classes, my group would have 12 paid entry fees just with that.

worth considering, and I'd like to bring the new guy.

the other reason we need to iron this out is I need 2 rooms if we bring another guy.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

so if i order a 12th oval body,and an imca body,do I get the BIG stormer discount? lol
I do like your idea,but that means I myself would be runing (6) classes.
on time to chit chat.

Last edited by roadkill; 01-29-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

gotta put meat in the seats. It's about the crowd for this event. Done well, it's CRAZY good advertisement for the local club. And that's the most important part.

I'd rather do 100 of these kinds of races for fun in front of a race car crowd than even 1 hidden in a basement somewhere for a national title.

These kinds of events are important.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 01-27-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

It was talked about at the meeting and we decided that the only other oval class that we would run, pending enough interest would be:

Rubber Touring Late Model
-Sweep 32/jaco blue tires
-17.5 motor
-Blinky Speed control
-2s LiPo
-Late model Body

The general feeling at the meeting was adding any more classes would clutter up the program and keep it from running smoothly.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

It's coming up. Let's discuss.

Who's for making the main rug, the 48x96, into an oval with a roadcourse infield?

Just tossing out ideas. The thought of going 40-50mph indoors would be AWESOME! and the crowd would LOVE IT!!!!!!

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 02-24-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

I'm starting to be of the impression that the IMCA mod class should be up to 235mm wide with a 10.5 motor limit. If we're gonna put on a show for the fans... let's put on a show for the fans.

Old fiberglass 10L's can be had for like $30-$50 used. no excuse on that one. tires are easily obtained off of your old WGT car, so that's a no brainer as well!!!

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 02-24-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Only three weeks away. The 40 x 96 track will be in traditional road course with the short-track oval beside it. Bomber's are a go for sure on the oval, latemodel class still undecided.

Bob feel free to bring whatever kind of oval toys you want to drive in between, but we are going to stick with the bomber and maybe latemodel touring cars as the only oval classes this year.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Only three weeks away. The 40 x 96 track will be in traditional road course with the short-track oval beside it. Bomber's are a go for sure on the oval, latemodel class still undecided.

Bob feel free to bring whatever kind of oval toys you want to drive in between, but we are going to stick with the bomber and maybe latemodel touring cars as the only oval classes this year.

What's the rules for a latemodel touring car? What body?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Rubber Touring Late Model
-Sweep 32/jaco blue tires
-17.5 motor
-Blinky Speed control
-2s LiPo
-200mm Late model Body
Rules for late model touring...this was pending enough to run the class.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

I think too if a few guys want to get together and make a class so be it we are there to put on a show. (winnebagos or shcoolbusses) Thats jus my two cents.

Also id like to run vta tires on my latemodel if i could? I dont see any advantage they just look cooler with the 31mm all the way around.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pedeoff View Post
I think too if a few guys want to get together and make a class so be it we are there to put on a show. (winnebagos or shcoolbusses) Thats jus my two cents.

Also id like to run vta tires on my latemodel if i could? I dont see any advantage they just look cooler with the 31mm all the way around.
I can't imagine anybody complaining about the tires. and they would look SCHWEET!.

If we have a few guys that want to dabble, I'd truly suggest this as the time to bring out the old 235mm pan car and slap an IMCA body on it. If the goal is to put on a show for guys and a community that digs on IMCA racing, I think it's our best plan.

Count on myself, Evan and Randon for some 235mm action. I know Shawn and Ryan from Regina had commented on possibly coming down just for the chance to play around doing something different. We'll see. Long way to travel for play.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service